Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

MachFront wrote:Now that I've downloaded the version available from the KVR database (dumping the old one from my plug-in folder), Reaper isn't finding OBXD.
When I first ran Reaper after putting in the new folder downloaded from the OBDX wordpress site, I got a warning that the obdx.dll was not a proper windows image or some such...
I took it out, downloaded again, placed it yet again in my plug-in folder, had Reaper clear it's cache and rescan.. still doesn't see it.
Everything was fine with earlier versions.
(on 32 bit Reaper and XP sp3)
That's exactly the same problem I had, too... :help:

Hm. I removed the x64 folder thinking I'd not need it. I kept everything else.
(I simply added the folder as it was then, as I like to keep presets tidy when there are many of them as is the case here. Therefore, when there's more to a plug than a single dll, I'll put its whole folder in my plug-in directory.)
I wonder if I delete the x64 dupe dll if it'll work?...
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

MachFront wrote:Hm. I removed the x64 folder thinking I'd not need it. I kept everything else.
That's what I did, too, but then there are still 2 DLL's with the same name - one in the main folder and one in the sub folder, and there isn't any indication which one could be 64 bit and which one could be 32 bit (one DLL has 1.76 MB and the other one 1.45 MB)... :?
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ok. I got Reaper to see it.
I deleted the x64 folder, the x64 dupe dll, removed the other dll from it's sub-folder into the main folder...now Reaper scanned and shows it.

MachFront wrote:Ok. I got Reaper to see it.
I deleted the x64 folder, the x64 dupe dll, removed the other dll from it's sub-folder into the main folder...now Reaper scanned and shows it.
:tu:

Tried it and it works. The only problem that I have now is that's

...already 3:40 a.m. in the morning... :o

Tricky-Loops wrote:
MachFront wrote:Ok. I got Reaper to see it.
:tu:

Tried it and it works. The only problem that I have now is that's

...already 3:40 a.m. in the morning... :o
Awesome. :)
Very weird 'issue' (such as it is), but meh.

Get some sleep! lol

The same here at Paris, France. 4:00 AM. Time to sleep...

Now it's time to say goodnight...
Goodnight, sleep tight...

One of the best from Ringo Star

:singer: rrr... fff... rrr...fff...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

hibrasil wrote:Thanks for this and for thanks especially for making it Open Source!

If you're interested I (very quickly) compiled in on OSX for AU and VST2

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/downloads/ob ... x-v0.1.zip

I had to do a few tweaks to get it to compile

https://github.com/olilarkin/Obxd

that OSX version should be considered mega-alpha!

oli larkin
Thanks! :)
Dont have much free time to get all things done now.

Regarding brightness - perhaps some initialization code is not called in AU. Check latest commit.

Just came across this synth on the newsfeed and spent the last half hour with it, just wanted to say it's absolutely superb and sounds fantastic!

BlackWinny wrote:Hmmm... I think that the KVR Community patches shouldn't be included directly in the zip file of the application. Because it will leave the people perplexed when they have to compare and to decide what to keep and what to reject between both. See what I see yet with the first time I want to include the KVR Community bank to the folders (here simply the zip files):
(both downloaded one hour ago)

For many people it will be a mess... don't you think so? Because they will have to check out ALL the files !

My opinion is that the KVR Community patches shouldn't be included directly in the zip file of the application but provided in addition by a second link (explicitly of course). Thus the updates of the patches will never leave people perplexed... but also it will be not necessary to keep them in the zip file of each release of the application.

And worse: that actual situation could lead to a destruction of some home-retouched patches by overwriting them when updating the application !
Hi,

for those who don't need the single patch files and the originally submitted files here is a ZIP file that only contains the re-sorted and corrected bank files (+ the init patch files):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20only.zip

Also added a copy here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/obxd--- ... /downloads

As already mentioned i got no Mac so could not check the patches there.

UPDATE:
Here is the same but only with the single patch files (omnly the corrected/re-sorted versions):
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532 ... 20only.zip

This could be helpful for doing the AUpresets as the banks are not needed there.

Have also added a copy here (could be updated or deleted there if necessary):

PS:
Fernando (aka FMR) aksed to sort his bank like in his originally submitted one which is the same order as in the original patch book. The current updated bank file contains the patches sorted alphabetically. Re-sorting will take a little time but i'll try to to it ASAP.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Have a dded the current version of my own OBXD patches here (includes bank, single patches and converted AU Presets):

To avoid confusions with future updates this contains a version number (currently v1.11).

If other sound designers plan to add their banks to the KVR database the same way (outside the collection) it's best to do that themselves.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hello,

I just downloaded this.

In the zip file, there's an obxd.dll file not in a folder), that's not recognized by reaper. There's also a folder (called obxd) with another obxd.dll file (different size). This one seems to work with reaper. Is the obxd file that's not in the folder, a mistake?

manducator wrote:Hello,

I just downloaded this.

In the zip file, there's an obxd.dll file not in a folder), that's not recognized by reaper. There's also a folder (called obxd) with another obxd.dll file (different size). This one seems to work with reaper. Is the obxd file that's not in the folder, a mistake?
As discussed earlier the file not in the folder should be the same as the 64-bit version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:As discussed earlier the file not in the folder should be the same as the 64-bit version.
Oh, I did miss that, sorry. Thanks, Ingo!!

@2DaT: maybe the 64-bit version should be called "Obxd64.dll" to differentiate from the original. And I think we're about due for version numbers. Also, something was changed very recently with regards to the "Bright" control according to the repository. Could that be affecting the OS X build?

@Anyone-who-will-compile-this-in-the-future-for-public-release: it might be a good idea to keep track of forks by customizing the ID in some way (Obxe, Obxf, Obxg... ;) ) and start including version numbers before we start drowning in a vast soupy sea of obxd dlls...

Return to “Instruments”