Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

layzer wrote:
i could mock up the background to accomodate this and create the 0-99 numeric animation strip. this and the double click default value would add great precise control.....if 2D so wishes :D
engee wrote: This would be nice. But do you mean only values 0-99 will represent every parameter?

I think one new screen for values (Hz as well) in a new place would be great like on the title (it takes a large space now!)
well, i was thinking mouseover the knobs would change the display to the current value. and change accordingly when the knob was turned. dont know how difficult or time consuming it would be, though.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Ingonator wrote:
OBXD seems to be close to te raw power of the Jupiter modules in Diva and in that respect a lot better than e.g. OP-X Pro IMO.

Ingo
Gimme a break, all you do is put down OP-X Pro

layzer wrote:
well, i was thinking mouseover the knobs would change the display to the current value. and change accordingly when the knob was turned. dont know how difficult or time consuming it would be, though.
I think the current space is too small to handle it. Maybe a tooltip is a better idea if not another text field.

I don't know really how difficult it is. It depends on the supplied class and if there are enough properties or events that can do it.
The one used in Korg polysix for example, is really a nice one. It shows you the name of the parameter in the first raw of the tooltip and the value of it in the second raw.

When you mouseOver, then the tooltip appear with info and stay there even when you click the parameter, it stay perfectly fine, then when changing the value, it updates.

I don't have Visual Studio installed to check but I think you can do it with the default class maybe. Otherwise, plan B is a nice one also (another lcd text field with the info required) :-)

Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
OBXD seems to be close to te raw power of the Jupiter modules in Diva and in that respect a lot better than e.g. OP-X Pro IMO.

Ingo
Had owned OP-X Pro (And OP-X before) in tha past for quite a long time and sold around two and a half years ago. I do not say that it's bad but since i sold it there are several synths that are just better IMO and OBXD is one of them.

In those two and a half years i had tested the demo again multiple times (also when the current sale started) but decided it's not really for me, also based on what i already got (e.g. OBXD, Diva, Monark, Saurus, Oxium, Synthix, PolyKB II, Arturia Oberheim SEM V, Arturia Jupiter 8V, TAL U-NO-LX, TAL BassLine-101, Synth Squad, Poly-Ana and Sylenth1.).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Is this coming to OSX? It sounds great.

Breeze wrote: - I still miss @#$&@% OSC2 Detune Down... please consider as I suggested: another parameter for the detune down, pairing it with the current one on one control with the dead zone at 12'oclock. This is just such a useful missing feature.
Not sure what you mean. You mean above 12 o'clock Osc1 up and below 12 Osc2 down?
That results in the same thing in my view. Whether the asymmetrical detune is above or below the perfect semitone pitch doesn't really matter in my view

If the overall pitch of the patch is to remain the same, I suggest to modify the current Osc2 detune knob invisibly, so that when you increase it by one or four cents, Osc1 is automatically decreased by one or four cents. This way zero could remain at 7 o'clock as polarity would not matter, and the full resolution of the knob scale would be retained.

Ingonator wrote:
Examigan wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

Ingo
Had owned OP-X Pro (And OP-X before) in tha past for quite a long time and sold around two and a half years ago. I do not say that it's bad but since i sold it there are several synths that are just better IMO and OBXD is one of them.

In those two and a half years i had tested the demo again multiple times (also when the current sale started) but decided it's not really for me, also based on what i already got (e.g. OBXD, Diva, Monark, Saurus, Oxium, Synthix, PolyKB II, Arturia Oberheim SEM V, Arturia Jupiter 8V, TAL U-NO-LX, TAL BassLine-101, Synth Squad, Poly-Ana and Sylenth1.).

Ingo
Yes. When talking about emulations of the same synth, it makes sense to compare them and reach a verdict. I agree that the sound is simply a bit better than with the OP-X Pro. I guess we all know that the OP-X has been the reference emulation for that synth for years, so nobody here likes to put it down. Actually, considering how much time and energy Peter has invested, it hurts a bit to admit that it doesn't sound as good as this new emulation. But what is the point in not being honest?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I agree that the sound is simply a bit better than with the OP-X Pro.
+1

OP-X was the first plugin I bought when I switched from hardware to software in 2009. It was one of the best, if not the best, virtual analog plugins I found then. But that was a long time ago and time marches quickly in software development.

OP-X has a large selection of excellent presets which compensates for the fact that the basic filter is not that exciting IMO. With OBXD, I can start with the default patch, turn on Unison, add some spread/detune, sweep the filter, and my eyes do this: :o

The fact that OP-X hasn't announced a date for 64 bit is also telling. If you look at companies like u-he or Tone2, they always have something new and exciting in the works. Sonic Projects has done only minor tweaks to the same basic synth I bought in 2009.

OK, this is a very weird bug and I'd understand if it's not resolvable. But I use the old, free beta of ariesverb now and again. I'm starting to come back to it as I re-realize how good it is. Unfortunately, every time I load it in the same project as OBXD, on any track, OBXD stops all output until I remove it from the project. GUI works, but there's no sound produced. Is there something simple about the inner workings of ariesverb that is preventing this? I'm on Reaper, Win7 32 bit.

Thanks.

layzer wrote:
EnGee wrote:
freemobil wrote:Good news... the OBXD-GUI compatible step sequencer OBVS is work in progress :hyper: but we need a little bit time more
OBVS-Seq.jpg
Wow! this is a fantastic addition!

Can you please add one of these screens to the main synth to show the values of the parameter?
i could mock up the background to accomodate this and create the 0-99 numeric animation strip. this and the double click default value would add great precise control.....if 2D so wishes :D

Would be better if parameters are 0 to 127 for MIDI CC compatibility (or -63 to 64). Also it would make sense to use up the whole display to show the full name of the parameter along with the value.

nineofkings wrote:...I use the old, free beta of ariesverb now and again. I'm starting to come back to it as I re-realize how good it is...
Yes! Surprisingly rich and versatile old relic, much like myself! Hope this issue can be resolved!

Ariesverb 0.2 and 0.4a both work with the latest version of OBXD in REAPER 32 on Win7 64.
Maybe the combination that works is that the reverb must be on a separate track?
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

In line with my motto 'a patch a day makes you work, rest and play' here is my second patch, a Rhodes for the poor so to speak :hihi: Sounds nice through some reverb...

https://app.box.com/s/ucvtk4si8l0ckwnz5pjz

nineofkings wrote:OK, this is a very weird bug and I'd understand if it's not resolvable. But I use the old, free beta of ariesverb now and again. I'm starting to come back to it as I re-realize how good it is. Unfortunately, every time I load it in the same project as OBXD, on any track, OBXD stops all output until I remove it from the project. GUI works, but there's no sound produced. Is there something simple about the inner workings of ariesverb that is preventing this? I'm on Reaper, Win7 32 bit.

Thanks.
i noticed obxd choked with FM7 on my winxp sp3 32bit daw. same issue perhaps? :shrug:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Mutant wrote:Ariesverb 0.2 and 0.4a both work with the latest version of OBXD in REAPER 32 on Win7 64.
Maybe the combination that works is that the reverb must be on a separate track?
It is when the reverb is on a second track that OBXD pleads the 5th.

Return to “Instruments”