Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nemesis 3

Tone2 just released a Beta for a Nemesis v1.2 update:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2435.0

Changes:
New features:

- Patches can be selected with up/down/left/right keys (if host supports it)
- Patches in the browser can be selected with the mousewheel (if host supports it)

Enhancements:

- Better sound quality: New high-end resampling algorithm for linear frequency response over 12 kHz
- Better performance when patch browser is open
- Enhanced patch browser usability
- Workaround for buggy hosts, which forget noteOff commands. The Arp does not longer produce a hanging note
- Better compatibility with Fruity Loops
- Minor improvements with the mousewheel
- Enhanced stability
- Enhanced performance
- Enhanced compatibility

Changes:

- Patch browser now saves rnk files within Nemesis_sounds directory

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a rarely appearing problem with nonstandard mouse drivers
- Fixed an exotic problem where menus did not work because of a badly configured Windows
- Fixed minor problems with the patch browser
- Fixed a possible crash in that could happen if plugin was closed quickly after loading

This is the 3rd update for Tone2 plugins in a short time besides Icarus v1.1 and Gladiator v2.5.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Although the first one for Nemesis on Mac since release

Wasn' markus krause formerly known as markus feil ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:Wasn' markus krause formerly known as markus feil ?
Yeah. It seems he uses another name (after all the commotion with suggested malware in Tone2 software).
I don't know if the two are related though, but it is the same guy behind Tone2.

After he married Markus took the name of his wife. I know that this is not really usual to take the name of the wife but possible.
Last edited by Ingonator on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

exmatproton wrote:
Yeah. It seems he uses another name (after all the commotion with suggested malware in Tone2 software).
I don't know if the two are related though, but it is the same guy behind Tone2.

I think he took his wife's name (he got married in the interim).

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

I think he took his wife's name (he got married in the interim).

rsp
ah... :tu:

exmatproton wrote: ...(after all the commotion with suggested malware in Tone2 software).
Was there a clear conclusion about that?
I've read/search about this when awarded of it and frankly, I couldn't wrap it up.
Seems like an untruth to my understanding...

exmatproton wrote:
Well, that would be insane. :D TBH, i don't think that thing had nearly as much impact on them as a company, and as persons, than it did here, in the drama booth. :P Let's also not forget that the whole thing arose from people crediting warezers as a trustable, and morally integer source. The times i dealt with Tone2 via mail, they have been exceptionally polite and helpful BTW. IMO, that Markus, or any of his employees, are considered untrustable, or that they do malware software is quite far fetched. But, hey, the internet is pretty grotesque sometimes.

nordickvr wrote:
exmatproton wrote: ...(after all the commotion with suggested malware in Tone2 software).
I've read/search about this when awarded of it and frankly, I couldn't wrap it up.
Well, it seems to be true that Tone2's software deletes illegal keys from your computer. If you consider this "malware" is up to you. Actually, malware has become quite a collective noun for stuff we hate.

Weird is that one of their installers, or plugins, i suspect Icarus', has deleted a legal key from my computer, i guess it thought was not valid, i think it was FilterBank. Apart from that slight weirdness, i had no problems with any of their plugins. And even with FilterBank, i'm not sure, but i can't recall that i have deleted it either.

chk071 wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
Well, it seems to be true that Tone2's software deletes illegal keys from your computer. If you consider this "malware" is up to you. Actually, malware has become quite a collective noun for stuff we hate.

Weird is that one of their installers, or plugins, i suspect Icarus', has deleted a legal key from my computer, i guess it thought was not valid, i think it was FilterBank. Apart from that slight weirdness, i had no problems with any of their plugins. And even with FilterBank, i'm not sure, but i can't recall that i have deleted it either.
Thanks for the answer.

nvm
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

their copy protection crashed my daw, when tone2 plugins were scanned and you have also installed pace ilok. Since they haven't updated every plugin with this fix, ilok must have fixed this issue since, i don't have this problem since nearly two years. All tone2 plugins work very stable.

afaik they have updated all their plugins with that fixed?
Which ones you dn't think are?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:afaik they have updated all their plugins with that fixed?
I was under that impression too. AFAIK, they only did not fix the ones which weren't affected by this issue.

Return to “Instruments”