Countdown to Sample Tank 3, with 64 bit support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank

It seems that the original place of the image was here and it is their property (click it):

And I've asked Google to list the uses of Peter's avatar similarities in the history of IKMultimedia website (it took me less than one minute). Here are the results, made not on the name of the picture but on the detection of similarities by Google. Unless an old (and abandonned) domain different to ikmultimedia.com in the past and unless a total disappearance in Google history after a total deletion of the webpage by IK... it seems therefore that this image or a similar one had never been used by IK multimedia before December of 2010.

So I'm convinced Peter said true when he wrote "I did not get this avatar image from anything on our web site, past or present. Sorry" He got probably this image from this website.

Hum... Beware, Peter. The image is of course patent protected by this chemical company. So if I was you... I'd be very prudent to use it... The chemical world is a very aggressive world of sharks in matter of finances and of rights.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

does it really matter....?

MillerSam wrote:My Ableton crash and crash in 32 Bit Version + I have reinstall Sample Tank. Nothing changes.
Have you tried by launching your Ableton as Administrator (right click on the icon, then "launch as administrator")? Try it once (or during one or two days), just to see if you meet this same crash again... Just to see. Try it.

For me, it resolved all my problems when I installed ST2 and met this issue. For reasons of security that's a real annoyance as I said to Peter few days ago in another place, but waiting for the (as close as possible) future, it works and none of my DAWs and hosts don't crash anymore now.

I can understand that a provisional solution is never the optimal way to resolve a problem (among others), but it helps to wait with a better peace in mind.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Are we there yet?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

gamecat666 wrote:does it really matter....?
I'm usually a 'by the book' kind of guy, but I have to agree with gamecat here. Yes, it's most likely a protected image for an industrial HAZMAT suit supplier. Pete was having a bit of fun pulling down the image and using it as an avatar on our little geekazoid music forum. No chance of confusion commercially. And who would really care?

The added layer of Peter's affiliation with IKM does raise the stakes a bit, but again, in the end, I don't really see anyone getting hurt here.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I have done all the normal things with my Ableton

I have also a Logic 9 Mac at home and the same thing is happen, Only the standalone Version is ok.
I have reinstalled Ableton, reinstall Sample Tank , administrator rights ... nothing changed

Thanks for your support ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

well, technically, it's a copyrighted image. meaning, whoever is using it without attribution and/or explicit permission is infringing on author's copyrights. kinda like, you know, piracy. this is why i'm skeptical of people who say they have NEVER EVER infringed on anyone's copyright or broken any other intellectual property laws. they're so overbroad, so counterintuitive to our nature and so easy to break it's sometimes impossible to know you're actually doing something that's illegal.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

IK's current possible solution to my problem with their 64b CS:
Rebuild your entire computer around us.

BBFG# wrote:IK's current possible solution to my problem with their 64b CS:
Rebuild your entire computer around us.
The ticket asked you for some more information, and a response to that would be most helpful in moving your issue forward. Nobody asked you to rebuild anything, yet ;)

What they said was move the Daw to the C drive. Roland suggests that to do that, I should do a clean install to avoid registry conflicts. Hence to get the only product that doesn't work to 'possibly' work (not even a guarantee), I end up having to start over. Pretty large task considering... Not sure I want to go through it. It just might be easier to forget A3 and TrackS.

...not in the most recent entry where our Support Manager has stepped in to try to help you out. Please make sure you are referring to that and if you provide the requested information it will likely help avoid further issues and move your ticket forward.

So, about SampleTank 3... ;)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...not in the most recent entry where our Support Manager has stepped in to try to help you out. Please make sure you are referring to that and if you provide the requested information it will likely help avoid further issues and move your ticket forward.

Yes, about SampleTank 3: When will it be released and what is the upgrade price?

firepile wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:...not in the most recent entry where our Support Manager has stepped in to try to help you out. Please make sure you are referring to that and if you provide the requested information it will likely help avoid further issues and move your ticket forward.

Yes, about SampleTank 3: When will it be released and what is the upgrade price?
It will be released as soon as it is ready to be released, and we have not yet disclosed the upgrade pricing yet - only that there will be a deal for long-time users too. Details will come as soon as I can share them.

I've just reached an end with the TS3 for the moment. Taking a rest from it before deciding whether or not to continue jumping through hoops for it without anything but a possible reward.
About ST3? Why? Have you got something to release? ;)

Burillo wrote:well, technically, it's a copyrighted image. meaning, whoever is using it without attribution and/or explicit permission is infringing on author's copyrights. kinda like, you know, piracy. this is why i'm skeptical of people who say they have NEVER EVER infringed on anyone's copyright or broken any other intellectual property laws. they're so overbroad, so counterintuitive to our nature and so easy to break it's sometimes impossible to know you're actually doing something that's illegal.
i am sure forum avatars fall under fair use

Return to “Instruments”