UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mello UVI Workstation

ZINO wrote:Just don't download it and move on with your life.
Believe it or not that's exactly what i did. :shock:

Numanoid wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:I was talking about uvi workstation NOT mello. And I wasnt talkong abouy facebook either.
As you once told me, I ask you now to stop your trolling.

Open up a separate thread about it, if you can't handle it.

It's not just UVI who does this by the way.

If you download the free Komplete Players, you need to install the NI Service Center with drivers and have to activate that software online.
I know all that. My point was that I had downloaded and installed UVI workstation before being informed it required PACE. If that info was on their download page I could have saved myself the trouble. Not trolling or complaining. Just passing on my experience to others without ilok/PACE ... sorry you cant handle it. (joke) :P

donato wrote:If you don't like it because you don't have a computer, don't have Facebook or don't have an iLok...too bad. That's unfortunate. It really is. But UVI and other companies don't owe you ANYTHING in cases like this- especially not for a FREE item!
Oh, a bit touchy, aren't we?

Thankfully I do have a computer, I have an iLok and I have a brain.
So I'm actually quite good - thank you.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

donato wrote:If you don't like it because you don't have a computer, don't have Facebook or don't have an iLok...too bad. That's unfortunate. It really is. But UVI and other companies don't owe you ANYTHING in cases like this- especially not for a FREE item!
Yep, anything that a company pays advertising for to give away for free is most likely going to have a catch.

I didn't have any issues. I don't if they fixed it or it was just user error.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just got around to testing it out...

Great sounding samples and instrument, plenty of parameters for tweaking and a high quality GUI. definitely commercial grade stuff and as a freebie {time limited or not} it is superb! Definitely leaves me with the impression that UVI stuff is high quality so I'd consider the promotion a success ?

thanks again.

Does anyone know, will there be a 'full' version of Mello and this was just a publicity stunt to get facebook likes? If yes, what will be the differences??

dalor wrote:Does anyone know, will there be a 'full' version of Mello and this was just a publicity stunt to get facebook likes? If yes, what will be the differences??
my question as well. seems weird they'd offer such a great package without a bigger picture eventually? i think they'll probably offer 4 times the samples for around $199 in the next month or two (given their
pricing perhaps $299? $399?). even if the presets are few here, they are the best mellotron i've heard. simply put it is stunning. sorry for gushing for a feeble, but this is insane!

donato wrote:
dalor wrote:Does anyone know, will there be a 'full' version of Mello and this was just a publicity stunt to get facebook likes? If yes, what will be the differences??
my question as well. seems weird they'd offer such a great package without a bigger picture eventually? i think they'll probably offer 4 times the samples for around $199 in the next month or two (given their
pricing perhaps $299? $399?). even if the presets are few here, they are the best mellotron i've heard. simply put it is stunning. sorry for gushing for a feeble, but this is insane!
I'm not surprised, I have MachFive v3 and several UVI soundbanks and their quality is top notch. Not trying to sound like advertising, just IMO. Would be good to know about future plans of Mello, if there are any?

i know what you mean. i don't want to sound too "pro-company" or whatever either. in a perfect world i'd like those that complained here about the ilok or fb to have the product and tell us their impressions. if i owned uvi i would send them an ilok or give them a non-fb account and let them try the product. then ask for their honest opinions. because this product stands on its own as the best of the best for the amount given.

Isn't it stated pretty clearly that the offer is "limited time only". My thinking is that they did this to show people the quality of UVI instruments, perhaps, because people are always complaining about the lack of demos for such high price products.

My guess is that the price will be $99, that's usually what they've sold their single instruments for. I could be wrong...the E-MU stuff was $199, though.

By the way, they've released a Facebook freebie before: the Analog Piano 09, which is based on the toy-like Roland EP-09 electronic "piano". http://www.uvi.net/uvi_analogic-piano-09_en.php

MrDuke wrote:
Isn't it stated pretty clearly that the offer is "limited time only". My thinking is that they did this to show people the quality of UVI instruments, perhaps, because people are always complaining about the lack of demos for such high price products.

My guess is that the price will be $99, that's usually what they've sold their single instruments for. I could be wrong...the E-MU stuff was $199, though.

By the way, they've released a Facebook freebie before: the Analog Piano 09, which is based on the toy-like Roland EP-09 electronic "piano". http://www.uvi.net/uvi_analogic-piano-09_en.php
"Limited time only" doesn't imply there will be a "PRO" version released shortly after with more patches and more features (or whatever), I was just curious that's all. Who would buy the same library for $99 if it was released once for free? Can people then sell their license shortly after and make money from a free version they got :hihi: - so what's the deal with this free version? Regardless, it's very generous of UVI, so thanks to UVI for this!

dalor wrote:
MrDuke wrote:

"Limited time only" doesn't imply there will be a "PRO" version released shortly after with more patches and more features (or whatever), I was just curious that's all. Who would buy the same library for $99 if it was released once for free? Can people then sell their license shortly after and make money from a free version they got :hihi: - so what's the deal with this free version? Regardless, it's very generous of UVI, so thanks to UVI for this!
well, the ilok version is NFR stated on the ilok license- so that isn't happening.

Return to “Instruments”