Best Drum Synths List

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Recently i started looking into synths that are geared towards making drum sounds. I have'nt found anything that even comes close to vengeance sounds metrum. However it only specializes in kick drums. What do you use for synthesizing drums??
List your favourite drum synths!!!

Waldorf Attack, Native instruments Absynth.

Drumatic 4 by e-phonic :D :hyper: :love:

Radian, Modal, COL..heck...my drums are 99% xoxos stuff. And if that's not enough I load them into ADZE and have some serious fun. Have seen and played a lot the last 10 years but his stuff, well, only sky is the limit. Can't wait for bong.

And Kong when I fire up Reason every now and then.

Tbh the last two days I am programming all kind of drum sounds on HYDi (new Beta will hopefully hit the scene this weekend) which is not a drum but a "traditional" synth with lot's of quirks. But I was astonished how bangin' this synth is for drum sounds.

Regards
Sebastian
Last edited by Halma on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Audiospillage Drumspillage and Elecktroid. Mac only though.

Oh and there's also the M4L drum synths that Ableton ships with Live Suite.

Extreme Drumsynth, Drummax, Microtonic, Tremor, all the D16 synths...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Once I gave up worrying about actually synthesising drums, FXPanasion Geist became my beloved.

Here we go... the "All Drum Synths List"

For VST/AU plugins I only have Tremor, however I am considering eventually buying a licence for Drum Spillage & Elecktroid.

I also own Reason 7 so I have access to Kong but I am not fond of the drum synthesizer sound quality.
:borg:

sqigls wrote:Here we go... the "All Drum Synths List"
In a thread title 'best drum synths list'? Whatever next!

To make it worse, some dunce will probably post a sampling drum machine as well and be totally off topic...

Chromaphone
Bazille
Zebra

That is what I use for synthesizing drum sounds

I've been using MicroTonic and EKS Pro a lot lately. DrumSpillage too.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

samsam wrote:
sqigls wrote:Here we go... the "All Drum Synths List"
In a thread title 'best drum synths list'? Whatever next!

To make it worse, some dunce will probably post a sampling drum machine as well and be totally off topic...
:hihi:

EKS Pro is ferking SLAMMING. I wish somebody made a snare version too!

V0RT3X wrote:I also own Reason 7 so I have access to Kong but I am not fond of the drum synthesizer sound quality.
I agree with that when it comes to the synth units from Kong. But the Physical Modeling stuff (Kick, Snare...Tom???) is pretty dope. That & the neat fx section afterwards + the whole velocity options and ease of use is a no brainer for me to keep Reason just for that.

Regards
Sebastian

Return to “Instruments”