Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

rapaKVRguy wrote: Check my demo, includes some classic oberheim and prophet 5 patches I copied, quite well imho, from youtube videos, and more.
I could upload the fxb's if there's any interest.
Good Idea, bank would be nice
Murderous duck!

I appreciate that those responsible for offering OBXD for free are quite generous. Thank you! I use Cubase LE4 with an iMac OSX 10.6.8. Can anyone tell me a step by step method in saving or opening patches in OBXD (for dummies)? :hug:
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:I appreciate that those responsible for offering OBXD for free are quite generous. Thank you! I use Cubase LE4 with an iMac OSX 10.6.8. Can anyone tell me a step by step method in saving or opening patches in OBXD (for dummies)? :hug:
Since OBXD does unfortunately not have its own patch manager, you will have to use the patch management buttons of the Cubase window containing the OBXD instance.

fluffy,
Thank you, I'll try that.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

david.beholder wrote:
rapaKVRguy wrote: Check my demo, includes some classic oberheim and prophet 5 patches I copied, quite well imho, from youtube videos, and more.
I could upload the fxb's if there's any interest.
Good Idea, bank would be nice
Coming soon...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Since OBXD does unfortunately not have its own patch manager, you will have to use the patch management buttons of the Cubase window containing the OBXD instance.
Precisely

2DaT: is it possible to expect inner patch manager some day?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: Since OBXD does unfortunately not have its own patch manager, you will have to use the patch management buttons of the Cubase window containing the OBXD instance.
Precisely

I am also hoping for that addition because my DAW sucks in this respect. Compared to filters and what not a simple fxp-based patch manager should be outright primitive to program :)

Can't believe OBXD is for free. Amazing.

Downloaded Mac version and works a treat in Logic Pro 9.

Many thanks.

I think it's one of life's ironies that a synthesizer brand that everyone was afraid to touch commercially,
ends up being emulated so well but also utterly free. There something beautiful about that.

Amazing things come from being dissatisfied with the status quo.

Especially when more than one person is so.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

2DaT must be a very smart guy! amazing work! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

david.beholder wrote:
Precisely

I've already built a version where it is possible to at least load fxb bank files from within Obxd.
But it looks really ugly at the moment and it is only tested on Windows from within energyXT (where it even would not be needed) thus I do not yet want to publish it.
Also I want to contact 2DaT first how to proceed. I already did a small fix for energyXT and told 2DaT so on GitHub but so far didn't get a reply.

ZonderP wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
Precisely

I've already built a version where it is possible to at least load fxb bank files from within Obxd.
But it looks really ugly at the moment and it is only tested on Windows from within energyXT (where it even would not be needed) thus I do not yet want to publish it.
Also I want to contact 2DaT first how to proceed. I already did a small fix for energyXT and told 2DaT so on GitHub but so far didn't get a reply.
That kind of contribution is always warmly appreciated, you can be sure!
:tu: :hug:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

ZonderP wrote: I've already built a version where it is possible to at least load fxb bank files from within Obxd.
I am a bit busy with full time studying :) Maybe i will debug it in a proper way at some time (still not sure what causes that bug).

2DaT wrote:I am a bit busy with full time studying :) Maybe i will debug it in a proper way at some time (still not sure what causes that bug).
Good luck with your studies! See you in June? :hihi:

Is there a way to create a default Bank of sounds for when I open the synth up ? I know it's not a big deal opening up the folder where I store the banks of sounds, but a set already loaded would be nice :wink:

Return to “Instruments”