Image-Line 64bit Plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Indeed, very much overpriced. I wonder if they ever look at the market...
I might get Poizone for 20 bucks, but not for 80, which is an insane price for such an old, simple synth.
Maybe Belgium is such an expensive place that they need to ask those prices...
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I downloaded all the demos, mainly considering Sakura then... really thought I would like Morphine, but after playing it for a bit, removed it and Poizone soon after. A sale on Toxic kept the demo on my system for awhile, really considering it when it was going for the 27-29 bucks, but ended up passing on it too. Sakura hit for one day at 28 bucks, and I like the quirky synths like that, but decided it would mostly be redundant to AAS VS1 and passed on it too. (Same being true of Ogun). This last sale of Harmless at 31 bucks got me to take another stab with the demo, but ended up dismissing it for it's character in sound not being to my tastes. Harmor seems to be the most complete synth in their line up to me, but not for the $97.00 you find it for (Especially being a NFR). I have some interest in DirectWave, but perhaps it's just a nostaglic notion of sample editing? Maybe if they did a 'no-brainer' bundle price, I might break down and get them all, they aren't bad synths in any way really.
At this point, if I see Harmor at $30.00, I'd probably go ahead and do that. But I think ILine is already out of my GASlist for the most part.

BBFG# wrote: Maybe if they did a 'no-brainer' bundle price, I might break down and get them all, they aren't bad synths in any way really.
they did. i bought all plugins for 70% off last month. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Maybe if they did a 'no-brainer' bundle price, I might break down and get them all, they aren't bad synths in any way really.
they did. i bought all plugins for 70% off last month. :)
That's decent. I thought it was for the whole studio though...
I only like the VIs.
I guess I missed it. (but I'm okay with that).
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

fluffy_little_something wrote:
I might get a real minimoog for 20 bucks, but not for 80, which is an insane price for such an old, simple synth.

:D
fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe Belgium is such an expensive place that they need to ask those prices...
A bit comparable with the countries surrounding it. Houses/apartments are relatively expensive here though.

T-CM11 wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
I might get a real minimoog for 20 bucks, but not for 80, which is an insane price for such an old, simple synth.

:D
fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe Belgium is such an expensive place that they need to ask those prices...
A bit comparable with the countries surrounding it. Houses/apartments are relatively expensive here though.
You should mark your modification somehow else it amounts to an abuse of the quote feature :ud:

But really, I would not know what to do with a Minimoog, no space for that hardware crap, nor money or time to maintain it and mess around with cables :P

fluffy_little_something wrote:You should mark your modification somehow else it amounts to an abuse of the quote feature :ud:
But really, I would not know what to do with a Minimoog, no space for that hardware crap, nor money or time to maintain it and mess around with cables :P
It's too absurd for anyone to think that it's a real quote. :wink:
I have enough hardware crap, no room for more. :( And certainly not for a huge dinosaur that costs a fortune to buy and maintain.
Yep, a lot of cables... sometimes it takes some acrobatics to get at them (small studio room).
Last edited by T-CM11 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:
SODDI wrote:Where? The IL dowload page ( http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html ) only displays the 32 bit version.
Good point, but it says so in the KVR news announcement?: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/image-line ... -bit-25057
If you follow the link embedded in the word "updated" in that announcement, it will take you to the "IL Downloads" page I referenced. That is where and how I got it.

Maybe the 64-bit version download of Directwave is somewhere else.

Ben [KVR] wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
SODDI wrote:Where? The IL dowload page ( http://www.image-line.com/downloads/downloads.html ) only displays the 32 bit version.
Good point, but it says so in the KVR news announcement?: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/image-line ... -bit-25057
The installer contains the 64-bit version too.
Thanks, Ben. DL'ed.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Indeed, very much overpriced. I wonder if they ever look at the market...
I might get Poizone for 20 bucks, but not for 80, which is an insane price for such an old, simple synth.
I can say you should give up getting poizone and search other 20 bucks plugins somewhere else.

I hope they update Directwave so it can sample a channel in Cubase (Artist)...

tooneba wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Indeed, very much overpriced. I wonder if they ever look at the market...
I can say you should give up getting poizone and search other 20 bucks plugins somewhere else.

Poizone, Toxic, and others have been on sale in the 30 dollar range, so it's not that improbable.

T-CM11 wrote:I hope they update Directwave so it can sample a channel in Cubase (Artist)...
But Cubase can "sample" a channel (or channels) in Cubase and then you can just load the resulting .wav file into Directwave through its browser function.

Takes no time.

SODDI wrote:
T-CM11 wrote:I hope they update Directwave so it can sample a channel in Cubase (Artist)...
But Cubase can "sample" a channel (or channels) in Cubase and then you can just load the resulting .wav file into Directwave through its browser function.

Takes no time.
I find that an awkward workflow. And besides that; so Directwave has a live sampling function but Cubase (Artist) users should not be able to use it?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I might get Poizone for 20 bucks, but not for 80, which is an insane price for such an old, simple synth.
Would be nice if they could lower it to $50, but it is very often on sale nevertheless, wait for it the next time it pops up at $31 at JRR shop or somewhere like that ;)

Return to “Instruments”