Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

@Breeze thanks for the tip re voice count eating CPU. I always enjoy playing the big unison sounds, so I had a bunch, but I can really only fit one big sound in the mix at a time anyway. :dog: CPU is now under control! :D

2DaT wrote:However i cant reproduce that "warming" effect after bugfix. :) Maybe post a quick audio example ?(make sure it isnt natural beating of slightly detuned oscs).
Here's an example from the submission I made to the OSC. When I first load the project, the whip sounds like the first two and then settles into the way the 3rd & 4th sounds until I close the project. It'll sound like the first two for the number of voices active on the Obxd. In this case I saved the project with 2 active voices, so you only hear it twice; if I save it with all 8 voice active, it'll sound like the first two eight times till it sounds correctly like the third:

whip-test.mp3

Note that this effect is done with two Obxds: one does the initial whoosh and the second one does the whip snap. Here's the preset so you can try it for yourself (the note used was B3):

BzPER_WhipShap.fxp

Hi everyone. Here are a bunch of presets I built for this month's One Synth Challenge contest.
I would love feedback if you have any.

Organized in banks by type. Individual VST patches are organized in corresponding folders:
AJ- OBXD Basses
AJ- OBXD Drums
AJ- OBXD FX
AJ- OBXD Keys and Plucks
AJ- OBXD Lead and Synths
AJ- OBXD Orchestral
AJ- OBXD Pads

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... resets.zip

Breeze wrote: Note that this effect is done with two Obxds: one does the initial whoosh and the second one does the whip snap. Here's the preset so you can try it for yourself (the note used was B3):

BzPER_WhipShap.fxp
Tested. Its how glide/portamento works at start. :)

jasinski wrote:Hi everyone. Here are a bunch of presets I built for this month's One Synth Challenge contest.
I would love feedback if you have any.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... resets.zip
Cool.
Please, upload them here too :)
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/obxd--- ... /downloads

2DaT wrote:Tested. Its how glide/portamento works at start. :)
Hah! :oops: Apparently missed that! All's well! :tu:

Thanks. Uploading them now, 2DaT.

Breeze wrote:
2DaT wrote:
layzer wrote: Matrix-12 / Obie Xpander perhaps? :hihi:
Waay too expensive now. Lucky for those who bought it before analog boom :)
That would be a tall order! What's really interesting with the 12/Xpander is the variety of filters, advanced modulation options and the live modulation matrix. The core seems pretty much what the Obxd already does.
I'll think of it. :)
Something "inspired by" rather than clone of matrix/xpander. :)

for those wanting obxd with a more vintage look and the lavender color.
32bit only srry i dont do 64bit :shrug:
obxdvg.png
http://www.sendspace.com/file/fh5j5h
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Is it just my eyes or do that odd bg color and black lead to the illusion of a blue shadow with controls and labels?

Yes I see a very very light shadow at the bottom right of the knobs (and it doesn't annoy me at all), you're right.

And concerning the labels (I have done a zoom) you're right also... it seems that Layzer have forgotten to apply the anti-aliasing on the TEXT :
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

2DaT wrote:I'll think of it. :)
I'm all ears. :tu:

layzer wrote:for those wanting obxd with a more vintage look and the lavender color.
32bit only srry i dont do 64bit :shrug:
Can't say I'm a fan of lavender... but it would be cool to select our own color, though I guess that's a fixed graphic. BTW, how did the dll end up being less than half the size of the previous version? I assume this is the same version as the last?

Kinda liked this one myself... ;)

2DaT wrote:
Breeze wrote:
2DaT wrote:
layzer wrote: Matrix-12 / Obie Xpander perhaps? :hihi:
Waay too expensive now. Lucky for those who bought it before analog boom :)
That would be a tall order! What's really interesting with the 12/Xpander is the variety of filters, advanced modulation options and the live modulation matrix. The core seems pretty much what the Obxd already does.
I'll think of it. :)
Please do :)

I will give you all the colaboration I can on that one.

Take a look at this editor http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr (it's a sys-ex editor for the real Xpander/Matrix-12). It gives a good idea of the structure and of the elements needed :)
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”