Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

dsan@mail.com wrote:
KevWestBeats wrote:.......Sex sells...... :hihi:
Do me a favor and send some of those subliminal messages to the IRS so they hurry up with my tax return lol.
Kev.....I'm confused....you want BBFG# to send IRS sex messages for you?

Hmmmm....:hihi:

Wouldn't that put him in jeopardy of being audited for pimping and not reporting the income? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
i am okay with that.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
BBFG# wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:
Do me a favor and send some of those subliminal messages to the IRS so they hurry up with my tax return lol.

Wouldn't that put him in jeopardy of being audited for pimping and not reporting the income? :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
I think there would be several other local, state, federal laws to contend with also.
Peter, you're on the internet, you can find that stuff on your own!
Wait, what? I wasn't even in any of the quoted conversation!
6 degrees et al :shrug:

:hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

KevWestBeats wrote:
dsan@mail.com wrote:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
i am okay with that.
There ya go, someone willing to pimp those services for ya!

I think it will be this for the release.

All Users must pay for an upgrade to ST3 (Sample Tank 2 or Total Studio). Without an upgrade our software is useless and unusable. My Ableton crash and crash in 32 Bit Version + I have reinstall Sample Tank. Nothing changes. So we must pay again for that our initial software works, this is for me a joke, sorry I have never heard this :(

IK Multimedia: I hope you will bring a free player or something similar because I don't see the reason why I must pay again only for long estimate update that the software will be again usable. I have bought Total Studio mid last year and Sample Tank is unusable.
Do you pay for a "new" vehicle that don't go? I don't think.

I hope a lot in your reaction to the loyal users !
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Sampletank 2 was released 10 years ago, personally I don't think we are entitled to anything, but a free or very cheap ST3 player would good for people who don't want to upgrade. Commercially IK have to get the price point right, if the upgrade price for users is cheap enough, I suspect most people will go that route- IK should just make the upgrade a no brainer, then no one with libraries will even need the player!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

As "new" User of the Total Studio 3 (since July 2013), it's feel like joking with the customers. Since the purchase, I can't use it :( and paying again for just that my libraries can be loaded, I have never hear.
Yes it's normal for people that own sample tank now 10 years but for new clients, it's like a punch in the face and in my money pocket ...
Synth Anatomy

It sounds like you have a specific issue, and if support isn't taking care of you let me know. If you send me your ticket numbers, @MillerSam, I can take a look to see if there's anything in there that can be helped with - not only from the technical perspective. Also, it will at least allow me to better prompt support/testing about SampleTank 3 in Ableton with regard to issues similar to (and of course specifically) those you are having.

I'm also a total studio user and it all works fine for me? I assume you knew some of the programs in TS were 32 bit only when you decided to buy the package?
IK haven't even announced prices or upgrades for TS users, Your moaning and it may be a free upgrade to a much better version that you actually bought!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

MillerSam wrote:As "new" User of the Total Studio 3 (since July 2013), it's feel like joking with the customers. Since the purchase, I can't use it :( and paying again for just that my libraries can be loaded, I have never hear.
Yes it's normal for people that own sample tank now 10 years but for new clients, it's like a punch in the face and in my money pocket ...
thats crap. you bought 32bit and that was clearly stated. when you run 64bit daw you can't take for granted that 10 years old stuff work like a charm. anyway, as you said 32bit daw the problem is on your side since i never heard that sampletank dont work in ableton.

btw. i really dont care much about any pricing decision they make. either i accept it or not. it's easy enough. fine for everybody.
Last edited by murnau on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

SLiC wrote:I'm also a total studio user and it all works fine for me? I assume you knew some of the programs in TS were 32 bit only when you decided to buy the package?
IK haven't even announced prices or upgrades for TS users, Your moaning and it may be a free upgrade to a much better version that you actually bought!
I've offered to look into the situation, but it appears from MillerSam's message that the problems are on a 32-bit system (now I will have to re-read to see if I'm wrong based on other posts between!) so I'll see what is going on and help however I can - be it in the current version, inquiring with the testing team about Ableton specifically and hopefully even the specific issues noted in any tickets there, and in other ways where possible. While I don't yet have a timeline on SampleTank 3 and on some other progress we're making that should make people happy, I'll do my best to nail down what I can in the mean time and hopefully we'll pave the way for some happy folks along the way and when this and other updates get released.

Yes, does say 32 bit version, but I have never had a problem with 32 bit ST in Live 8 or 9. - -

Anyway, I think the point is this thread is about ST3, issues with ST 2 can be discussed other posts.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I don't yet have a timeline on SampleTank 3

Will it be out before the end of 2014?

in the NAMM they said 1st Quarter 2014

I have 2 MAC machines and one is on Logic Pro 9 another on Ableton 9 , both sample tanks are buggy and not usable. I hope really on Sample Tank 3
Synth Anatomy

How does it compete with Halion 5?

Igro wrote:How does it compete with Halion 5?

I don't think it's trying to compete with samplers, it's more of a rompler - but hallion and kontact both come with great content, so it will be tough - it will live or die by the quality of content, ease of use and effects (which look good) and of course as a cheap upgrade and 64 bit route for those of us who have picked up lots of ST libraries over the years ;-)

Return to “Instruments”