UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mello UVI Workstation

EvilDragon wrote:That one is a given, iLok however is not a given.
Facebook / Twitter is also not a given.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

EvilDragon wrote:Their demos are not iLok. They could've done the same with this freebie.
IMO it is obvious that this is a bait to get users to upgrade their iLok manager ;)

Also seeing that UVI is giving away free iLoks at the moment

And I'm glad I bit the bait, because the new iLok manager works A LOT better for me than the old way of doing it.

Unfortunately getting script errors in the UVI engine when I load patches. I'm on UVI 2.0.9, but I guess I need to update it yet again to be able to get away with it running error free.

But this is nevertheless a freebie that is worth the hassle, in addition to fine sounds, it got a cool FX section that adds lots of colour :tu:

I tried installing UVIs workstation yesterday. It wanted to install PACE after installing the plugin. There is no mention of this on the UVI download page. Deleted.

I guess I'll make a habit out of it contacting EVERY company that is throwing around freebies through Twatter and FaceCrook, why the "regular" users are left out.

I have enough maintenance and "work" to do with GS, KVR and my own page already. Why should I sign up with anoter "community" (that's not even a community)?

Let's see what the answer will be.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

thecontrolcentre wrote:I tried installing UVIs workstation yesterday. It wanted to install PACE after installing the plugin. There is no mention of this on the UVI download page. Deleted.
Yeah it is the sneaky f**ker way round. I mean it doesn't bother me personally as I'm lok'd up already but I do think it would make a whole lot more damned sense for every potential user if it simply asked to install the PACE stuff first or better still simply have the prerequisite black and white, Clear as crystal on the download page mate

Maybe I like things too simple though

Hi guys,

As told by some of you, we currently propose this crazy FREE ILOK deal.
Please have a look --> http://blog.uvi.net/sounds-instruments/uvi-free-ilok/
So feel free to take advantage of this !!

Regarding UVI Workstation, we advice all of you to update to the latest version v2.1.5
--> http://www.uvi.net/en/software/uvi-workstation.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers

macmurphy wrote: got hold of the wrong end of the dongle..erm.. stick.
No worries :D

UVI Doctor wrote:Hi guys,

As told by some of you, we currently propose this crazy FREE ILOK deal.
Please have a look --> http://blog.uvi.net/sounds-instruments/uvi-free-ilok/
So feel free to take advantage of this !!

Regarding UVI Workstation, we advice all of you to update to the latest version v2.1.5
--> http://www.uvi.net/en/software/uvi-workstation.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks for the Melo but your "FREE iLok" promo is heavily misleading, because there is no "free iLok". It's a free coupon when you BUY an iLok good to use with the the software you sell. But anyone can say anything nowadays in order to sell, can't he? :roll:

With Mello we've aimed to deliver a complete and authentic recreation of this prolific instrument. Dozens of original tapes were multi-sampled on 3 different machines in order to give you the best representation of each of the 28 available sounds. To capture the live experience the key noise and inner mechanical sounds were stereo recorded, including tape noise and key-off sounds, and are all mixable to taste.

To make Mello even more versatile we've added a few tricks of our own, including an analog-modeled tape delay, reverb, a custom unison mode to give you stereo sound without unwanted transposition or chorusing, a switchable multimode filter, a 3-band EQ and more.

Mello delivers a warm and buttery tone indistinguishable from the original and is, in every way we could make it, a perfect tribute to the quintessential studio instrument of the 60's.

Mello is not free, not even cheap!!!!!! :x :nutter: :tantrum:

:party: :lol: :D
"It dreamed itself along"

thecontrolcentre wrote:I tried installing UVIs workstation yesterday. It wanted to install PACE after installing the plugin. There is no mention of this on the UVI download page. Deleted.
Any plugin that require iLok does that.

So why do you need to make a point about it?

Compyfox wrote:Don't have anything against iLok.

But I have SERIOUS ISSUES with the FaceCrook and Twatter Following to lure people into giving away their data.

Why can't these clowns do it like the old way? Homepage, sign up for Mailing List - get the link. Done!

I hate FaceCrook and Twatter!
Me too. I've got UVI Player and a library installed, but I'm not going to use facebook or Twitter. There's only one "like" for fb, and that's like hell.

donato wrote:WOW. Glad I saw this thread. I didn't see any advertisements. Anyway, BEST...FREEBIE...EVER! It's a 1.11 GB download, when you open it, it has 12 loaded files with 3 presets each. So a total of 36 presets. Excellent quality and tweakable parameters.
Yes, you get:
-Flutes & Oboe
-Strings
-Choirs
-Church Organs
-Guitars
-Cellos & Violas
-Brass, Clarinet, Sax
-Vibes & Celesta, Choir
-Piano, Harp, Strings
-Guitar, Piano, Vibra
-Space Choirs
-Alternative

And as it is easy to build and blend multipatches, these blocks can create lots of sounds.

FLWrd wrote:Me too. I've got UVI Player and a library installed, but I'm not going to use facebook or Twitter. There's only one "like" for fb, and that's like hell.
Maybe if people complain enough through official channels (read: support), something will change in the future.

I just got a mail for example by WavesFactory - also stating "like us and get a 40% discount for out products".

I mean... WTF?!
I already get the ML and yet I do not apply to get a discount?!

"To get the community together in one place" (general answer)
Hello?! GearSlutz and KVR are already in one place.

But what do I know.

Numanoid wrote:
Any plugin that require iLok does that.

So why do you need to make a point about it?
Why do you care? :roll: I mentioned it because I was not aware PACE was needed. It is not mentioned on UVI workstation download page. I doubt I am alone in this.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I mentioned it because I was not aware PACE was needed. It is not mentioned on UVI workstation download page. I doubt I am alone in this.
I believe it is quite CLEARLY stated on UVI page that iLok is needed to run the library. And logically that lock "service" also needs some sort of installing right?!

Complaining about Pace being installed with UVI, is like if you were installing Komplete Free version and then getting paranoid and quitting that when it starts installing the NI service center :roll:

This thread is just pure balony by the way, I believe 3-4 posts are about the actual library, the rest is either complaints about iLok, Facebook or Twitter

If you can't handle iLok, Facebook or Twitter, then why do users posts :help:

As you said yourself:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Why? If it pisses you off so much why are you even reading it, never mind posting.

Return to “Instruments”