VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Can't find it in REAPER.

What is the plugin ID name ?

Filtering for "OB" and finding nothing.

Ill look for the old plugin ID discovery thingie i downloaded long time ago, but if someone knows, please tell me.

[edit]

Ok found the software, it was Tobybears VST-Spy and it told me that the name is:
"VST.NET synth (DaT (c) 2013)" :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

OK the first 2 things it will need are:
Responding to MIDI sustain and MIDI program change messages.
Should be easy enough to implement.

Going back to tweaking knobs and buttons now :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Look like MIDI learn doesn't work.

And it may be an user error here (or gui), but the first osc tune knob also seems to have no effect.

The sounds i managed to program were good, so keep up the good work and finish the synth.

TIA
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

totally killing my little machine here: 97-98% cpu :-o
but i can get a sound out of it, briefly.

had time today, file unavailable :/

come back and ride the wave of "free publicity"! :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

rob_lee wrote:I got pissed off in Bavaria trying to explain i wanted a "Snakebite" They tried yo give some Shandy crap with beer and lemonade lol. I later found out that i had to ask for Apple Wine and Lager to mix haha Apple Wine is Cider???
In Germany they have something called bibop, that is half a beer + half a cola

I was sitting at a party and one guy when his beer glass was more or less empty filled it with some coke to finish it off.

I was just one big :?:

:lol:

the developer said he was leaving for 2 weeks holiday.
so i doubt u'd be getting answers before then.

sounds pretty good - please keep going and also make a mac version - then you will have an advantage over OP-X :)
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Brother Charles wrote:DIVA / OPX Pro II . . . it is this reviewer's opinion that they are pretty well neck n' neck.
Yep, pretty much my opinion as well. OP-X Pro II sounds splendid. So, olikana, give it a shot. :)

I am a fan of the OP-X and commend sonicprojects for the effort in the instrument which is very thorough and its a great package. I own it.

I took some time to compare the OP-X II to my OB8 and did find that normal the Osc were very dull in the high freq - and in bright mode I found the high end to sound fizzy and artificial. Also in bright mode there are strange clicks in the attack. It doesnt sound very natural and alongside an analogue instrument there are several qualities that could be looked at - althogh it can sound pretty close on similar patches to the OBX - when you wind it up eg using tight unison basses the differences appear more obvious.

Anyways I tried this demo and first of all it 'murdered' my CPU in a way Ive not experienced before...perhaps with Diva...
Its borederline unusable on my i7 Macbook Pro in Live but perhaps a different DAW would be better...

However I think the sound has real potential. I like the basic sound more than the OP-X. I think the calibration could be improved and of course the GUI and controls and it needs optimising. It doesnt appear to have the movement in the voices as the OP-X does either...Im hoping to move back to OSX 64 bit so maybe Ill have to cry and not have it if it only gets developed for Windows- but I tested it on a W7 partition.

I did a comparison to the OP-X. I just did it - and tried superficially to have the same sound - but now realise the OP-X pulse width was a bit more narrow...but its reasonable but not perfect...

See what you think. The OBxd is first 4 bars - the OP-X 4 bars and so on. I think you can hear a bit of what I describe. OP-X in bright mode. Any other mode is not worth comparing as its so muted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7995417/OBx.wav

Re-uploaded. Added buttons visual feedback, pulse width limiting( if lfo + pw setting >1 then no sound comes ( like in hardware)).Reduced voice number to 6 (to let users run it on different processors).

Thanks everyone for feedback. I see that many users requested mac support. Currently this is not implementable, since i using c# and vst.net. But in the near future ( after i get stable windows version) i am planning to rewrite plugin in c++ to increace performance and then mac support will be added.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8QmFmn ... sp=sharing
And so on im leaving it as is for 2 weeks. Again thanks everybody for feedback. :oops:

THX for the update.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Had a look at the new version. The switches seem to work now and the sound seems to be nice.

Anyway at my first attempt to create my own patch the plugin crashed and a red cross was added of the place where the Cutoff knob is. Ableton Live did not crash but the CPU load was around 170% then.
Removing and reloading the plugin seemed to solve it. The CPU load in Ableton Live was around 60-70% on my system (around 57% when no note played).

I guess this could be great when it's finished but a lot of work seems to be necessary to make it running solid in different hosts, doing a nice and usuable GUI and reduce the CPU use, especially when no note is played.

Sound wise it seems to be OK already. Not sure how good the parameter ranges are adjusted to the real thing as i never used a real OB-X.

Missing features seem to be separate switches for both waveforms (Saw + Pulse) and a noise source. Cross-modulation (X-Mod) and a few switches in the filter section seem to be missing too.

A picture of the original Osc section:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

if it gets to Mac and can be optimised I will def use this
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Teksonik wrote:
Numanoid wrote:For a newbie amateur this is a complete no go way to introduce yourself in the KVR forum ;)
Once again the self elected KVR Police Chief and self appointed spokesperson for the KVR forums chimes in........ :lol:
so true :lol:

Return to “Instruments”