Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I thinks featurewise its complete now.I remembered all whishes and may include them in obxd 2.0 :D
Now its time to fix bugs and compatibility. :borg:
Its time to compile default preset bank too .Thanks to Ingowe have all present in one place. :) Highly pppreciated.
Known issues:
1) CPU overload in some DAWs - need some testing with latest version.
2)Gui stuck in reaper - need confirming.
3)Phasing problem at start - confirmed
4) ?
@idfpower :
Is it happens with other hungry synths e.g. Diva ?
Last edited by 2DaT on Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Usually I try to emulate real brass, but this synth brass pad happened to turn out squeaky and funky, especially with mod and pitch wheel on two-note chords, like Maze in the early 80's :D

https://app.box.com/s/8il0o54lyh9c15289ol6

Audio with a little TAL LX chorus on it...
https://app.box.com/s/b9ee406694ykl09yosr6

Sorry for there being a patch number 6 after all 8)
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2DaT wrote:3)Phasing problem at start - confirmed
Does the phasing problem occur only when OBXD is first added to a DAW or can it also occur when changing patches?

Glad to hear there will be a version 2.0 :wheee:

Frantz wrote:
2DaT wrote:3)Phasing problem at start - confirmed
Does the phasing problem occur only when OBXD is first added to a DAW or can it also occur when changing patches?
First added only.This bug with preset changing is realy odd.Can you explain in more details?

2DaT wrote: Its time to compile default preset bank too .Thanks to Ingowe have all present in one place. :) Highly pppreciated.
Hi 2DaT,

thanks for the comment. Nice to hear we are close to finish OBXD. The new filter mode with the variable slope is great IMO.

Have collected all new patches published since yesterday.
Currently based on the category sorted bank files i am trying to correct the volumes where necessary as many patches are very loud or a bit quiet. Exporting the single patches then is quite simple and very fast and re-sorting the banks is no big problem too.
Will also try to correct patches that have been created with an earlier version where necessary. For the patches of Breeze and myself this should be already finished.
Based on my own corrections i have a clue about which parameters have to be checked (Spread + Osc 2 detune).

Selecting a collection of patches for the factory bank is a another thing but that should not be my task (i maybe could try to help with that...).

About GUI problems in Reaper:
Could still not confirm a problem in Reaper 4.4 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit. Maybe a 64-bit issue?

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Since were getting close to the finish line and 100 pages, i want to thank 2dat for the nice instrument (especially taking the time to bring xp support early on), also to all the people who helped along the way giving 2dat bits of info (& gui graphics).

Thanks to all the people who put up presets, and Ingo for compiling a set.

This is a nice vst, and it was nice watching it grow in this thread, too bad all of KVR isnt like this :)

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

I'm now up to 15 patches. Not sure when I'll have time to do more. ingo, please just replace any prior versions with these patches since this contains a corrected typo on one preset from yesterday, plus some minor volume tweaks (though not exact) and 8 new patches.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/16uaex0xrcuz9 ... 202014.zip

Good Evening 2Dat and 2 all the Good People here,
This is truely a great synth you've created, it's become my go to synth. I Love Love Love Love the Oberheim sound and your synth seems to have reached
into the sky and grabed it, snatched it right out of thin air. Those of you out there making patches keep up the good work, we love you. Another thing, I would
like to make a request and see if someone would be kind enough to make a patch that sounds like a lead synth sound on a track done by The Original Seven formerly The Time. It's on this Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APsNgDUTYE8 between 3:11 to 3:25 and 4:00 to 4:30 if anyone is interested. Again Thanx 2DaT and to all who contribute. Peace & B-Wild

2DaT wrote: First added only.This bug with preset changing is realy odd.Can you explain in more details?
This seems to be an issue only with Studio One (version 2.6.0.24200 Win x64). When changing OBXD patches in Studio One while a song is playing, sometimes the timing goes completely off for a few bars. This is not reproducible in Reaper.

I could send you a Studio One project to reproduce this or we could ignore it since it is not that serious and specific to Studio One. Thanks.

I wonder how many times you can repeat ' i am making/collecting/sorting/uploading presets......wait until its fnished and you only have to do it once
Going thru the thread trying to find info about the synth is a pain as nearly every other post is a repeated spam text about the presets.... :roll:

Kriminal wrote:I wonder how many times you can repeat ' i am making/collecting/sorting/uploading presets......wait until its fnished and you only have to do it once
Going thru the thread trying to find info about the synth is a pain as nearly every other post is a repeated spam text about the presets.... :roll:
So, what did you contribute?

If all you can do is trolling, why don't you just shut the [expletive deleted] up?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:why don't you just shut the [expletive deleted] up?
+1
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

deleted, nevermind
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
2DaT wrote: Its time to compile default preset bank too .Thanks to Ingowe have all present in one place. :) Highly pppreciated.
Hi 2DaT,

thanks for the comment. Nice to hear we are close to finish OBXD. The new filter mode with the variable slope is great IMO.

Have collected all new patches published since yesterday.
Currently based on the category sorted bank files i am trying to correct the volumes where necessary as many patches are very loud or a bit quiet. Exporting the single patches then is quite simple and very fast and re-sorting the banks is no big problem too.
Will also try to correct patches that have been created with an earlier version where necessary. For the patches of Breeze and myself this should be already finished.
Based on my own corrections i have a clue about which parameters have to be checked (Spread + Osc 2 detune).

Selecting a collection of patches for the factory bank is a another thing but that should not be my task (i maybe could try to help with that...).
Ingo
Please wai a couple of days. I was waiting for the end bell to revise my bank and add some more patches I did in the meanwhile (but I will probably keep those for a new "signature" bank). But I reaally would like to revise my patches with the finished version.
2Dat, is it the one currently linked in your first post?
Also, Ingo, can you send me a patch for reference regarding volume/gain? Or point me some plug-in which i could use for reference?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Also, Ingo, can you send me a patch for reference regarding volume/gain? Or point me some plug-in which i could use for reference?
Hi Fernando,

hi had checked a few Metering plugins but each of them seems deliver different results (and i'm mostly intersted in the Peak which some of them do not display) so currently i am using the display in the corresponding track in Live 9 (volume fader set to 0dB). There is a Peak display in Live 9 (changes to yellow when abobe 0 dB) which is the most important feature for me.

For a polyphonic patch i am using around -3 to -4 dB for a 3 notes chord but most important is that it does not clip.

This patch is set to around -3.1 dB (Peak value, 3 notes chord) in Live 9:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... %20Pad.fxp

I am setting the volume under "real" conditions which means actually playing on the keyboard, not by playing pre-recorded notes. If possible alo try to play in different octaves. at the end it's the peak level that counts for me.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Return to “Instruments”