Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I still retain that no GUI is better for compressors, limiters and simple FX in general since GUI focuses your attention to it too much while you should be listening to what you're doing. And really, if you have just a few parameters to tweak there's no need for a GUI. Give me quality DSP instead of great GUI with garbage DSP code any day. :D

Speaking of which I'm still looking for a quality console Neve 1081 or at least 1073 emulation GUIless EQ... :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I've been creating patches with obxd and as I've never owned an OB I was wondering if the LFO is in fact monophonic (one for all voices), and if it's the same across all the different OB models?

I was going to mention some other features 2Dat and others discussed in this thread that weren't implemented before the GUI was finalized, but the distant sound of 2Dat typing and swearing under his breath stopped me cold... ;)

DuX wrote:I still retain that no GUI is better for compressors, limiters and simple FX in general since GUI focuses your attention to it too much while you should be listening to what you're doing. And really, if you have just a few parameters to tweak there's no need for a GUI. Give me quality DSP instead of great GUI with garbage DSP code any day. :D

the big flaw in your argument is that even GUI-less plugins still have a GUI, the host default one....

some small refinements before the GUI binding! :party:
Last edited by layzer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

As I haven't taken part in giving advise and suggestion from the start of the gui process I feel that I shouldn't do that now either, but to be honest I think you should drop the 3d perspective on the sidebars. Hope you don't mind me interfering Layzer but it should be a really quick fix to alter that.
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

And be carefulle with the light direction!
It comes from the left on the side bars and from the right on the knobs!

Cheers
David

layzer wrote:Image

http://s30.postimg.org/xfa7bvqbl/OBXD.png

some small refinements before the GUI binding! :party:
So it's still going to be called VAM? :( That makes no sense at all to me.

And FLT not going to be CUTOFF? P ENV is still misleading? 24 not going to 4 POLE because it's clearer at what it does (it can fit there!)?

Label naming not in consideration but it looks dead sexy...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Totolitoto wrote:And be carefulle with the light direction!
It comes from the left on the side bars and from the right on the knobs!

Cheers
David
ummm the light comes from above to the left for the knobs too. :smack:

@Layzer: I think he meant the larger "bottom layer" area of the knobs, the light (gradient) looks like it's coming straight from the top on that part of the knob.
Flavours of Lime - Tasty gui design for vst plugins.

EvilDragon wrote:
So it's still going to be called VAM? :( That makes no sense at all to me.

And FLT not going to be CUTOFF? P ENV is still misleading? 24 not going to 4 POLE because it's clearer at what it does (it can fit there!)?
maybe 2D missed your post on the temp forum because he didnt mention it when he replied to my first skin files, should i change any of dragons suggestions 2D? :shrug:

Limeflavour wrote:@Layzer: I think he meant the larger "bottom layer" area of the knobs, the light (gradient) looks like it's coming straight from the top on that part of the knob.
ahhh ok its the inside shadow on that layer.. my bad, will fix. sorry toto! good catch! :tu:

http://s18.postimg.org/qk398vtqx/sexyobxd.png

ok i think knobs are sober now :drunk: hehe....ok ok i'm sober too :lol:

:drunk:
Last edited by layzer on Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Looks great to me :)

The aforementioned weird labels aside, and there really are only two of those, it looks great. Was pitch randomness taken away? It looks like now there are only knobs for filter, glide, and envelope randomness.

Return to “Instruments”