Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

OK! Here's my contribution to the Obxd project: a 64-patchbank you're free to enjoy and use as you wish:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... d-Bank.rar

There's a ReadMe with some notes. The content is mostly "Meat and Potatoes" patches with a few twists. I haven't listened to any of the other patch banks posted yet because I didn't want to be influenced... some patches might be redundant as a result. And as discussed, effects will add to many of these, but it's an interesting challenge to work without!

A few notes to 2DaT:

- The "Shimmer Keys" preset is a good example of why it's useful to have a proper key transpose: sometimes master tune and key transpose is the best way not to alter the delicate balance of parameters that makes a sound what it is. I left it tuned 1 tone up from concert as a result.

- Once after being on for a very long time, the Obxd GUI animation became unresponsive while the control still worked. No repro yet.

- When playing fast and busy notes or chords, there are occasional "blips" in the sound. I don't know what it is, but it shouldn't be happening. If it is voice stealing, it should be a quiet process.

- I hope some sense of the key modes is made. I haven't been following that discussion carefully (got some catching up to do), but I am loosely in the "tape down the VAM" camp. ;)

- I still miss @#$&@% OSC2 Detune Down... please consider as I suggested: another parameter for the detune down, pairing it with the current one on one control with the dead zone at 12'oclock. This is just such a useful missing feature.

I really hope this wasn't just a one-off experiment, 2DaT. You're clearly good at this. ;)

Enjoy!

freemobil wrote:Good news... the OBXD-GUI compatible step sequencer OBVS is work in progress :hyper: but we need a little bit time more
OBVS-Seq.jpg
Wow! this is a fantastic addition!

Can you please add one of these screens to the main synth to show the values of the parameter?

More or less acoustic power toms...
https://app.box.com/s/qwnxqxidtscpjdkis98z

(Yeah, just one patch, too lazy to do an entire bank :D Especially since I don't know yet if this is the final version of the plugin.)

Breeze wrote:OK! Here's my contribution to the Obxd project: a 64-patchbank you're free to enjoy and use as you wish:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104 ... d-Bank.rar

There's a ReadMe with some notes. The content is mostly "Meat and Potatoes" patches with a few twists. I haven't listened to any of the other patch banks posted yet because I didn't want to be influenced... some patches might be redundant as a result. And as discussed, effects will add to many of these, but it's an interesting challenge to work without!

A few notes to 2DaT:

- The "Shimmer Keys" preset is a good example of why it's useful to have a proper key transpose: sometimes master tune and key transpose is the best way not to alter the delicate balance of parameters that makes a sound what it is. I left it tuned 1 tone up from concert as a result.

- Once after being on for a very long time, the Obxd GUI animation became unresponsive while the control still worked. No repro yet.

- When playing fast and busy notes or chords, there are occasional "blips" in the sound. I don't know what it is, but it shouldn't be happening. If it is voice stealing, it should be a quiet process.

- I hope some sense of the key modes is made. I haven't been following that discussion carefully (got some catching up to do), but I am loosely in the "tape down the VAM" camp. ;)

- I still miss @#$&@% OSC2 Detune Down... please consider as I suggested: another parameter for the detune down, pairing it with the current one on one control with the dead zone at 12'oclock. This is just such a useful missing feature.

I really hope this wasn't just a one-off experiment, 2DaT. You're clearly good at this. ;)

Enjoy!
Thank you! :D
[Insert Signature Here]

You're welcome! I just took a look at what I posted and there are some patches wrong, some names wrong and some I'm not happy with in retrospect, so please be advised that there will be a revision... as soon as I have a bit more time! ;)

I'll post it on this thread here as soon as it's ready; the link might change.

@2Dat: I forgot to mention. one of the problems with fine tuning parameters with a modifier key is the Envelopes: if you're fine tuning say an Attack time, then you want be repeating the attack with one hand, adjusting the envelope parameter with the other, and holding the modifier key with...? (I won't say it! ;) ) It might be cool to use the mouse wheel for that, or cross-clicking (hold right and left keys on the mouse at the same time).

Hello,
I would to know if the sequencer is also for 64 bit, because also OBXD Is.
Thanks.
Luciano

There is midi transpose for that.
Can you post an example? Is it connected to velocity ? If so, i have bugfix coming. :)

baby OBXD :oops:

awwww baby pictures :love:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

EnGee wrote:
freemobil wrote:Good news... the OBXD-GUI compatible step sequencer OBVS is work in progress :hyper: but we need a little bit time more
OBVS-Seq.jpg

Can you please add one of these screens to the main synth to show the values of the parameter?
i could mock up the background to accomodate this and create the 0-99 numeric animation strip. this and the double click default value would add great precise control.....if 2D so wishes :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

fluffy_little_something wrote:
fmr wrote:This shows very well the powerful sound of this synth when in unison mode :) (it's in unison, isn't it?)
Powerful yes, but at the same time irritating after 15 secs. I bet the CIA is looking forward to that patch, both synth and patch are free, even cheaper than the Mexican cleaning lady they currently employ to wipe the water off the floor afterwards :roll:
There is Unison indeed (2 voices" and the synth is powerful indeed but what makes it really "scream" in that specific example is the Schwa Oligarc Drive (included with the Oligarc bundle):

http://www.stillwellaudio.com/plugins/s ... s/oligarc/

With the latset analog synth releases (both hardware and software) a rive seem to be more and more popular. The Waldorf Pulse 2 includes a very nice one too.
The Oligarc Drive was also included with the Olga synth from Schwa.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

yeah sync leads with distortion rock.
without they just sound cheesy 80s ;P
simple 80s sounds demo.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/503 ... edemo3.wav
just obxd ,no effects (and no presets)

actually got it roaring quite by itself
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/503 ... o4roar.wav
same as a previous example but more roraring disto sync sound

anyway awesome softsynth. real analog sound

Breeze wrote:I haven't listened to any of the other patch banks posted yet because I didn't want to be influenced... some patches might be redundant as a result. And as discussed, effects will add to many of these, but it's an interesting challenge to work without!
Same here. While doing my own patches i had "collected" all banks posted here including yours but only had a listen to sme from the OBXa bank yet.
Could indeed be possible that some of my patches will be close to those done by others (will check those next week maybe) but i expect that they are different enough.
Even reprogramming "famous" sounds with different sound designers usually will lead to more or less different results. There seem to be lots of different versions of the "Jump" patch for example...

Anyway the best way to handle this for 2DaT should be do include all bank files posted here and include a selction of his personal "Best Of" with the factory sounds for the plugin. This way no patches wil get "lost".
Of course this is only possible if the sound designers that publish their patches agree with them included with the plugin. With free patches i publish myself this is no problem.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

layzer wrote:
EnGee wrote:
OBVS-Seq.jpg

i could mock up the background to accomodate this and create the 0-99 numeric animation strip. this and the double click default value would add great precise control.....if 2D so wishes :D
This would be nice. But do you mean only values 0-99 will represent every parameter?

I think one new screen for values (Hz as well) in a new place would be great like on the title (it takes a large space now!)

Just tried to replicate a Jupiter 8 Brass sound i had done for the Diva factory sounds during the Public Beta. While the result sounds very nice on it's own it is still different.

As i realized with many other synths in the past matching the Jupiter 8 sound exactly is difficult (of course it is possible for certain sounds but generally it is not that simple ; no need to post examples of Synth1 here...) and i also did not expect to do so with OBXD as the oscillators, filter and envelopes should be different.

OBXD seems to be close to te raw power of the Jupiter modules in Diva and in that respect a lot better than e.g. OP-X Pro IMO.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”