Your VSTi sounds analog? - OK then emulate this!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IMO your opinion concerning real analog synths should be based on your own experience with it and not based on a YouTube video posted by someone else or a comparison posted by someone else.

I guess you mentioned you got some analog synths you don't use so what about using them again? If not you could also try to play one of the newer analog synths at the music shop of your choice.

If you want to stay with software Díva could be a good choice indeed, especially with the upcoming v1.3 update.

Just my 2 cents...

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

HanafiH wrote:When, in 1997, the AN1X was launched, Yamaha invited all the best known professional musicians using the P5 to a presentation, where an original P5 and an AN1X were put behind a screen. The deal offered was that any musician who could consistently identify the real P5 from the AN1X could have an AN1X for free. Nobody won. That's when digital first bettered real analogue, fifteen years ago, everything else since is mouth farting.
WHAT?!! That is definately a HOAX. As soon as they would have opened the Filter every Analog Freak with little experience would have recognised the AN1x.

Ingonator wrote:IMO your opinion concerning real analog synths should be based on your own experience with it and not based on a YouTube video posted by someone else or a comparison posted by someone else.
Your repetitive applications of your own preferences and standards to what people should and shouldn't do are starting to get to me Ingo. So what I think you should do is to stick to what you like to do yourself and get off my back. Otherwise I may slip a thing or two from my typing hands that will hurt your precious little ego and we all know how that is going to end. Green?

This any closer?

Take2

(Oberkorn first)

hakey wrote:This any closer?

Take2

(Oberkorn first)
In my ears no and yes. No because the part of the bass with closed filter is a little dull compared to the original. The decay of the initial attack also sounds somewhat softer to me. Yes because the part wwhere the filter is open sounds closer than before. Good Work.

hakey wrote:This any closer?

Take2

(Oberkorn first)
Closer than mine ;)

hakey wrote:Take 3 ?
Seems closer.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

hehehe, I guess one would have a hard time getting much closer with the exact original setup...

Well I am not going to dare a blind test on this one. Amazing! So I guess it is time for me to get the DIVA.

Can I have a special discount for initiating this challenge Urs? Also, I could start weekly emulation flamewars to keep the PR going or just piss somebody off you don't like?

This just makes me long for the Diva update :x
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

PAK wrote:
Timfonie wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Another very good example
Analog Bass: 1:22 - 1:40
Heard about 50 million and one software synths.
Never heard one that could replicate THAT kind of character, let alone perfectly.
Monark can come close. Ingo Weidner has made an example of a very analog sounding synthbass made with Monark. Unfortunately he has removed it.
I think Monark stands up fine.
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3754 ... Monark.mp3
No offense, but thats pretty far off.

I can get significantly closer with the ARP 2600, as you can hear here.

(BTW, thats V1.2 from 2007, which some people consider old and outdated and obsolete.)

So whats the problem then, if getting that close is not a problem? Well, the problem (if you want to call it that) is that it required both Bass and Treble EQing to get there because the synth itself does not actually have that tonal character. In other words you have to 'fake' it or its a complete no-go.

vurt wrote:beleive me, ive spent a great deal of time with psychologists over the years.
Tell me, how does that make you feel?

bmrzycki wrote:
vurt wrote:beleive me, ive spent a great deal of time with psychologists over the years.
why do you ask how does that make you feel?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

bmrzycki wrote:
well doctor, i guess youve never been a 13 year old girl.

Return to “Instruments”