Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

SciFiArtMan wrote:
layzer wrote:...i like ED's idea of voice led's and would like to see it in later versions suggest away...
I like the Voice LED idea too, but wonder if the lights might be better suited in the Voice Pan area, next to each pan knob somehow. The Voice Pan Bypass Switch is an interesting idea too!

If and when that time comes.
I guess it was my idea 8)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p5611823

Actually, I remembered TubeOhm's old Bruno RP, which has such lights for the voices :)

layzer wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote: I like the Voice LED idea too, but wonder if the lights might be better suited in the Voice Pan area, next to each pan knob somehow.
or as a blinking 12 'oc dot on each voice pot, hey theres a way to make the dot even more important, eh? :hihi:
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

SciFiArtMan wrote:
layzer wrote:...i like ED's idea of voice led's and would like to see it in later versions suggest away...
I like the Voice LED idea too, but wonder if the lights might be better suited in the Voice Pan area, next to each pan knob somehow.
I intentionally positioned them in the Master secion which looks half-empty otherwise.

Gui, rescale of lfo pitch knob, denormal fix .
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip

2DaT wrote:Gui, rescale of lfo pitch knob, denormal fix .
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Testing time

No longer crashes Mulab :) Thanks. The CPU load rises to about 40% max under the unrealistic conditions mentioned earlier (both osc's set to zero etc.).

I am not a big fan of BP filters, but I was wondering if it works correctly. It sounds just like the LP filter, unless one turns the Multi knob. Maybe that is how it's supposed to be used...

fluffy_little_something wrote:No longer crashes Mulab :) Thanks. The CPU load rises to about 40% max under the unrealistic conditions mentioned earlier (both osc's set to zero etc.).

I am not a big fan of BP filters, but I was wondering if it works correctly. It sounds just like the LP filter, unless one turns the Multi knob. Maybe that is how it's supposed to be used...
Bp button activates bp multimode blend for 12 db filter. Pure bandpass when multimode is on middle.

2DaT wrote:Testing time
Looks like very cool and the sounding ist perfect. :love:

2DaT wrote:Gui, rescale of lfo pitch knob, denormal fix .
This came out great! Nice work 2Dat and Layzer.

:tu: Congratulations! We finally made it...

well, truth be told, you made it and I merely watched.

:)
바보

Super, guys! 2DaT and Layzer, thanks for your creativity, craftsmanship, time and flexibility! And 2DaT, thanks also for your astounding generosity. And of course a big :tu: to everyone who's contributed in whatever big or small way to help this remarkable achievement along!

I'm going to try digesting this for a while before I inevitably post about any issues and observations... Yum! ;)

I love it.

Looks and sounds awesome, guys!
Working well for me in Reaper 4, so far. :tu:

Congratulations and thank you to 2DAT and Layzer!
Obxd is an instant classic.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Feedback after a brief session using the new GUI.

Possible Bug

If you just turn the PW knob in the Oscillators section, the Pulse sound is always audible. However, if you modulate it with the LFO like this screenshot, you can make the Pulse sound disappear.

Usability Issues

I suggest using the more common keyboard controls:

Shift - For fine adjustments.
Cltrl + Click - Reset to default value. This functionality is currently missing.

Cosmetic GUI Issues

1. The drop down for KEEP AENV is mislabeled:

2. In my opinion, the PITCH knob in the Modulation section is mislabeled since it can affect filter cut off. I think it should be DEPTH. It was changed to DEPTH previously but somehow it changed back.

2DAT: I suggest keeping post #1 updated with the current version so people can find it.

Return to “Instruments”