UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mello UVI Workstation

So I clicked the ad here on KVR, got transported to the facebook page, liked it.
New page pops up with 'download here' link. Click, nothing. Right click, save as, 'download.html' or some such destination. Seems like you need to click to generate a coupon, does this mean you need a UVI account first?

Go back to open an account and read the features info on the UVI Mello page...requires iLok. Option to apply for FREE iLok...er, no thanks.

Pity. Would have been a 'nice to have'.

Sorry dude, it aint so easy, after liking, you need to solve this:
First of all, make sure you have an iLok key (see our FREE iLok offer > http://bit.ly/uvi-freeilok) to hold and protect your software licenses, and create a free iLok account (www.ilok.com)

Now you're ready to go!

1. Copy the serial number below to your clipboard
2. Go to www.uvi.net and create an account (if you don't have one)
3. Go to www.uvi.net/register
Paste your serial number and enter your iLok user ID

DONE! Now go grab your FREE download of Mello : Account Menu > Downloads

Yup, i got caught by the catch! :D

Got my serial, now just this is left:

1. Download and install the last iLok License Manager
2. Launch the app and log into your account by entering your User ID and password
3. Plug your iLok dongle into your computer (then this one should be listed at left part)
4. Go to the Available tab
5. Drag and drop the pending license to your iLok dongle
6. Wait until the process ends successfully

Wow that's nothing right? :D :P

1. Download and install the last iLok License Manager
Now I get it! This freebie is a way to lure users to install the latest iLok Manager.

There has been a big problem with that not working as I understand?:
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/06/i ... ain-mixed/

I heard about Mello first time in this thread. I already have SampleTron but it's still stupid 32bit so I've been looking alternative to it. This seems like a perfect replacement! Thanks xalama go!

I truly love mellotron sounds mostly because I love progressive rock so much. Bands like Genesis and King Crimson really showed what it's cabable for. I think I have to post a song from youtube to show why mellotron is so important for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zume7gCo3_4

Don't have anything against iLok.

But I have SERIOUS ISSUES with the FaceCrook and Twatter Following to lure people into giving away their data.

Why can't these clowns do it like the old way? Homepage, sign up for Mailing List - get the link. Done!

I hate FaceCrook and Twatter!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Coupon would like to access your public profile, friend list, email address and birthday.
:?:

Vertti wrote:...so I've been looking alternative to it. This seems like a perfect replacement! Thanks xalama go!
My pleasure sir! I'm sure it will be great, UVI do awesome sounding stuff. It's dongled and pricey, but that's my problem, not theirs.

xalama qo wrote:
Vertti wrote:...so I've been looking alternative to it. This seems like a perfect replacement! Thanks xalama go!
My pleasure sir! I'm sure it will be great, UVI do awesome sounding stuff. It's dongled and pricey, but that's my problem, not theirs.
Yeah I truly agree. Too bad it's so pricey I have only bought some cheap clavinet samples of their for that reason. I've always wanted to buy the Complete Toy Museum and the IRCAM Prepared Piano sure looks tasty too. But atm it's just dreaming really.

Now installing the new iLok Manager. I hope it works, I really do.

Dongle and the iLok manager virus required for a freebie....kiss my ass...... :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

not a fail at all. i tired of people moaning about facebook. the simple answer is don't put any sensitive information on there. it's not f**king rocket science for heavens sake.

macmurphy wrote:it's not f**king rocket science for heavens sake.
Well, neither is getting hold of a Mellotron emulation.

Get Redtron for christ sake

Numanoid wrote:
Get Redtron for christ sake
already have it for god's sake :D

Yes, it is! (Rocket Science)

The fact that people are forked over to join an US gov monitored community (which is worse than the STASI back in the day - and no matter how much time you invest to stay "private", you still aren't!), that these companies want to access your private files and what not - this is a concerning thing.

Just to get more popular on FaceCrook and Twatter is a slap in the face. Companies these days only do freebies through these channels, while people that are not on these platforms are ultimately left out. Are they not worth as possible customers, or if they are customers already... they're obviously worth a damn!

Granted, you don't need to go for it - but it's still a slap in the face considering all the things that happened in the last couple of weeks regarding the "big brother incidents", and the reveal that FaceCrook is actually just was worse as Google a couple of years ago.

I could bitch as much towards NineVolt Audio with their last freebie. BUT... I gladly paid Kyle C 5USD to get an elseway freebie set if I don't have to sign up with either of these pages just to get "access" to a tool, then have to register at their page anyway, have an iLok account (that I have already) and an USB stick (ditto) just to actually use it! And I actually showed my support with those 5USD to keep on working.

Data collecting good and fine, but it's time to draw a line.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Return to “Instruments”