Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Based on what I saw (& heard via iLoud speakers) ST3 is a huge improvement over ST2.

I wanted to ask the rep, how much of the included content is new but I didn't want to put the guy "on the spot". Maybe I'll ask one of the veteran IK'ers to give a percentage (i.e. 80/20?, 90/10?) tomorrow.

I did ask if the old content would play in ST3 and he confirmed that it would. I forgot to ask about the old Multi's. I'll ask tomorrow.
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."

Thanks sodbuster!

Very encouraging.

I believe I saw somewhere that there is 30gig total, 24 is brand new content and 6 is legacy. I could be totally off base but if there is legacy content involved I would hate to waste SSD space for duplicate material.

rtucker55 wrote:...I believe I saw somewhere that there is 30gig total, 24 is brand new content and 6 is legacy. I could be totally off base but if there is legacy content involved I would hate to waste SSD space for duplicate material.
Well...based on what I've seen (after participating in several SampleTank/XpansionTank Group Buys), Duplicate material is "part of the IK/eSoundz way". Hopefully, they'll provide a way to differentiate the old from the new.
"...Save the bones for Henry Jones, 'cause Henry don't eat no meat..."

VitaminD wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:Did Musicians Friend jump the gun?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audi ... mpletank-3
Good question.. they say it is in stock and ready to be sold..

What I want to know is.. what is that shopping cart icon in the top, right corner of the GUI?

Sorry, and forgive me, but that is one of the more uninspired GUIs I've seen. :neutral: IKM is usually top-shelf (IMO) when it comes to designing workflow and great user experiences. wtf happened here? Again, sorry, I don't get it at all. I hope this is very early beta we are looking at. A bunch of 3d knobs on a grid (matrix) is not gettin it done at this price point :shrug:

I must agree with the post above...totally uninspiring...
Is this really the final version?! :neutral:

sodbuster-ca wrote:
cain wrote:so is there still no price for upgrade yet or is the $299 that's mentioned in the link the upgrade price :ud: :o would suck since i paid full price when i purchased sampletank years ago :pray: please dont let that be the upgrade price

well will wait and :pray: thats not it
As was suggested on a previous page of this thread, there might be two (2) different upgrade prices. One for the early adopters, and one for the late comers.

I raised this question with one of the reps this evening at the NAMM show, and he confirmed that management is planning on implementing a two (2) upgrade price strategy. So the question is: "What is the definition of an early adopter and what is a late comer"? As of today, those decisions have not been made. He seemed to think those decisions might be made within the next few days.

EDIT - Oops! The upgrade price was discussed in another Thread. Sorry for the confusion.
I will share more pricing info when I can. I've pushed that this is one of the top questions being asked today so I'll see when we can get this information to you.

I don't remember having this conversation at the booth, and you didn't refer to the rep as a "handsome gentleman with luxurious hair and a dazzling personality" so I'll assume it wasn't me ;)

I see numeric parameter indicators that won't be obscured
by a mousepointer, easy-to-click mult-timbral selection, a full sized
midi-channel knob, four items on the bottom row, to establish
some work flow, so on the surface, a lot of fiddly frustrations
are gone. And there are no extreme gradients hiding widget labels.

Mind readers, I say, they took user requests seriously!
Won't need to be an arcade-game master to create toonz! 8)

Teksonik wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Ye, but it's MUCH less than what it was on 2 :tu:
Well I have my ST2 set to cool Blue so there's no Red on it.......... :shrug:
Ha, fair enough ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

VitaminD wrote:

What I want to know is.. what is that shopping cart icon in the top, right corner of the GUI?

Wow, I didn't realize how much iOS is starting to influence the visuals of desktop software. Except for those small, not touch-friendly elements, I would have assumed this to be their new iPad App.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

blueman wrote:
VitaminD wrote:

Sorry, and forgive me, but that is one of the more uninspired GUIs I've seen. :neutral: IKM is usually top-shelf (IMO) when it comes to designing workflow and great user experiences. wtf happened here? Again, sorry, I don't get it at all. I hope this is very early beta we are looking at. A bunch of 3d knobs on a grid (matrix) is not gettin it done at this price point :shrug:
I think you're judging too early. There are 3 tabs in the top left corner - PLAY, MIX and EDIT with EDIT being activated. This tells me that this screenshot shows a bunch of edit parameters for the selected patch, not the main interface which is, I presume, the PLAY tab.

These are also unofficial and not current GUI shots, at least the Edit page that is in the quote above which is definitely different than what I am looking at. And yes that is the Edit page, the Play and MIX pages are different.

So like I asked a few pages back...can we get up to date full size GUI screenshots ? That way we can better judge how these will look in actual use.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

GeorgeZ wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Ye, but it's MUCH less than what it was on 2 :tu:
Well I have my ST2 set to cool Blue so there's no Red on it.......... :shrug:
Ha, fair enough ;)
To be honest after all the grief iK has taken over the years about the Red I'm surprised there is any Red on this version..... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Strange.. because Musician's Friend somehow got ahold of these screenshots and was using them to sell the product yesterday :dog:

... what a strange strategy. They said "it will be shown at NAMM", now the NAMM is there, yet ST3 remains a mistery (no adds on their webpage, nothing sure about price and functions etc., only some alpha or beta version pictures now and then). I don't like this kind of behaviour. ST2 owner since 2004, FWIW.

Return to “Instruments”