Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Andywanders wrote:. Opinions are neither right nor wrong - they're just opinions.
My opinions are always right.......to me. Otherwise I wouldn't have them........ :shrug: I'm sure you or anyone else has the same conviction about their opinions.......why formulate an opinion you thought was wrong ?

Anyway I stand by my opinion that the latest GUI mockup is perfect......for me....so let's see it implemented and move on....... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

All the "hugs and kisses" were beginning to weary me. Must have been the Xmas spirit has finally worn off, eh?

:)
바보

Hmmm can't be.....I never had the Xmas spirit.......... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Anyway I stand by my opinion that the latest GUI mockup is perfect......for me....so let's see it implemented and move on....... :tu:
thanks Tek, and move on we will!!! 2DAT is already scrolling down the full list of coordinates:

CONTROL_NAME___________COORD-SIZE
________________________X__Y___X__Y
FILTER_ENVELOPE_A______791_40_48_48
FILTER_ENVELOPE_D______853_40_48_48
FILTER_ENVELOPE_S______916_40_48_48
FILTER_ENVELOPE_R______980_40_48_48

AMP_ENVELOPE_A_________791_130_48_48
AMP_ENVELOPE_D_________853_130_48_48
AMP_ENVELOPE_S_________916_130_48_48
AMP_ENVELOPE_R_________980_130_48_48
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:
PAK wrote:
layzer wrote:the problem is you, dude.
If you think the brightness level of your buttons and knobs is fine on your monitor
layzer wrote: my gui is perfect
Great. I'm glad you think so
ummm multiple peoples monitors. and its perfect because the consultants think so. repeat it with me, i'll say it slowly....the consultants think so.
They're not actually consultants are they, just fans in the thread....what qualifications do they have? You taking yourself too seriously....

Your gui is the worst of all the options ive seen so far. Its nots bad, but its far from perfect, and def not the best. luckily this is a free product, otherwise the dev could have problems....

says someone who calls himself "Kriminal" wheres that mute option....

layzer wrote:says someone who calls himself "Kriminal" wheres that mute option....

Excellent comeback.... mute anyone who doesnt agree with you :lol:

Put ya toys back in the pram and grow up. If you cant take criticism, dont post work in public :roll:

Guys, guys!
Image :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

In fact, take two pills.

This childish bickering is obscuring the purpose of the thread and belittling the amazing advances in synth and GUI design in this great pro bono project.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Though he is doing the UI, it's not Layzer's synth, it's 2Dat's, so my advice would be: don't let that comment put you off.

It seems like the comment came out of frustration after PAK started posting mock ups and criticizing Layzer's UI compared to his own. In my opinion, that was in poor taste and poorly timed considering how much work Layzer had already put in up to that point. Had PAK volunteered to develop the UI before Layzer started, or even offered to help Layzer after he did, I think the reaction would have been better. Another option would have been to say, "ok, Layzer's got this, let me just watch how this progresses and offer advice."

At this point it's like the chef from the neighboring restaurant is walking in to your table at a competing restaurant telling you how much better he can cook the same meal. The chef at the place you're dining might not like that.
As one of the consultants (and one of those that criticized it in the first place), I have to say a few words in defense of Layzer:
1. There were some offers to creaste GUIs during the time this synth started to make sounds publicly (and was some months ago).
2. In spite of that, only Layzer came up with a finished product in due time. There was another one that appeared, but just as a small picture in the post, and the author withdraw, when 2DAT made it clear he could not support more than one GUI.
3. PAK made some remarks to the GUI that, although they could be fair and justified, appeared too late (way too late). To follow those remarks, it would imply to redo all the GUI, and that would not be fair to Layser, after all the work done..
4. Like Evil Dragon, I also think the GUI is not perfect, but I rarely think that of any GUI (and the vast majority are in commercial products). But it is good enough to get the job done, and I'm sure both Layzer and 2DAT will keep imporving the product for some time, so, we may keep give suggestions to improve it.
5. In my homeland there is a popular statement that goes somehow like this: "After the bride is married, thare are a lot of grooms to be" (I don't know the exact word for the last word - ho do you call a guy who wants to marry a girl?)
Fernando (FMR)

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:It seems like the comment came out of frustration after PAK started posting mock ups and criticizing Layzer's UI compared to his own. In my opinion, that was in poor taste and poorly timed
Yep. His responses are somewhat understandable. He's emotionally invested in something and that's when you tend to take things personally. Apparently things were further along than I thought (I didn't keep up on the temp forum, so that's my fault there).

People simply have different tastes and requirements. No need for a drama.. I would honestly rather have given the elements off to someone else, since I was only having fun messing about with stuff for a night. I'm "not keen" on the present logo, but that's a matter of taste. The present controls contrast honestly doesn't do well at low brightness levels, which is my one "real" issue, as it might hinder my own usage.

It's fine. The world will survive. OBXD will survive. However I won't survive this thread, since I'd rather sit things out. I just wanted to say I actually agree with your post overall. :)
At this point it's like the chef from the neighboring restaurant is walking in to your table at a competing restaurant telling you how much better he can cook the same meal.
I wouldn't rank the (my) effort as more than "ok", but the analogy is more like someone offering a list of ingredients to anyone who wanted to help cook a better meal, rather than saying they wanted to make the whole meal themselves.

Considering how quickly I cobbled things together it would also be more like a chef from a fast food restaurant, and I don't think many of those are emotionally invested in their cooking.. :) Problem is people often misunderstand motives, especially when someone isn't actually motivated by their own personal glory, but simply their preferences and practical needs..

Anyway. Time to move on. The good news is the plugin's nearly done, so now maybe people can try to make sounds without updates breaking them.. :)

View My Video
controls preview :D

note: the preview shows the legato as cycling selection, but according to 2D it will be a drop list that actually chooses the value.

layzer wrote:View My Video
controls preview :D
:tu: looking goood. :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Kriminal wrote:Your gui is the worst of all the options ive seen so far..
What options ? Link ? You've got Knobman/Skinman....try and do better...... :shrug:

Kriminal wrote:Your gui is the worst of all the options ive seen so far. Its nots bad, but its far from perfect, and def not the best. luckily this is a free product, otherwise the dev could have problems....
The GUI looks functional, the most important thing with a plugin is in the end nevertheless how it sounds right?

If the dev is smart he opens for easy reskinability, and given a bit of time and interest the plug could then end up having as many skins to choose from as Oatmeal.

Return to “Instruments”