Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Igro wrote:How does it compete with Halion 5?
Since one requires a dongle and the other doesn't. They each have an appeal to a separate market. If Halion lost the dongle, I would buy it. Doesn't mean I would drop ST out of the line up though. The romplers I have: SampleTank2; Kontakt5; Aria/Garritan, each have their place. And then there's price point. K5 came with a large library of sounds I wanted but don't deliver the usability I expected. Third party sounds are the only thing that makes Kontakt5 greatly usable and that hasn't been cheap. SampleTank2 has been fantastic in that regard and the few new samples I got to play in SampleTank3 are very promising.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

if its a decent low price for upgrade (had it since mid 2004 and collected a large library for it) i will be all over it. i also have kontakt but like was said before the the usability of the factory library was not what i expected. the 3rd party library are more what end up fitting with what i need. but thats gets expensive fast.
even thought its shows its age still some good content in sampletank that always finds its ways into my projects.
so if its a decent upgrade price will be all over when its released maybe summer or winter who know all we can do is wait and hope for some love for us long time customers and to the new ones to
Last edited by cain on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looking forward for the pricing; I have a few Expansion Tanks that I'd like to use in a 64 bit environment without bridging Sampletank 2.

If it allows to load custom samples (import sfz or other sampler formats), I'm more likely to purchase it since I'm in need of a sampler.

Please, just take my money already so I can get back to work. :)

MillerSam wrote:I think it will be this for the release.

All Users must pay for an upgrade to ST3 (Sample Tank 2 or Total Studio). Without an upgrade our software is useless and unusable. My Ableton crash and crash in 32 Bit Version + I have reinstall Sample Tank. Nothing changes. So we must pay again for that our initial software works, this is for me a joke, sorry I have never heard this :(

IK Multimedia: I hope you will bring a free player or something similar because I don't see the reason why I must pay again only for long estimate update that the software will be again usable. I have bought Total Studio mid last year and Sample Tank is unusable.
Do you pay for a "new" vehicle that don't go? I don't think.

I hope a lot in your reaction to the loyal users !
If you run Ableton in admin and 32 bit mode it should run.

On Windows it's possible to run ST2 as a none-admin user with a couple of slightly more advanced tweaks. Here's a guide I made: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5618121

paterpeter wrote:On Windows it's possible to run ST2 as a none-admin user with a couple of slightly more advanced tweaks. Here's a guide I made: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5618121
Thanks for posting this, I'll check it out and let the support guys know if they are not already aware.

I gave that a try but still cant get it working without the admin message on startup.

also, It keeps locking up on 'performing preanalysis', and I dont think this is an admin issue.. :?

Suddenly, after more than a week of trying to get the 64b effects and Amplitube3 to work on my system, support has mysteriously gone quiet. Loaded up Arc5 and the stand-alone is working, but it comes up as an error in the DAW. Well, that got me to buy Overloud's TH2. And perhaps the effects from TotalStudio3 were redundant anyway to what I have anyway. But like others, not getting the full benefit of my purchase and by support's silence, I gather I may not any time soon. I know, this is about ST3 and all else should be taken to support. Wait, I'm doing that. I just find it ironic how everyone is complaining about the 32b plugins and all my problems with IKM are centered around the 64b plugins. (btw, the 32b versions of A3 and TrackS don't work either).

BBFG#
Just wait another 10 years and they might fix it for you.

Of course the fix will be a paid update, which contains a bunch of other things that you won't use or need. ;)
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

The question is:
will there be a player version of Sampletank3?
/I want it 4 free :) /

At a guess yes, as it'll most likely be rolled out in the same fashion as Amplitube CS
Eternitysound VST Banks

Ben H wrote:BBFG#

Of course the fix will be a paid update, which contains a bunch of other things that you won't use or need. ;)
Except these 64-bit versions work flawlessly for many thousands and support will help him get it working. I've already forwarded some additional information to our support team to make sure they have what they need. Sorry that you may have had a bad experience, please PM the information if you'd like me to look into it. Thanks.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:

Except these 64-bit versions work flawlessly for many thousands and support will help him get it working. I've already forwarded some additional information to our support team to make sure they have what they need. Sorry that you may have had a bad experience, please PM the information if you'd like me to look into it. Thanks.
I have to agree, on Windows at least all the 64 bit plugs run fine.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

We'll see. I do have a support ticket open on the Amplitube3 problem and have referenced the TrackS problems with it. Peter just sent a PM asking for more info on it to check up on it. I'm not giving up on it just yet, although I have stepped back from it as it was cutting into my playing time and I use the effects only slightly anyway. Last week was spent mostly on amp-sim testing though. GR5 doesn't sound natural to me. I like the Peavey Revalver HPse I got with the free Addictive Drums that came with the last Sonar Upgrade though (but since it is in a state of upgrade flux, I'm not looking at it than anymore than this free version). However, the Roland sale on the full TH2 was worth considering and I ended up going for it. So far, I like the free Peavey and the TH2s better than NI-GR5 (which is clean, powerful and somewhat un-natural imo). I was really hoping to get Amplitube up to using too. I'm finding Amp-sims to be more versatile in character than the guitars we run through them. A good amp can make a decent guitar PDG.

Edit/Add: Just got a message from support and from that, I've pretty much decided to move on from IKM. I'll continue to use the ST2/SS2/MSO/ST/SM until I find no use for them since they work great for me, but considering the 64b A3/TrackS is not going to work on my 64b system, I don't think I'll be looking at ST3 any longer for its '64b' compatibility.
Moving on...
Last edited by BBFG# on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Return to “Instruments”