Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

Breaking news! SampleTank 3 sounds will have key and velocity switch! #ST3countdown 48 days
https://twitter.com/ikmultimedia/status ... 801816064/

This thread is so hype.

And you know what? I kinda like that.

Congratulations, you've achieved what Kontakt did a decade ago. :hihi:

Do we Qualify for a St3 upgrade, if we get the workstation bundle
at the sale price?
If you convert a stereo sample to mono, You'll get phase issues and other
glitches.

Arglebargle wrote:Congratulations, you've achieved what Kontakt did a decade ago. :hihi:
Yes, these are a series that a few like to take out of context and take little stabs. I'm fully OK with the prospect of you not buying it, and even with your enjoyment of taking a dump in the thread. Makes it more fun that way (though it is drawing some flies, unfortunately). Many will enjoy SampleTank 3 and it is not even attempting to be Kontakt - SampleTank has been and always will be its own unique self and we're pretty happy with that.

bill45 wrote:Do we Qualify for a St3 upgrade, if we get the workstation bundle
at the sale price?
If you convert a stereo sample to mono, You'll get phase issues and other
glitches.
There will be an upgrade option available to you, yes.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:Congratulations, you've achieved what Kontakt did a decade ago. :hihi:
Yes, these are a series that a few like to take out of context and take little stabs. I'm fully OK with the prospect of you not buying it, and even with your enjoyment of taking a dump in the thread. Makes it more fun that way (though it is drawing some flies, unfortunately). Many will enjoy SampleTank 3 and it is not even attempting to be Kontakt - SampleTank has been and always will be its own unique self and we're pretty happy with that.
Yeah! SampleTank is putting Roland out of business, not Native Instruments.

... :hihi:

C'mon, Roland, don't let them take you down without a fight. Gogo XV5080 VST. :box:

bill45 wrote:Do we Qualify for a St3 upgrade, if we get the workstation bundle
at the sale price?
Why even ask? They'll tell you whatever you need to hear for you to buy it, then later say, "we changed our minds".

I haven' had any problems with IK multimedia.
I trust Peter.

bill45 wrote:I haven' had any problems with IK multimedia.
I trust Peter.
Then realize also you'll have a higher upgrade price if you bought it later. Or so they have claimed (after the vast majority of the fire-sales). Again, they can (and usually do) "change their minds" (which despite the pattern apparently isn't lying).

I have a ricky :shrug:

:D

It's good to see some of the "looks like progress" stuff instead of "god this is like bitwig!" :hihi:

hibidy[quote] wrote:I have a ricky :shrug:
:D

It's good to see some of the "looks like progress" stuff instead of "god this is like bitwig!" :hihi:[/quote]
Did you get the Scarbee Rick bass?

Great to hear about all the new sampling going on.
So how many days until NAMM now?
AAS;Camel Audio;Korg;Modartt;Native Instruments;Roland;Sonar;Steinberg;U-he;Yamaha

Edit #72323: You know what, nevermind. I'm stupid. :dog: :lol:

Don't listen to me. :hihi:

So many edits. I'd probably be more embarrassed if it wasn't 2 in the morning. :singer:

HaganeSteel wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Yeah! SampleTank is putting Roland out of business, not Native Instruments.

... :hihi:

C'mon, Roland, don't let them take you down without a fight. Gogo XV5080 VST. :box:
For anybody who owns Sampletank (even people like me who bought it almost a decade ago), knows that in its initial carnation, the MAIN focus of the VST was the sounds that were provided. It was to be used as an alternative to the rack workstations like Roland XV5080, Yamaha MOTIF & Korg Triton Rack & so on. It still is that, but maybe not as fast as the rack romplers.

IK's main concern was usability not complexity. I have Kontakt & yes its MILES ahead of Sampletank in features & 3rd party sounds etc, but I still use Sampletank because of the depth of the sounds & ease of use. The Kontakt main library in my opinion may be more flexible, but sounds nowhere as "sweet" as Sampletank does. Not to mention, one doesn't need much to get Sampletank up & going & making music.

I have been one to rant & rave about updates as well too, but now their making a move. I wouldn't even expect ST3 to be the same as Kontakt. What I DO expect though is the same amount of ease of use with more up to date features (which Peter is already showing us). I'm just happy that they have something to put out...hopefully it'll come around tax time! :D
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”