Tone2 Nemesis is released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

Numanoid wrote: Yup I know, for some people a C-note is like regular paper, good to have in hand if toilet paper should suddenly have ended
For others a C-note is a C-note, still a bit of money ;)
Still is for me too, I have noticed with the kids and grandkids though that a twenty is the new fiver. Still makes me cringe a little when I give one up.

A 'C' note spent on myself can be the best revenge for what I'm demanded to spend on others though. :hihi:

My only problem with this deal is timing. These were synths I really wanted a few months ago but couldn't justify the price. Now that the price is justifiable, the desire has waned to them being un-necessary. Only a compulsive shot of GAS may change that now. ;)

Hi, Dave
The first song sounds lovely.

sinkmusic wrote:Hi, Dave
The first song sounds lovely.
Thanks ... I'll probably develop that one into a longer track. :)

Hi,

Tone 2 has released the "Classic FM" soundset for Tone 2 Nemesis:

http://www.tone2.com/html/classic_fm.html

MP3 download:
http://www.tone2.com/mp3download/Tone2_ ... ssicFM.mp3

This soundset includes a bunch of "classic" Fm sounds and was done using a limited set of features. For example only the phase modulation synthesis modes were used like in the classic FM synths. Additionally no Unison was used as that was not used in classic FM synths.
No custom waveforms were allowed but it was allowed to use the first 16 partials of the additive waveform editor to create waveforms from scratch.

The soundset also includes also 13 patches done by myself (around 25 were submitted)
The official audio demo seems to contain 2 of the short demos that i submitted. I will post the whle collection later.

A list of existing and upcoming Nemesis soundsets could be found here:
http://www.tone2.com/html/overview_ne.html

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

CM has spent time on this plug to review it in depth, as the review first appears in the mag out this week.

They give it 9 out of 10, and say: "Powerful, flexible and different. Nemesis is a synth that any producer of high-impact electronic music will be blown away by"

:)

Numanoid wrote:CM has spent time on this plug to review it in depth, as the review first appears in the mag out this week.

They give it 9 out of 10, and say: "Powerful, flexible and different. Nemesis is a synth that any producer of high-impact electronic music will be blown away by"

:)
When i noticed that there is a reply here i first thought it was about the latest soundset (see my last post)...

Nemesis is a great synth indeed and offers a different and/or more simple way into FM synthesis. The reactions of users and also inside reviews seesm to be quite positive so far. In fact this is the case for other Tone2 synths too but by the posts of some haters here at KVR there is maybe a different impression sometimes. For example there were a lot of negattive discussions about Rayblaster at the beginning as some people didn't really seem to understand how it works (or did not want to believe it does what it does...) but now the comments about it seem to be more on the positive side.

I also got Ni FM8 and love how it sounds and what others like e.g. Lotuzia were able to do with it. I had a look at the FM8 bank of Lotizia for maybe trying to reprogram a few sounds with Nemesis. The routings inside most of those patches were too complex to replicate the same in Nemesis.
As i had already mentioned Nemsis is no replacement for older Fm synths but a new approach. Anyway in the latest oficial soundset it was tried to use mostly features that were included with "traditional" FM synths like the phase modulation modes instead the new NeoFM modes. For the waveforms the limitations was to only use the first 16 partials of the built-in additive editor (and not use WAV import).

Personally for me programming FM synths in the past (like FM8) was a real struggle and not easy to get new patches. With Nemesis while i still not get as many results as with the more familiar subtactive synths it seems to be a lot more simple to get new and nice patches.
Besides taht Nemesis is not limited to "pure" FM but combines FM, custom waveforms, Additive, phase distortion and other stuff.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

After recently having released the "Classic FM" soundset Tone 2 just released the 3rd official Nemesis soundset called "Arpmania" which is focused on Arp + sequencer sounds:

http://www.tone2.com/html/arpmania.html

Also includes 100 addtitional Arp patterns and 3 new skins.

Overview of Nemesis soundsets:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Removed. Sorted.
Last edited by Ghostwave on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Deleted. seems to be solved.
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
Karten wrote:Removed. Sorted.
Just sent a PM.
ingo
And replied :)
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Ingonator wrote:After recently having released the "Classic FM" soundset Tone 2 just released the 3rd official Nemesis soundset called "Arpmania" which is focused on Arp + sequencer sounds:

http://www.tone2.com/html/arpmania.html

Also includes 100 addtitional Arp patterns and 3 new skins.

Overview of Nemesis soundsets:
This time i did not participated but have received a free NFR copy of the "Arpmania" soundset (again many thanks to Bastiaan).
Have checked more than half of the patches yet and some really cool stuff there (like expected). Besides more analog sounding Arp and sequncer sounds there are also many more digital and/or "typical" FM sounds.

Like in other Tone2 soundsets i really like the patches that are done by Bastiaan and Markus. Of course they know the synth (and how to use it properly) very well.

ingo
Ingo Weidner

The more I play with the demo, the more I like Nemesis. Easy to use, very versatile and sounds great. It's on my list to pick up when cash allows.
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

Nice UI :)

I like what i've heard so far.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”