Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

trusampler wrote:PeterIK,
are we at a point now, that we can discuss a few demo's of the new sampletank 3, I remember you mentioning earlier this year, when we neared the release you would be offering some insight of features etc.

If you cannot post a demo, I understand.For many of us, I think the true gem here is, how will Sampletank 3 sound.Being that you've been around the new product, what would you say the biggest improvements in sound quality are?

And in your opinion,how will the new Sampletank 3 sound/soundset sound vs. Sampletank 2 respectively.

thanks
Yes, it sounds a LOT better. The new engine will also play back previous libraries and allow for higher quality sounds with those as well. On top of that the FX, oh my the FX...Monday we'll have more details, but yes, the FX. The new GUI, the new ********, the ******** *****, ****** ****** and of course 64 bit.
Burillo wrote:it's a completely new soundset, done with more experience up their belt and better gear. so i'd be VERY surprised if it didn't sound MASSIVELY better than SampleTank 2 sounds.
This.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

ObiK wrote: The new GUI, the new ********, the ******** *****, ****** ****** and of course 64 bit.
(1) ... ?
(2) sampling rates?
(3) search engine?

:roll:

ObiK wrote:
trusampler wrote:PeterIK,
are we at a point now, that we can discuss a few demo's of the new sampletank 3, I remember you mentioning earlier this year, when we neared the release you would be offering some insight of features etc.

If you cannot post a demo, I understand.For many of us, I think the true gem here is, how will Sampletank 3 sound.Being that you've been around the new product, what would you say the biggest improvements in sound quality are?

And in your opinion,how will the new Sampletank 3 sound/soundset sound vs. Sampletank 2 respectively.

thanks
Yes, it sounds a LOT better. The new engine will also play back previous libraries and allow for higher quality sounds with those as well. On top of that the FX, oh my the FX...Monday we'll have more details, but yes, the FX. The new GUI, the new ********, the ******** *****, ****** ****** and of course 64 bit.
Burillo wrote:it's a completely new soundset, done with more experience up their belt and better gear. so i'd be VERY surprised if it didn't sound MASSIVELY better than SampleTank 2 sounds.
This.

Thank you so much for the reply can't wait :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Anytime! Neither can we, Monday will be very exciting for us!
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

Monday ? NAMM is not until the 23rd.......... :?:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ah, you are correct. I got my dates mixed up. :/

And it only runs Thursday to Sunday...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Yup, very keen.

Teksonik wrote:Monday ? NAMM is not until the 23rd.......... :?:
Way to go! He was about to spill the beans early and you said 'no, I do not want information now. Please, make me wait longer.' :dog:

:hihi:

Bombadil wrote:
Numanoid wrote:So what you are saying is that you prefer them to continue tinkering with Sample Tank 2, Sample Moog et al, instead of using their efforts to bring out the new Sample Tank 3 ? :?

No. What I am saying is that until I can use my already purchased software without further cost (i.e., S3 Free), IKM won't see another cent of my money, nor will I recommend their products to anyone.

use a different host (32 bit), viola it will work.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Um. I don't want to use another host. I have Reaper, and find it unintuitive and clunky compared to Logic X. I'll be damned if I am going to buy Cubase, DP, or Studio One just so I can use IKM's VIs. What I have done, though, is buy more VIs from IKM's competitors who seem to have more focus on their customers' needs and wishes, as opposed to the silly iCrap that IKM has been dedicated to for the last few years (meanwhile, as has been mentioned, ST3 has been in the pipeline for what, 4-5 years?)
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

VitaminD wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Monday ? NAMM is not until the 23rd.......... :?:
Way to go! He was about to spill the beans early and you said 'no, I do not want information now. Please, make me wait longer.' :dog:

:hihi:
Sorry but I don't think the guy who doesn't even know what day it is would be much help........... :hihi:

Actually I've grown tired of waiting for the beans to spill..........I've purchased Kontakt 5. The iK Hype Machine is getting old......five years is enough. If ST3 ever does get released and the upgrade price is attractive I'll probably upgrade but if not....no big deal...... :shrug:

Teksonik wrote: Actually I've grown tired of waiting for the beans to spill..........I've purchased Kontakt 5. The iK Hype Machine is getting old......five years is enough. If ST3 ever does get released and the upgrade price is attractive I'll probably upgrade but if not....no big deal...... :shrug:
I bought both fairly close to each other. I guess my expectations were too high for Kontakt5. The sounds that come with Komplete Ultimate are good for what they are, but seem limited in their range of usability for me. STXL2 I thought would just be a good step up from Dimension and really only wanted MSO to balance with my Garritan libraries. Maybe it's because I expected so little from SampleTank that it constantly proves its usefulness all around.

Kontakt is getting better only as I've been able to add third party sounds, and that's not cheap (and not always proves to be good for the money either). Very hit and miss, the few sounds I've acquired for Kontakt are mostly great, but some are as bad as factory sounds it came with.

:)
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

As long as it's not in the "funny money" upgrade pricing, I'll buy it.

Please IK, don't do a 30 page essay on why it's so fine and why it took so bloody long and why upgrade costs 199 eur for users of all the extra libraries...

k

No 30-page essays, just that we're getting closer to NAMM so I hope to see some folks stop by and give it a whirl next week.

For those that are on social networks:

Return to “Instruments”