Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:As stated multiple times before, many times here, SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit, will load/import previous Powered By SampleTank libraries, and will be released by the end of the year.
Times flies, and august is almost over

Sample Tank 3 is to be launched by the end of the year. As I doubt IK will launch anything after x-mas, as we all then will be skint, I guess sometime late November (hopefully before) would be the most logical date to release it.

So as we thus must believe that Sample Tank 3 is less than 100 days away, let's start the countdown :-)

He didn't say which year.

A promise is a promise, gotta believe in people :)

lotus2035 wrote:He didn't say which year.
Seriously? I'll have to alter my autotyping tool (yes I use one for that statement since it has to be repeated so much) to satisfy the KVR Semantics Squad. Or not.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter, chill out dude! You've got to realize that it's going to get people making responses like that when something has taken so long to materialize. Kick back, suck on a beer and chuckle over it - you'll get this right up to release date.

Though I'd LIKE to play along, IK's release dates are extremely hard to pin down, even under the best of circumstances.

Frankly, I'm still smarting from the vaporware StudiophonIK debacle from a few years ago. And that instrument was actually published for sale, with a picture, in the Sweetwater catalog.

Like many here, I'm looking forward to ST3 in x64. For 3 years, I've been sitting on EVERY Sampletank library ever released by IK or Sonik Reality because they've not been adapted to the x64 environment. Haven't even bothered installing them.

But unless and until IK's official announcement, I will continue to treat all unverified ST3 announcements with the gravitas usually reserved for unicorn sightings and Bigfoot discoveries.

99 days to go... :lol:
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

@robojam - Yeah, from people who don't actually care about the product anyway, so you make a great point. There's a lot I should and have been ignoring here lately so I should continue to do so.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robojam wrote:Kick back, suck on a beer and chuckle over it
Lets cool it with the beer until the celebration AFTER the release ;)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:people who don't actually care about the product anyway
Close to 1000 buyers in the latest group buy, suggest that users care about the product and also updates ;)

robojam wrote:Peter, chill out dude! You've got to realize that it's going to get people making responses like that when something has taken so long to materialize. Kick back, suck on a beer and chuckle over it - you'll get this right up to release date.
Oh, absolutely.

Remember that before Al Gore invented the internet, many of us on KVR used to sit around in the real world shooting tin cans off the back fence with a BB gun to pass the time.

Swap out "BB gun" with "computer keyboard," and "tin can" with "software dev" and it all starts to come into focus. :D
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Numanoid wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:people who don't actually care about the product anyway
Close to 1000 buyers in the latest group buy, suggest that users care about the product and also updates ;)
I was talking about the KVR Semantics Squad and similar.

BERFAB wrote:Remember that before Al Gore invented the internet, many of us on KVR used to sit around in the real world shooting tin cans off the back fence with a BB gun to pass the time.
Good ol' Al, must have woken up one morning in the early 90's and decided to invent the Internet so the enviroment could be saved from all those BB pellets :hihi:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I was talking about the KVR Semantics Squad and similar.
That might be a good point, but let's not become anti-semantic either, everybody's entitled to an opinion.

Peter, could you let us know what additional functionality there will be in 3 beyond 64bit?

Okay, I know it's by the end of this year.
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”