Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Speaking of which the Volume should be a logarithmic pot, not linear. ;) Finer graded at around 0 to around -40dB values.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: I understand what it means, but "Transpose" versus "Xpose" might be helpful to newbies.
implemented. see rev, links :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: I understand what it means, but "Transpose" versus "Xpose" might be helpful to newbies.
implemented. see rev, links :D
Sweet! Was that already there and I missed it, or did you go back and change it?

check rev link in my reply means i went and updated the image with requested change :D

I can't figure out what VAM stands for? I'll probably feel pretty dumb when I find out, but that's nothing new!

Thanks for all! Sure is turning out to be such an impressive project!

Voice Allocation Mode. it will be in a quick manual

Ah! Thanks Layzer!

:pray: Let's finalize this mother so I can start on the hardware controller.

2DaT wrote:Little update before complete gui.
Unlearn button. Mod rate at lowest position turns vibrato off. 4 pole mode volume compensation ( more usable now - not like hardware , but we arent copying bad things, right?). Changed plugin id, and you may have presets incompatibility messages from hosts. Possible solution : force load from savihost and resave.
Added more character to 24 dbo filter.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip
Here's the most recent version without the GUI for those that are interested.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Functional request:

I'd like to see more range on the master volume knob. I'm noticing about a +6db between 12 o'clock and max, and with some patches, that's not enough. Would like to see at least another +6db added on to the range of the knob.
DuX wrote:Speaking of which the Volume should be a logarithmic pot, not linear. ;) Finer graded at around 0 to around -40dB values.
I commented about this during the GUI Fest here.

I suspect the problem may be common to anything in obxd that needs a logarithmically scaled intensity control. I've also noticed at times that LFO PITCH required some fiddling in the first 1/8th of a turn to have the right subtle effect I was looking for, leading me to believe that a better law could be used there as well.

But I don't know if changing this can be done now without impacting existing presets; maybe if the scaling can be re-distributed over the control range, allowing modifier-key control to still access all possible values. Maybe it's too late in the design phase to take a closer look at this. :shrug:

I was messing around with this last night and was able to get some nice sounds pretty quickly, especially like the lfo and filter. How is it possible to select two waveform shapes for the lfo at once? Are they any patches or banks out there? Also a saturation knob or some type of distortion would be nice unless you are going for an authentic recreation.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:How is it possible to select two waveform shapes for the lfo at once?
I think the selected waveforms are added together. It's pretty clear when you use the LFO to modulate oscillator pitch.

layzer wrote:
Breeze wrote:Crap... Dare I say it? I will because I haven't weighed in on anything GUI in a while: the dots are bigger and darker in this last version than the previous ones, where they were ligher and less obtrusive. Now it looks like the GUI has the measles... the main knobs are a hair smaller too... compare one with the other... IMO it was fine before... :help:
welllllll, the original hw ob-x dots are in fact smaller. sooooo

i present to you.....

timpani roll........

OBXD...... now with smaller, less obtrusive dots! :party:

http://s27.postimg.org/ajayywb9v/OBXD.png

but dont bet your life it will keep them, 2D may like the bolder ones :scared:
Ya know, this would look SO much better if the dots were slightly larger, and if you removed the one from the 12:00 position... [ducks]
:hihi:

bk wrote:Ya know, this would look SO much better if the dots were slightly larger, and if you removed the one from the 12:00 position... [ducks]

bk wrote: [ducks] :hihi:
Where's the smiley for running after someone with a sledgehammer...

;)

Return to “Instruments”