Your VSTi sounds analog? - OK then emulate this!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So many claim that we have some softsynths around that can emulate analog synths more or less precisely. Fine, if this is the case could you more or less precisely emulate the timbres of these examples? I will certainly buy your products if you get close enough

http://youtu.be/jjxPY9D9JOg

and

http://youtu.be/KEdj4A818XU

(from about 1.00 to 1.50)

I am not even an analog freak, I use software for everything and have some old analogs collecting dust at the roof. But these examples are :o :-o :shock: in my ears. Analog Solutions has really nailed something here.

Cheers

IncarnateX wrote: But these examples are :o :-o :shock: in my ears.
Cheers
Must be system related, because they're not in mine ! :hihi:
Last edited by budweiser on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calling DJ Anthony ... calling DJ Anthony ;)

thecontrolcentre wrote:Calling DJ Anthony ... calling DJ Anthony ;)

Who the f.... is DJ Anthony and what does he has to do with anything related to this?

budweiser wrote:Must be system related, because they're not in mines ! :hihi:
Mines? Like coal-mines? Now why would you play these videos down in some mines in the first place?

IncarnateX wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Calling DJ Anthony ... calling DJ Anthony ;)

Who the f.... is DJ Anthony and what does he has to do with anything related to this
He's KVRs digital vs analog evangelist. He calls people like me "elitist" because I can hear the difference.

I can hear the difference too. :) I use analog synths for analog sounds and digital synths for digital sounds. Strange huh?

lol
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

IncarnateX wrote:
budweiser wrote:Must be system related, because they're not in mines ! :hihi:
Mines? Like coal-mines? Now why would you play these videos down in some mines in the first place?
Lol :hihi:. Tipo. I thought "mine", of course.

Try to emulate the sounds in the video with another analogue synth of a different brand, and see how close you get with that. What's the point... every synth sounds different.

Some nice sounds there though.

Nice sounds.

But can it emulate my beloved Synth1 ? Highly doubt it... :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Let's see an analogue synth emulate the default preset in NI Razor. Then I'll be impressed.
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Another very good example here.

Analog Bass: 1:22 - 1:40

Heard about 50 million and one software synths.

Never heard one that could replicate THAT kind of character, let alone perfectly.

(And the sound in that clip is already digitized too, probably even compressed. This means in a SynthOut->AmpIn scenario the analog character would be all the more pronounced.)

danbroad wrote:Let's see an analogue synth emulate the default preset in NI Razor. Then I'll be impressed.
I don't think anyone is arguing that analog can sound digital ...

God analog is so boring. I wish people would stop trying to emulate it and move on.

Sorry but I love digital warmth.

Every sound is just a waveform in the end, thus it can be reproduced by analog system as well as digital.

I agree that some of recordings you linked are impressive, but that's only a proof that digital synth developers are not smart enough to reproduce this, not that's completely impossible ;)
Also, an attempt to emulate nonlinearity, saturation or (thermal) noise in analog circutry with digital numbers is always handicaped to begin with. Every engineer knows that some things are better solved in analog or in digital and there's little point to enforce one as another.

Another theory: it is possible to reproduce analog sound with digital synth, but it's not profitable as digital synths are generally cheaper and can be cracked, unlike analog devices. So professionals (especially in teams) who could really cut it are not interested in doing so ;)
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Instruments”