Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

2DaT wrote:Also going to release obxd as free in the wide sense (GPL 2), this may be interesting for programmers.
You are a libertarian :)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
2DaT wrote:Also going to release obxd as free in the wide sense (GPL 2), this may be interesting for programmers.
Economic. Commercial license for JUCE framework costs 300$ :) In any case there is no commercial interest, because this money would be paid back almost immediately. :D

2DaT wrote:
fmr wrote:
Economic. Commercial license for JUCE framework costs 300$ :) In any case there is no commercial interest, because this money would be paid back almost immediately. :D
I hope this doesn't mean you are going to give up on future developments :?
Fernando (FMR)

I'm using obxd in the onesynthchallenge and so far so good (not encountered any bugs or crashes).
the cpu usage is a bit high and I had to bounce a couple of tracks already but surely worth it as the sound is stunning and i feel like have a real expensive analog polysynth infront of me.,
everything fits in the mix nicely and so far not even added any effects as just opening the release with the 8 voices panning beats most reverb sounds out there . spacious and lush.

in case 2dat is still considering adding features (maybe with a view on obxd2) here my FR list:

- adjustable KT
- bipolar envelope amount at least for the filter
- a 3 way switch for the pitch envelope : osc1, osc 2 , osc1+osc2 (currently it is just hardlinkined to osc2)
-reset for LFO (so it can be used as extra envelope etc)
-at least 1 filter type with self oscillation (would be cool maybe a curtis filter type like in the obxa)
-a 3rd oscillator or a suboscillator with multiple shapes( for bass I'm sometimes missing a bit not having a 3rd osc....)
- white noise/ pink noise switch
-and minor GUI fix in the modulation section : "pitch" label should be replaced by "depth" imo.

then couldn't wish for more and would be more than happy to pay for it :)

olikana wrote:FR list:

- adjustable KT
- bipolar envelope amount at least for the filter
- a 3 way switch for the pitch envelope : osc1, osc 2 , osc1+osc2 (currently it is just hardlinkined to osc2)
-reset for LFO (so it can be used as extra envelope etc)
-at least 1 filter type with self oscillation (would be cool maybe a curtis filter type like in the obxa)
-a 3rd oscillator or a suboscillator with multiple shapes( for bass I'm sometimes missing a bit not having a 3rd osc....)
- white noise/ pink noise switch
-and minor GUI fix in the modulation section : "pitch" label should be replaced by "depth"
Hmmm.... Sounds familiar, no? ;)

Actually, with a GPL license, maybe someone will eventually add these and more coveted features if 2DaT isn't inclined to do so himself. I kinda get it: most of the features we've been asking for are relatively tedious to implement; he's already done all the cool core stuff.

Breeze wrote: Actually, with a GPL license, maybe someone will eventually add these and more coveted features if 2DaT isn't inclined to do so himself. I kinda get it: most of the features we've been asking for are relatively tedious to implement; he's already done all the cool core stuff.
Only the chosen ones can read and understand the code :D

2DaT wrote:Only the chosen ones can read and understand the code :D
Silly me! :dog: I thought the Obxd was a VSTi. I didn't realize it was going to be a religion... ;)

Breeze wrote:
2DaT wrote:Only the chosen ones can read and understand the code :D
Silly me! :dog: I thought the Obxd was a VSTi. I didn't realize it was going to be a religion... ;)
:lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Hi,

after a long time here is the next update of the patches collection for OBXD which includes a huge amount of new patches and many updates of existing ones (currently 531 patches).

download link for the ZIP file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 0v1.10.zip

Most patches were either too loud or too quiet and i tried to correct the master volume of those patches. In Ableton Live 9 i tried to adjust the volume to around -3 to -4 dB with 3 notes for polyphonic sounds using 3 notes and the same volume for monophonic sounds. Additionally some patches were created with an old version of OBXD and i tried to correct some failure based on that (have not checked every patch).

This update includes patches of FMR (Fernando), Breeze, albertodream, Kujashi (aka Schiffbauer), Joel Bisson (aka syntheticillusion), Ingo Weidner (aka Ingonator), Fluffy Little Something, Layzer, Funkbots Evil Twin.

Besides additional content each sound designer has it's own folder that includes the corrected single patches (sometimes in a sub-folder called "Single Patches" and the original patches or banks in a new sub-folder called "Original"..

There is also a folder called "All single patches" which includes all corrected single patch files (531 at the moment).

