Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:No 30-page essays, just that we're getting closer to NAMM so I hope to see some folks stop by and give it a whirl next week.

For those that are on social networks:
Please remember, that many of us refuse to be twits and hope you will inform us of things with more than 140 characters.

Yes, we will post on other more verbose social networks and our forum too: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/forum

The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

IK forum wrote:Yes it will be 64-bit, there will be no free version upon release but there will be upgrade pricing.

Also, here's the latest Tweet:

SampleTank 3 interface info start to appear. Yes it will have bigger and more readable fonts! #ST3countdown 8 days to go!
Man, I love that countdown:

8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3f-JwOGO1A

Quite close now :hyper:

I'm very anxious to see how the upgrade pricing will be

Still no promise of a release date though?
We know IKM is going to show it at NAMM.
So that's not much of the real countdown this thread was originally started for.

No, we do not have a specific date to relay to you yet. When we do, it will be announced. I guess a new countdown can occur then :)

Well, it can nevertheless not be too far into the future.

If IK is going to spend money on a presentation and showing of it at NAMM, I expect they want to recoup that by releasing it later in 2014 ?

yeah...not like this ever happened before.......

At the 2004 Musik Messe, IK Multimedia and Sonic Reality have announced their next collaborative effort, StudioPhonik, the first Studio Instrument Module. This virtual instrument plug-in is dedicated to reproducing the diverses sounds and instruments of full bands in high-end recording studios. With a wide selection of custom, vintage and top of the line drums, percussion, guitars, bass, keyboards and horns, the user can produce an realistic and professional sounding virtual band in their sequencer, all from one plug-in.

StudioPhonik is expected to be released within this summer and will be available as a plug-in for every sequencer platform including RTAS, VST, MAS and Audio Unit on MacOS. The MSRP will be $/Euro 399.
StudioPhonik by IK Multimedia

I understand your hesitation, we will have it at NAMM and it will be working very well and not just a demonstration but you can use it too so we're not in StudioPhonik territory exactly at this point.

To be fair, StudiophoniK *was* released. It's sold by eSoundz as libraries for SampleTank 2 :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I understand your hesitation, we will have it at NAMM and it will be working very well and not just a demonstration but you can use it too so we're not in StudioPhonik territory exactly at this point.
It's just that there seems to be more ambigous statements and back-pedaling in your schmooze as of late. :shrug:

Still keeping some hope in IK doing this very soon and not keep pushing it down the road.

In the mean time, I'm still trying to get Amplitube3 and a few of the effects in the TRackS- Grand to show up and work.
And waiting for the backorder ARC to get here. (The store said IKM would be shipping those on the 24th according to them).

I'm trying not to unintentionally lead anybody on or have anything misinterpreted. We're sharing official info as we have it and I am sorry that you consider it "schmooze". We will show it at NAMM (and people can use it there), and we will disclose more release date related information as it comes.

If you are working with support on AmpliTube and T-RackS you should be up and running soon, I'd say.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm trying not to unintentionally lead anybody on or have anything misinterpreted. We're sharing official info as we have it and I am sorry that you consider it "schmooze". We will show it at NAMM (and people can use it there), and we will disclose more release date related information as it comes.

If you are working with support on AmpliTube and T-RackS you should be up and running soon, I'd say.
I come from a sales background and schmoozing is not necessarilly a bad thing, it's just part of the job. Bad schmoozing only comes when we know for a fact we are creating a delay because it will never manifest.

I haven't opened a support ticket yet. There's a better opportunity in try to get it happening on my own first. It took me an hour or so, but most of the grand upgrade is showing in the DAW now and as 64bit. I just have four units that are showing as both 32 and 64 and still missing a handful in the scan for the complete Grand set. Amplitube3, I may have to concede and contact support though.

Good to hear, since this will manifest. First at NAMM in a tangible and usable form, then we will disclose how long after that it will be available for purchase.

anxiousmofo wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:Will Sampletank 3 be able to use product specific combis for the various Powered by Sampletank legacy products (Miroslav combis, SonikSynth 2 combis, etc)?

Thanks!
Good question, I'll look into that for you.
Much obliged, Peter!
Any progress on this front? I'm particularly interested in whether or not the stock combis will work in ST3.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Return to “Instruments”