Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

albertodream wrote: Maybe I don't explain myself correctly: in the folder 'albertodream' there's a single patch (FXP) instead of my bank (FXB). The file that contains my 36 patches is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/saajnrf4bmiqt ... ank1ok.FXB

Thanks
Hi,

as i already explained i already re-downloaded the bank file. Besiders that the sub-folder "single patches" contained the rest (35 files) of the single patches besides that single patch.
In my latest version (before your last 2 posts) i already had all 36 patches in that "single patches" folder and also included those with the sorted banks files (for those the single files are the most important). This means nothing is lost.

All patches/banks that are no full 128 patches like those from FMR, Breeze and Kujashi are sorted into "KVR community banks" with a Default patch renamed to the sound deigners name in front of the corresponding patches.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

2DaT wrote:Updated (OP too):
1)Proper sustain (i hope so)
2)Double click reset for knobs
3)Phase bug fixed
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip

Time for factory preset bank and website :x
Great stuff, 2DaT! The sustain pedal fix works really well. :tu:

Two things about the Legato modes:

1. It seems that the envelopes have to reach the sustain phase before they're re-triggered. Is this the normal behavior? I would expect retriggering to restart the retriggerable envelopes (based on the mode) immediately wherever they happen to be in their run. This isn't obvious for uses where the attack/decay is fast but it is when they're slow.

2. I think there's a case for another Legato mode: "Forget all". In standard polyphonic use, you don't want notes retriggered when the polyphony is exceeded and then reduced as notes are released. The current options are great for some things (try reducing the polyphony to 4 and play chords with a held octave in the bass), but for typical poly use, you want notes to be "abandoned" once they've been stolen.

2DaT wrote:Time for factory preset bank and website :x
Almost! :hihi:

2 additional details:

1. Why is it possible to have the Learn and Clear automation switches on at the same time?

2. Will the BandPass switch continue to turn on when in 24db mode (where it's non-functional)?

Unison patches sound as intended right from the start now :tu:

2DaT wrote:Updated (OP too):
1)Proper sustain (i hope so)
2)Double click reset for knobs
3)Phase bug fixed
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip

Time for factory preset bank and website :x
Thanks for the update 2Dat.

Is the idea to use the patches shared here for factory preset bank? You may as well launch with as large a number of presets as possible.

Perhaps a 2.0 version could include an internal preset management system.

Hey guys, here's a short manual for the current version: The Obxd, an unofficial manual

Most of you won't need it, but it might come in handy to someone, somewhere, sometime... It describes how the Obxd diverges from the OBX and some of its idiosyncrasies.

I'll revise it as necessary and keep the link the same.

Breeze wrote:Hey guys, here's a short manual for the current version: The Obxd, an unofficial manual

Most of you won't need it, but it might come in handy to someone, somewhere, sometime... It describes how the Obxd diverges from the OBX and some of its idiosyncrasies.

EDIT: My mistake!
Good work, BTW :)
Fernando (FMR)

made a reese bass https://www.dropbox.com/s/aho44t1qsahly ... 0reese.fxp

I turned up the glide variation so it has a really fat sound when it slides around.

Breeze wrote:Hey guys, here's a short manual for the current version: The Obxd, an unofficial manual

An excellent starting point to discover quite quickly the essential for newbies on Oberheim good stuff.

Thanks Breeze!

(hum... even if it's of course true, is there any legal risk by mentioning explicitly "...simulator of the first Oberheim OB-X" at the very first sentence of the document? I know that generally there are no legal follow-up but isn't it a way to give them a stick to beat you with?)

Anyway, excellent doc to catch the essential of this synth. Thanks!
Yes but in this case I suggest you to begin by a subtitle indicating "Revision date of this document: {date in format DD mmm YYYY} (like 01 January 2014)"

If not, it will be very quickly a mess to determine between several revisions which one is the most recent.

It's just a suggestion...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

You're welcome, guys. I also put this thing together to also clarify a few things for myself. I can say that I have a good handle on it now. ;)
BlackWinny wrote:(hum... even if it's of course true, is there any legal risk by mentioning explicitly "...simulator of the first Oberheim OB-X" at the very first sentence of the document? I know that generally there are no legal follow-up but isn't it a way to give them a stick to beat you with?)
(I let 2DaT take a look at it and he didn't have any objection. They're not using any names or logos on the GUI. Technically, I don't know if he actually said it ...and I didn't make it ...I just assumed... I can change it... Also, I can see how this may be a problem for a commercial product, but no one is profiting from this venture; last I calculated 0% of 0 = 0. ;) )

Boy good thing we have parentheses! :phew:
:hihi:
BlackWinny wrote:Yes but in this case I suggest you to begin by a subtitle...
That's already there: at the bottom of the first page of the document, I put a date and a document revision number. If 2DaT ever starts using version numbers on his builds, I'll reference those as well.

In fact, there's a new revision now where I changed the wording of the first line to be a little more... (ambiguous)... :D

nice work, breeze..... much better than my user manual! :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Try to include and correct (mostly master volume) patches that were added here and which i got by PM and hopefully could post the updated patches collection. A lot of new patches (overall 532 now) and updates patches will be included there.

UPDATE:
Just received another revision of Breeze's bank...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Things got strangely quiet all of a sudden around here. How is everything going?
Fernando (FMR)

People have moved on to more important things in life :wink:
The EU parliament has just stabbed Snowden in the back, what are stupid synth patches compared to that? ...

fmr wrote:Things got strangely quiet all of a sudden around here. How is everything going?
Had a little time off but still working on finishing the next (very big...) update of the patches collection.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”