Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

missed latest update for this. what page in this thread is the link on (please)?

mztk wrote:missed latest update for this. what page in this thread is the link on (please)?
Actual version will be on the first page.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Here is a very small bank for OBXd (latest version with the new GUI) that includes 3 patches (2 Synth Brass + 1 PWM Strings):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... nk%201.fxb

This bank will hopefully grow in the near future.

Ingo
How do you pack your individual fxpatches into an fxbank? Is there a tool for doing that? :help:
This one was done with the built-in patch browser in Ableton Live 9 (including "rename patch" etc.) and i also have saved single patches (also as starting points for new ones).

A nice tool to sorting banks is Tobybear MiniHost. I have created some "best of" banks for e.g. Sylenth1 amnd other synths with that in the past.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Yay! great stuff!

*****BUG REPORT*****

1. When the OBxd GUI is open the Reaper GUI just freezes. Everything works but the host GUI is freezed

2. MIDI control of paraters have far to much zipper noise IMHO.

congrats to coder and GUI designer! is a very promising VA plug! :clap: :clap:

Ingonator wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Here is a very small bank for OBXd (latest version with the new GUI) that includes 3 patches (2 Synth Brass + 1 PWM Strings):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... nk%201.fxb

This bank will hopefully grow in the near future.

Ingo
How do you pack your individual fxpatches into an fxbank? Is there a tool for doing that? :help:
This one was done with the built-in patch browser in Ableton Live 9 (including "rename patch" etc.) and i also have saved single patches (also as starting points for new ones).

A nice tool to sorting banks is Tobybear MiniHost. I have created some "best of" banks for e.g. Sylenth1 amnd other synths with that in the past.

Ingo
Ok, I'll look for Tobybear, sounds like a teddy :D
Unfortunately my two DAW's don't allow the creation of fxbanks :P Would be cool if one could turn patches into a bank like zipping documents into a folder :)

lalo wrote:Yay! great stuff!

*****BUG REPORT*****

1. When the OBxd GUI is open the Reaper GUI just freezes. Everything works but the host GUI is freezed

I dont see any bugs in Reaper. Can someone who is using reaper confirm this bug?

Midi controls arent smoothed(only cutoff, mw,pw). Use small buffers (50-150 samples) to get better results.

hi 2Dat, i'm using 64 samples buffer and i can definitely hear to much zipper noise when controlling knobs via MIDI controller. Everything is smoother with host automation.
I tried to arm a couple of parameters in Reaper automation and if the OBxd GUI is open the Reaper windows freezes ( nothing moves exept OBxd knobs being automated but audio side works ).
Nice work anyway!

lalo wrote:Yay! great stuff!

*****BUG REPORT*****

A blind shot in the dark:
Look for "vst-Obxd.ini" somewhere in your appdata/roaming/Reaper/presets and text edit the file to remove all presets made with old Obxd versions (maybe you set some of these old presets to be a default preset which opens at the start of the plugin and instantly crashes it).
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

lalo wrote:*****BUG REPORT*****

Working fine here in Reaper 4 32 bit

I have been following this from the beginning. I just tried the current version and think it came out great! I dialed up a few patches tonight and would be glad to do my part in creating a bank for it.

thanks 2dat , really awesome and easily the best sounding freesynth.
I love the addition of a 24db.
btw what happened to the triangles that were in the old version? only 1 osc has it now and for FM would be cool if both had it.
2 little feature request while I'm here :oops: : vibrato depth control and retrig switch for LFOs

bk wrote:

i confirm the bug on Reaper 64 bit.
Anyone can confirm?

bk wrote:

Working nicely in Reaper 4.4 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit here too (and also in Ableton Live 9 32-bit which is my main host).

So i guess the problem is with the 64-bit version somehow?

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Works fine in Reaper 4.581 64bit in Windows 8.1.
It also works fine in Sonar X3 64bit.

It was a big surprise when I load it! Nice interface and great sounds! Congratulation to the developer. This should be a payware IMO!

Working fine in Reaper 4.58 32 bits windows XP.
Great sound!! And very nice GUI. Congratulations. :clap:

When playing in unison, is there any way to have 'last note priority'?
I see there's low note priority. but i couldn't find 'last note'.

Thanks, 2Dat and layzer :tu:

Return to “Instruments”