Like in the last update one important folder is called "Sorted By Category" which includes several bank files with the corrected patches sorted by caregory and several sub-folders with the single patches for each category.

The "root" folder contains 6 files (all banks include the corrected pathes):
- OBXD Init bank.fxb : Init bank
- OBXD Init patch.fxp : Init/default patch
- Breeze_Meat-n-Potatoes_Obxd-Bank : Bank from Breeze with 128 patches
- OB-Xa Patch Book.fxb : Fernando's bank with 128 OB-Xa patches (sorted alphabetically opposing to the original bank)
- Kujashi-OBXD-Bank : Kujashi's full 128 patches bank
- OBXD - KVR Community Bank - Part 1.fxb : First part of remaining patches sorted into a bank
- OBXD - KVR Community Bank - Part 2.fxb : Second part of the remaining patches sorted into a bank

In the two "Community Bank" files the patches of each sound designer start with a default patch renamed with the name of teh sound designer (starting with "***").

Due to future updates the name of the ZIP file includes a version number (now v1.10).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some statistics:

Overall number of patches : 531

The categories and the number of patches (sorted by amount) are:
Bass : 62
Bells : 16
Brass : 61
Drums + Percussion : 34
Keys : 52
Leads : 77
Pads : 86
Plucked : 22
SFXs : 17
Strings : 30
Synths : 65
Vocalic : 9

Several patches that seem to be a mix of pad, polysynth and lead are located in the "Synths" category. Of cousre sorting into a category is not always a simple task so usually this represents the expected main use of the patches (while with others the categories are more obvious).

---------------------------------------------------------------

Like the last times i added this update to my first post on the first page of this thread (removed the old updates there):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5428868

Have fun,
Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Hi,

after a long time here is the next update of the patches collection for OBXD which includes a huge amount of new patches and many updates of eisting ones (currently 531 patches).

download link for the ZIP file:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 0v1.10.zip
Thanks for your work, Ingo :)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Thanks for your work, Ingo :)
For sure! :tu:

Ingonator wrote:Hi,

after a long time here is the next update of the patches collection for OBXD which includes a huge amount of new patches and many updates of eisting ones (currently 531 patches).
Thank you for your work :tu:

Hi,
many thanks for your comments. :)

One thing i noticed about some of the the patches (mostly those taht were submitted as single patch files):
If i load the single patch files with my main host (Live 9) sometimes the name that shows up there is "Default" or the name of another patch (maybe that one was used as a starting point).
When i used the single patches within Tobybear MiniHost i used "import name from file name" so in my new bank files this is not a big problem.
it could be a problem if someone uses a different host to load the single patches.

As already mentioned this should not be a problem with patches that were part of a bank file.

@albertodream and EnGee:
Your patches seemed to be done with an older version of OBXD. I tried to correct some patches where there are changes due to later versions, especially for Unison patches. I used both versions for comparison and also a tuning tool to check the amount of detuning.
If you like you could check if the patches do sound like they should.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

my friend made a bank with my presets and they show up in my host which is fl studio 11, here is the bank.
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/bb064a08

syntheticillusion wrote:my friend made a bank with my presets and they show up in my host which is fl studio 11, here is the bank.
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/bb064a08
Hi Joel,

your patches do indeed work properly her in Live 9. The problem with a few patches by others (don't remeber which exactly) seemed to be that they were not renamed in the host itself so the name is just in the file name.
With my resorterd bank files this is no problem as the patch manager in MiniHost could import the file names for the patch names in the bank. I had used that feature by default.

I noticed that there are maybe 3 new patches in the bank you just published. Maybe i could include those with a future update. Are athere also changes to old patches since you published them the last time?

UPDATE:
Just checked again. The problem with the name at loading single patches does not seem to happen for the patches that i had re-saved with MiniHost (e.g. by exporting single patches from a bank). I had checked the original single files now and found that the single patch files of Fluffy Little something, EnGee and Funkbots Evil Twin seem to load 2with "Default" as the patch name when loaded directly in the patch browser of Live 9. With other single patches and my re-saved patches there does not seem to be a problem, also not with any of the bank files (old and new ones).
The folder called "All Single PAtches" contains re-saved patches (exported from bank files wher i did the master volume editing) so all those single pathces in that folder should be OK. Same in the single files in the sound designers folder except those in the "Original" folders which are those originally submitted.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”