Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Mutant wrote: And leave him alone, he finished the skins, he is a free man now. :)
:?:
Didn't receive a link or zip.

Neither did I :sad:
Fernando (FMR)

Would anyone be interested in a dedicated MIDI controller? Not too far off from finishing the prototype.

David

Pics?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

Ill post pics as soon as I get the panel from the printer. Should be sometime next week.

David

great! are you planing a kit or a complete controller??

At this point a complete controller, but I may explore a kit option. I plan on making it open source also. I'm trying to make it as affordable as possible without cutting corners or forgoing quality. So far it looks like I'll be able to do that. Now for the name brand. I had my kids help me, and you know how silly kids can be. They came up with "First Audio Research & Technology," which of course gives the acronym of F.A.R.T.. Ah kids! I'm serious though. That is what they actually came up with, so it's what we went with. Hopefully it won't be too offensive to anyone. I apologize in advance if it is.

David

Is it possible to get the latest PC 64 bit version with the classic skin? (light blue)

I downloaded V1,2 here: https://obxd.wordpress.com/

I moved the "main" PNG from the Classic skin folder per the Read me file but the skin does not fit over version 1.2. The grey and Dark blue skins are different (longer, horizontally). Was the classic skin not updated for V1.2? All these different versions and different skins available left and right is making my head spin. I am just looking for the latest version that has the light blue skin. Color pictured here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obxd-- ... -datsounds
Play it by ear

Go here : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5#p6445375

It's in one of those zips 8)
pheeleep wrote:Is it possible to get the latest PC 64 bit version with the classic skin? (light blue)

I downloaded V1,2 here: https://obxd.wordpress.com/

I moved the "main" PNG from the Classic skin folder per the Read me file but the skin does not fit over version 1.2. The grey and Dark blue skins are different (longer, horizontally). Was the classic skin not updated for V1.2? All these different versions and different skins available left and right is making my head spin. I am just looking for the latest version that has the light blue skin. Color pictured here:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/obxd-- ... -datsounds

bayouland wrote:At this point a complete controller, but I may explore a kit option. I plan on making it open source also. I'm trying to make it as affordable as possible without cutting corners or forgoing quality. So far it looks like I'll be able to do that. Now for the name brand. I had my kids help me, and you know how silly kids can be. They came up with "First Audio Research & Technology," which of course gives the acronym of F.A.R.T.. Ah kids! I'm serious though. That is what they actually came up with, so it's what we went with. Hopefully it won't be too offensive to anyone. I apologize in advance if it is.

David
:tu:

Kids teach us everything that's wrong with us as adults!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

:) :tu:

bayouland wrote:At this point a complete controller, but I may explore a kit option. I plan on making it open source also. I'm trying to make it as affordable as possible without cutting corners or forgoing quality. So far it looks like I'll be able to do that. Now for the name brand. I had my kids help me, and you know how silly kids can be. They came up with "First Audio Research & Technology," which of course gives the acronym of F.A.R.T.. Ah kids! I'm serious though. That is what they actually came up with, so it's what we went with. Hopefully it won't be too offensive to anyone. I apologize in advance if it is.

David
I'm very curious to find out what you'd charge for something like that and get some details about the build. I was contemplating building a custom MIDI controller keyboard with a lot of knobs that follows a sort of generic 3-osc VA layout, but I honestly don't think I have the required skills and wouldn't have the patience to get the job done.

This will not have a keyboard, but will be a knob-for-knob, switch-for-switch hardware replica of the software GUI. I don't have the price finalized as of yet, but I'm shooting for $125 or below. At least that's the goal. So far it looks like I'm going to reach that goal!

Thats awesome news!!!! :clap: :clap:

bayouland wrote:This will not have a keyboard, but will be a knob-for-knob, switch-for-switch hardware replica of the software GUI. I don't have the price finalized as of yet, but I'm shooting for $125 or below. At least that's the goal. So far it looks like I'm going to reach that goal!
That's crazy low. Would love to hear more info and see what this looks like.

Return to “Instruments”