Your VSTi sounds analog? - OK then emulate this!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VitaminD wrote:I thought this site was about synthesizers and audio software and not about your difficulties interacting with one another due to conflicting personalities.. :help:
its whatever we want it to be!
its like wonderland!

beware of the jabberwocky!

speaking of which i took tea with alice and the hatter today :)
well, i had a blt and a can of coke.
then nipped to vulcan on the 22.

i do it occassionally if the weather is nice :)

hakey wrote: Dunno. Why mention it in the first place? Not the kind of behaviour I'd expect from a genuine associate professor of psychology. You'd think a serious academic and a psychologist would display a basic level of self awareness, not to say gravitas, dignity...

Given what we've seen of you, it all seems a bit far fetched. :shrug:

I actually understand your argument and it may also be a slip of tongue for me to expose what I am beyond KVR. You see IncarnateX is an alter-ego that is supposed to be rather remote from my daily self who has to live up to a lot of professional responsibilities. I deal with kids with ADHD and Autism and just about all things I do have to be carefully arranged and methodically and ethically well founded. Now KVR is the only "place" on this earth where I allow myself to get some steam of my chest, enter some silly and unserious discussions and act like an idiot once in a while.

However, beyond the provoking and attention seeking title, I really meant this thread to be an interesting challenge to especially developers who would like to make some serious PR for their emulations. Obviously I was wrong, so now we are back to the acting out phase..... so what do say? Shall we get to it and go for a round more you self-twisted piece of crap?

vurt wrote:definition 1, he was suggesting your delusions where based on an emotional bias toward analogue ;)

i not saying he was right, im saying the word he used is indeed correct in context.
beleive me, ive spent a great deal of time with psychologists over the years.
Psychosomatic doesn't work in this context, imo - 'confirmation bias' seems closer to what he (probably) meant.

vurt wrote:definition 1, he was suggesting your delusions where based on an emotional bias toward analogue ;).
Sorry Vurt but it doesn't compute. If you use the word psychosomatic, you are implying that there are some physical bodily reactions caused by mental states. A delusion is not defined as a physical reaction but indeed as a mental state. So what you are saying is just that one mental state (bias toward analogues) leads to another (delusions). If the bias against analogue would have caused some kind of physical symptoms like stomach wounds, it would be a psychosomatic reaction.
Last edited by IncarnateX on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

hakey wrote:
vurt wrote:definition 1, he was suggesting your delusions where based on an emotional bias toward analogue ;)

i not saying he was right, im saying the word he used is indeed correct in context.
Psychosomatic doesn't work in this context, imo - 'confirmation bias' seems closer to what he (probably) meant.

based on emotions instilled by the mere word analogue?
what do i know, im not the psychic here, i dont read minds.
im just guessing at whatever, whoever said the word, was thinking. :hihi:

IncarnateX wrote:I really meant this thread to be an interesting challenge to especially developers who would like to make some serious PR for their emulations.
Fair enough. It's an incendiary subject and provocation, however well intended, was only ever going to end one way.

fwiw, I tried to match your clip with Diva and got close - couldn't get it quite as spitty/punchy or zingy (sharp, spitty attacks are one thing that Diva doesn't quite do, imo). Might have got closer but had a blue screen crash.

vurt wrote:based on emotions instilled by the mere word analogue?
ah, umm, I give up ... swap 'psychosomatic delusions' for 'confirmation bias' and it makes sense, of a kind. :?

i am indeed wrong. incarnatex is indeed correct, i dunno how i got mixed up and even when presented with the wiki stuff still missed "physical" its one of those things even though i did know it, something wouldnt click in my head... :oops:

vurt wrote:its one of those things even though i did know it, something wouldnt click in my head... :oops:
That is how I feel every morning with regard to who I am and where I am!

I think it is just called "aging" so let us not worry to much about it.

Spending a great deal of time with psychologists over the years doesn't make you more of an expert in psychology than it makes someone who has seen lots of doctors an expert in medicine...

And why not simply acknowledging you were wrong and didn't know what you were talking about while trying to give a lesson to someone instead of putting on a whole little show to try to let us believe nothing like that had happened.

Certainly something to speak about with your current psychologist next time you see him/her although I am pretty sure he/she's onto it already...

vurt wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I thought this site was about synthesizers and audio software and not about your difficulties interacting with one another due to conflicting personalities.. :help:
its whatever we want it to be!
its like wonderland!
Or a cesspool of ego.. :shrug:

WARNING: Analog gear can indeed lead to psychosomatic reactions.

People touching analog gear like Juno have been seen getting attack of sweating or tremor.

It still isn't clear if it's because of their sound or because of their price...

A patient at my local surgery, a notorious and somewhat neurotic hypochondriac, was told that her latest round of tests had come back negative and that the only remaining possibility was that her symptoms were due to a psychosomatic illness. Visibly taken aback, she replied: "Oh my God! Is it serious?"

eidenk wrote:

Spending a great deal of time with psychologists over the years doesn't make you more of an expert in psychology than it makes someone who has seen lots of doctors an expert in medicine...

And why not simply acknowledging you were wrong and didn't know what you were talking about while trying to give a lesson to someone instead of putting on a whole little show to try to let us believe nothing like that had happened.

Certainly something to speak about with your current psychologist next time you see him/her although I am pretty sure he/she's onto it already...

you got me, im an idiot :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”