Helix 64bit for Mac is out. Website also updated!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Helix

http://www.audjoo.com/h/Helix.htm

Added to the shopping list now that 64bit for Mac is here.

:D

Good News!!

First rate synth to be sure !!!

Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

EULA wrote:(d) You are not allowed to resell, lend, rent, sublicense or in other ways transfer the license or Software.
Fail.

pinkpanther wrote:
EULA wrote:(d) You are not allowed to resell, lend, rent, sublicense or in other ways transfer the license or Software.
Fail.
Instant $129 devaluation.
I don't work here, I just feed the trolls.
My sales thread @ Market Place
My website with lots of free stuff:
Sampled drums and instruments | Clipping plugin | Shure SRH840 EQ correction presets | SFZ syntax mode for Coda2

pinkpanther wrote:
Fail.
yeah, some software is like that. but i buy something because i WANT it. if i get 1-2 years out of it, it's worth it's investment.

am playing with the demo; i didn't know this plugin, glad it works in logic X. it's actually pretty nice...

Is Helix ever on sale?

Numanoid wrote:Is Helix ever on sale?
Not that I've ever seen.

It seems Audjoo isn't very active at all as a developer, but the software is stable and sounds great. $149 for it is a fair price for sure. It's a great synth and well worth it's full price. I wish Jonas was more active here at KVR, I think Helix is an underrated and oft forgotten synth that's powerful and light on the CPU.

I don't know what went wrong... everyone here was so enamored with Helix when it was a free beta and as soon as he asked a fair price for the finished commercial version KVRians seemed to scatter like roaches from a pointy shoe. :shrug:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:It seems Audjoo isn't very active at all as a developer, but the software is stable and sounds great. $149 for it is a fair price for sure. It's a great synth and well worth it's full price. I wish Jonas was more active here at KVR, I think Helix is an underrated and oft forgotten synth that's powerful and light on the CPU.
I think it's too expensive. If it's priced at 99$ he could have made more sales. Especially in KVR with that price it's putting Helix in competition with Zebra. One other thing is that the UI does not reflect the price for me.

I want fancy GUI for that amount of money and Helix is not that beautiful compared to it's competitor. The GUI does not look polished and does not invite me to use it. It's a full featured synth but i just don't feel connected with it during demo.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:It seems Audjoo isn't very active at all as a developer, but the software is stable and sounds great. $149 for it is a fair price for sure. It's a great synth and well worth it's full price. I wish Jonas was more active here at KVR, I think Helix is an underrated and oft forgotten synth that's powerful and light on the CPU.
I think it's too expensive. If it's priced at 99$ he could have made more sales. Especially in KVR with that price it's putting Helix in competition with synth like Zebra, Lush, Diversion, Spire and Tone2 stuff.

One other thing is that the UI does not reflect the price for me. I want fancy GUI for that amount of money and Helix is not that beautiful compared to it's competitor. The GUI does not look polished and does not invite me to use it. It's a full featured synth but i just don't feel connected with it during demo.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:I think it's too expensive. If it's priced at 99$ he could have made more sales.
+1, at a minimum the dev could do a sale now and again, just to keep interest up for the synth

BTW: Some interesting info here, so the dev has left Sweden for San Fran?:
http://www.audjoo.com/old/

Great sound, but the interface...

xx JPRacer xx wrote:but the interface...
...looks a bit like Bitwig? :D

xamido wrote:
xamido wrote:
I think it's too expensive. If it's priced at 99$ he could have made more sales. Especially in KVR with that price it's putting Helix in competition with synth like Zebra, Lush, Diversion, Spire and Tone2 stuff.

One other thing is that the UI does not reflect the price for me. I want fancy GUI for that amount of money and Helix is not that beautiful compared to it's competitor. The GUI does not look polished and does not invite me to use it. It's a full featured synth but i just don't feel connected with it during demo.
Why not put it on competition with those instruments? Every single synth you mentioned cost more money. Zebra's $50 more, as is Massive. Lush-101 (which isn't even close to being the same kind of synth as Helix) is $40 more and Diversion (one of my favorites) is only $20 more, but a LOT harder on your CPU. Spire and the Tone2 synths are more expensive too.

I think what happened is people got used to having it for free during it's development cycle and when it came time to pay the piper people wandered off. I always thought he had something special and I was happy to be an early adopter and help fund the long arduous task that is software development.

And he UI? It's clean, intuitive, modern looking and clear. I can't quite get why there would be kickback on it for it's UI and as a UI designer I'm pretty sensitive to a bad UI.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Numanoid wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote:but the interface...
...looks a bit like Bitwig? :D
More than this?

:P

Return to “Instruments”