Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote:group hug?
Guess you got a point, like Rush we gotta fight these Subdivisions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4

Nice one. Don't give up buddy!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Point of order: Which comes first-the Group Hug or the pictures of fluffy kittens?

Doug B wrote:
Point of order: Which comes first-the Group Hug or the pictures of fluffy kittens?
if fluffy kittens is a euphemism, i was looking at some earlier...
Last edited by vurt on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evidently a very successful opening post :)
keep at it and hammer your point home.

nice sound on the tube, btw. :)
"It dreamed itself along"

Just make it a good alternative and 64-bit and also for Mac, then I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to try it (because "the other one" isn't) :wink:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

ps: and quite a few non fluffy ones too.

rob_lee wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
rob_lee wrote:
2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.
Your an Amateur developer so don't be negative? First thing you did was make negative vibes about another developer...You for real? DUH!
no he didnt, he said the reason he made his vst was because he wasnt happy with the other one

seems reasonable to me
He said "because i dislike sonicprojects" it's clearly in text, simple as mate!
what he actually said was
2DaT wrote: I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst.
followed by the reasons he dislikes it
2DaT wrote: It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural.
pop the reading glasses on next time :wink:

Great filter, I love it, great for bass, cpu usage is a bit insane though and it seems that first OSC frequency knob does nothing.

2DaT wrote:Hi everyone. I am amateur developer of vst plugins , so dont be negative :)
I decided to build new ob-x vst emulation, because i dislike sonicprojects' vst. It lacks high frequencies and filter is unnatural. So i build new synth with good oscillators and filters, but its very hungry compared to other vst.
Featuring:
Zero delay feedback filters.
Realtime waveform generation ( no wavetables).
No aliasing ( except hard sync, but i will improve it).
Every voice have different settings ( cutoff,envelope,portamento).
8 voices processed at the same time, so cpu consumance is constant ( but differs for saw and pulse waveforms).
Ugly and buggy gui, will be improved.
looks interesting, hopefully it will grown into a nice synth. Good luck with your project :tu:

Numanoid wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Its not cool to spam a competitors thread :roll:
Competitor? :D
Yes. If you have trouble understanding English, let me know and i'll run you thru it.

Hm... ok, why not. The OB-X you don't like was not developed with a native language, it's "only" made with Synthedit. Because many don't like Synthedit there is a real chance you get some new customers ;)

Anyway, I would at first make some working GUI prototype with all knobs and stuff you need. The knobs must not have a implemented function (event handler) but the GUI should look like the (near) finished GUI and the knobs and sliders should have visual feedback.
Next "connect" the DSP code (or the code you have this time) with the GUI so people get the idea also if not all is working.

I think this time it's a bit to early that somebody can form an opinion.

edit
Last edited by rob_lee on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”