Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Radio : Air. Play.

Use Radio as a plugin within your DAW when you are feeling creative. Radio records the last 30 seconds of any streamed material. Once you hear something you like, select it, save it and drag it into your DAW. Finding new samples to inspire your music has never been done like this before!

The onboard FX section lends Radio the authentic air of real consumer equipment, with 24 processors to make your feed sound like it's coming through a genuine tube radio speaker, car stereo, phone or another device.

Radio stations focus on diversity, which will keep you coming back for new inspirational material.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
User avatar
Yeager
KVRian
 
1114 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Postby Yeager; Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:13 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

The tune knob should be at 12 o'clock to be on A=440Hz if you set it to zero you'll be a halve a note off,
is this what you are asking ? or is it something else and if so what ?
The transpose and tune knob do transpose and tune the notes on my system, so there is something wrong with your setup, or again i'm not quite sure what you are asking. :hug:

troggg wrote:Original OB8 (well the whole "Oberheim System" with the sequencer and drum machine) owner here! Used the hell out of it for a decade then idiotically sold it.

But wouldn't you know it, the time has come again to produce a space dance tune. I could not find inspirational sounds in the usual places. Not putting down Omnishpere or UVI Vintage Vault which includes the Emulator II sounds that kinda gets me going ... but didn't quite feel like pulling the trigger on programs costing anywhere from $400 to $700 which is about the same in Euros.

Somewhere or other I found out about OBXD, after having resisted OPX Pro some time ago.

Well, after standing on my head trying to get it installed properly in Studio One, finally got it going and ... well you know the rest, as in it's way more than just useable for the intergalactic sounds to flesh out my space dance arrangement. It's downright inspiring.

Only thing is some of that inspiration seems to be coming from a lucky accident; what I'm getting at is that every sound I used -- bass, conga, piano -- was transposed up a whole step ... which should have sounded awful ... but kind of made the whole song. That's good, and I'll always take a lucky break, but I'd still like to know any possible explanations since neither the Tune nor the Transpose "knobs" change the note, they just change the character of the note.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!
Mutant
KVRAF
 
3294 posts since 9 Oct, 2004, from Poland

Postby Mutant; Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:05 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Yeager wrote:The tune knob should be at 12 o'clock to be on A=440Hz if you set it to zero you'll be a halve a note off,
is this what you are asking ? or is it something else and if so what ?
The transpose and tune knob do transpose and tune the notes on my system, so there is something wrong with your setup, or again i'm not quite sure what you are asking. :hug:

troggg wrote:Original OB8 (well the whole "Oberheim System" with the sequencer and drum machine) owner here! Used the hell out of it for a decade then idiotically sold it.

But wouldn't you know it, the time has come again to produce a space dance tune. I could not find inspirational sounds in the usual places. Not putting down Omnishpere or UVI Vintage Vault which includes the Emulator II sounds that kinda gets me going ... but didn't quite feel like pulling the trigger on programs costing anywhere from $400 to $700 which is about the same in Euros.

Somewhere or other I found out about OBXD, after having resisted OPX Pro some time ago.

Well, after standing on my head trying to get it installed properly in Studio One, finally got it going and ... well you know the rest, as in it's way more than just useable for the intergalactic sounds to flesh out my space dance arrangement. It's downright inspiring.

Only thing is some of that inspiration seems to be coming from a lucky accident; what I'm getting at is that every sound I used -- bass, conga, piano -- was transposed up a whole step ... which should have sounded awful ... but kind of made the whole song. That's good, and I'll always take a lucky break, but I'd still like to know any possible explanations since neither the Tune nor the Transpose "knobs" change the note, they just change the character of the note.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!

If you are in 48khz, check if the same thing will happen in 44.1Khz.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
 
2535 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:53 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Admirallo wrote:Is there a good patch for "One of my turns" for OBXD? I've heard one in OP-X demo and it's quite good, wonder if there's anything similar for OBXD. Thanks!

Original was done on a Prophet-5 but should also be doable on the OBXD.

http://pinkfloydsynths.blogspot.de/2015 ... turns.html

Key to the sound: Use OSC-sync, play the right chords. :wink:

https://youtu.be/UWAKdz4iYRc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chris-S on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Admirallo
Banned

Postby Admirallo; Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:54 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

I know it was done on Prophet, but OP-X is not a Prophet emulation, yet the patch sounds spot-on. So I'd say original gear is irrelevant. Question was if there's a similar patch for OBXD. The answer seems to be "no". That's all I wanted to know.

If I could program it myself, I wouldn't be asking.
Last edited by Admirallo on Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3268 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:15 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Admirallo wrote:I know it was done of Prophet, but OP-X is not a Prophet emulation, yet the patch sounds spot-on. So I'd say original gear is irrelevant. Question was if there's a similar patch for OBXD. The answer seems to be "no". That's all I wanted to know.

If I could program it myself, I wouldn't be asking.

Peace on Earth
Image
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
Admirallo
Banned

Postby Admirallo; Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:25 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Oh, don't worry, I am peaceful, but maybe it's better not to say anything if you don't have an answer to a question.
Admirallo
Banned

Postby Admirallo; Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:28 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Chris-S oh that's actually well done! in fact, the second patch sounds closer to the studio recording than op-x patch, even dry. it goes something like this, no fx applied

http://www1.zippyshare.com/d/nEFkcbSC/4 ... 0turns.wav
phace
KVRist
 
174 posts since 21 Mar, 2015

Postby phace; Sat May 06, 2017 9:07 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Hi, I wanted to share my patches as a bank but it seems that I mistakenly saved each patch as an fxb preset for reaper only

so if you use reaper and want my patches, just find the file:

C:\Users\[NAME]\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\presets\vst-Obxd64.ini

and add the code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g5acytzk7zwt ... s.txt?dl=0
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1990 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Postby HunterKiller; Sun May 07, 2017 5:35 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Could someone with Reaper please make phace's bank a proper fxb bank?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden
mcbpete
KVRian
 
990 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Sun May 07, 2017 6:25 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

Is the 2DaT source code cursed - So far it's knocked out Soshi Studio and [possibly] DiscoDSP .... Who next dares to take reigns of the sacred obxd source :D
User avatar
BlackWinny
KVRAF
 
3268 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Sun May 07, 2017 6:59 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

mcbpete wrote:Is the 2DaT source code cursed - So far it's knocked out Soshi Studio and [possibly] DiscoDSP .... Who next dares to take reigns of the sacred obxd source :D

I think that the best way to have the exact answer is to ask him directly. It can be done via his own blog:
https://obxd.wordpress.com/
(text box at the bottom of the page to write a new comment or to ask him a question)

I hope there is no dramatic health issue to George...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
User avatar
Chris-S
KVRAF
 
2535 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Sun May 07, 2017 7:01 am Re: Obxd synthesizer

HunterKiller wrote:Could someone with Reaper please make phace's bank a proper fxb bank?

I have converted them to FXP.
See attached file.

Let me know if it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Yeager
KVRian
 
1114 posts since 28 Jun, 2005

Postby Yeager; Sun May 07, 2017 4:15 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

Chris-S wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:Could someone with Reaper please make phace's bank a proper fxb bank?

I have converted them to FXP.
See attached file.

Let me know if it works.


Made Chris-S fxp into 024 - phace.fxb with minihost

024 - phace.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1990 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Postby HunterKiller; Sun May 07, 2017 8:40 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

Thanks Chris and Yeager :tu:
Appreciated guys.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden
egbert101
KVRAF
 
2046 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 pm Re: Obxd synthesizer

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<delete>
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments