PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

ok, this should be it....
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This consoletant is more than satisfied. :D

It looks perfect on my monitor that is actually sRGB calibrated.

What can I say, I like to watch pictures of errr landscapes in all their glory. :hihi:
Last edited by DuX on Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:What can I say, I like to watch pictures of errr landscapes in all their glory. :hihi:
90-60-90 landscapes? :hyper: :love: :clap:

Since the latest version of the plugin was posted 5 pages ago, here again the link in order to save people time:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/fhw ... y/Obxd.zip

Sounds really good now, including the 24db filter with resonance on, good volume :)

EvilDragon wrote:
DuX wrote:What can I say, I like to watch pictures of errr landscapes in all their glory. :hihi:
I can't think of any better landscapes to watch. :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

EvilDragon wrote:

mmmm 36-24-36 landscapes :hihi:

EvilDragon wrote:Knobs are moving elements, too... So why not allow buttons to have pressed states as well? :)
yep. i find a gui half ass if the knobs move but the buttons don't :shrug:

I think Layzer's GUI is looking excellent overall and am very satisfied with it. In fairness to PAK, on my uncalibrated monitor, I think Layzer's knob shadows are slightly too dark but perfectly usable as it stands.

While PAK's knobs are brighter, they look like they are made out of old, dried out rubber :) so I still prefer Layzer's knobs.

I don't know how the voices are attributed, but in case there is some pattern instead of random (just tried it with the voice count set to 3, which always seem to be the same three voices regarding the panorama), it might make sense to indicate which voice is being played, for instance by including a green LED in the center of each knob that lights up as the corresponding voice sounds :) A reset button for setting all 8 knobs to center would also come in handy.

fluffy_little_something wrote:A reset button for setting all 8 knobs to center would also come in handy.
I would prefer just having Ctrl+click reset the knob settings to a centered default value. Different knobs would have different defaults obviously (filter cutoff default would be wide open, attack at zero, osc mix at 50%, etc.). Would like that, along with Shift+click for fine control.

It would be cool if the knob scaling could be matched to approximate the hardware so patches would translate, but not an absolute must. Same for having knob value readouts.

I have to agree with fluffy there on both points and especially the first one about the indicator which voice is playing.

And regarding button reset, I would actually prefer a double click if possible but ctrl+click is more common I admit.
Last edited by DuX on Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:A reset button for setting all 8 knobs to center would also come in handy.
I would prefer just having Ctrl+click reset the knob settings to a centered default value. Different knobs would have different defaults obviously (filter cutoff default would be wide open, attack at zero, osc mix at 50%, etc.). Would like that, along with Shift+click for fine control.

It would be cool if the knob scaling could be matched to approximate the hardware so patches would translate, but not an absolute must. Same for having knob value readouts.
You already can fine-tune via Control + mouse :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:You already can fine-tune via Control + mouse :)
Turns out both "Alt" and "Control" both work, but sadly "Shift" doesn't. Out of luck, Funkybot. ;)

I'm not even going to comment about the "GUI-wars"... :phones:

True, shift is usually used for fine tuning.

OK, so I'm officially not "crying wolf" whenever I find something weird... ;) Here are a couple of things I need clarification on:

- Automation: I seem to have to repeat the learn several times when I assign MW to anything. Sometimes it just doesn't want to stick. Also, is it possible that Obxd doesn't "unlearn" an assigned controller automatically when it's re-assigned to a new parameter?

- When Unison mode is invoked, are the Legato modes supposed to have any effect? IOW, is it possible to retrigger the envelopes in Unison mode before they finish their execution? Right now they don't.

Return to “Instruments”