Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but can anybody tell me how to browse the presets once I've opened a bank, in FL Studio? I can load different banks, but have no idea how to go through the presets in each bank, so can only play the first one. Thanks.

Any bitwig users notice that tweaking a parameter doesn't make it show up on the top parameter slot like it does with other VSTs? Bitwig problem or OBXD problem? Again, haven't seen it with other synths.

basslinemaster wrote:I hope this isn't a stupid question, but can anybody tell me how to browse the presets once I've opened a bank, in FL Studio? I can load different banks, but have no idea how to go through the presets in each bank, so can only play the first one. Thanks.
Few days ago I wrote this tutorial for another forum: It's in french, but you'll easily understand the method with all the screenshots I made to explain (and Google Translation is very useful to translate some parts where I made quite long texts).

If really enough people (you're the second within the past week) ask for a translation of this document in english, no problem... I'll do.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

<Snip>
Posted in the wrong place.

OBXd gets a half page review in latest Beat Magazine (May 2014). Not bad for a freeware product :)

Unfortunately their conclusion is that it doesn't quite manage to emulate the sound of the original (zwar erreicht er nicht die klangtiefe des originals), and only give it 4 out of 6.

Numanoid wrote:OBXd gets a half page review in latest Beat Magazine (May 2014). Not bad for a freeware product :)

Unfortunately their conclusion is that it doesn't quite manage to emulate the sound of the original (zwar erreicht er nicht die klangtiefe des originals), and only give it 4 out of 6.
Do they mention that the author didn't have access to the original? IMO it's remarkable for that fact alone and despite this is still capable of a remarkable variety of great textures.

I'm still hoping someone with some programming chops will add the missing bits that would significantly enhance its capabilities as discussed ad nauseum in this thread. :shrug:

Breeze wrote:Do they mention that the author didn't have access to the original?
Unfortunately my german is too bad, I can't tell :oops:

But to get half a page in a trade journal is the main thing here IMO. It probably would cost €1000+ to get an ad that size in colour

Numanoid wrote:[But to get half a page in a trade journal is the main thing here IMO. It probably would cost €1000+ to get an ad that size in colour
Very true, and IMO well deserved. :D

I would not worry too much, the reviewer probably did not have an Oberheim sitting next to his computer, either. Either they have never heard one anyway, or they did some time ago and did the comparison based on memories.

Numanoid wrote:OBXd gets a half page review in latest Beat Magazine (May 2014). Not bad for a freeware product :)

Considering that Ob-XD isn't emulating any model in particular, and that there is no Obie that fits all the particularities of this digital version, that's not bad that it was even found to deserve comparing :hihi:

I just would like to know which original the author had in mind when he stated that.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Considering that Ob-XD isn't emulating any model in particular, and that there is no Obie that fits all the particularities of this digital version, that's not bad that it was even found to deserve comparing :hihi:
By calling a synth vst OB-X(d) it logically follows that users will link it with Oberheim, no? The OP when starting out seemed like the main target was to make something sounding better than Sonic Projects OP-X

It could be that the mag is refering to "the original" as OP-X, I can't really say.

Whatever the OBXD is or isn't emulating, I had a great time using it for the OSC and I'm still playing with it. :)
Fabulous softsynth, will use it regularly from now on. Again, thnx 2Dat.

Hi. On Renoise 3, Obxd Window is cut off on the right side. Renoise bug or Obxd bug?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've used OBXD with all my hosts on both Mac and PC and I haven't seen any such thing. My bet is on a Renoise bug.

Can anyone reproduce this behavior on Renoise 3? I use x64 version - both plugin an DAW.

Return to “Instruments”