Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
otristan
KVRAF

1829 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Postby otristan; Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 am

Hi,

A few words about our current offer.

It happens that AgoraPulse, the application we use on FB to run the Mello campaign, asks for access to some private informations. Still, we aren't using these informations. It's just mandatory for the application to work.

As specified in our Privacy Policy document, we are committed to protect all of our customer's privacy rights.
Please be sure that your private life is one of the things that matter most to us.

By the way, the Mello is really free, there are no related conditions nor hidden terms besides requiring an iLok dongle and the free UVI Workstation
A NFR serial number will be given that you will simply have to register via your UVI account.

Don't hesitate to contact us on our online contact form if you have any further questions .

Regards,
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:37 am

I allowed it to access my FB stuff, registered and downloaded mello, then deleted coupon app from my FB and removed all its privileges. Haven't tested it yet and maybe I won't get to now cause I plan to ditch ilok, but demos sound good. :tu:
VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!

8611 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:18 pm

I somehow missed this thread back in September.. however Musicians Friend (USA Store) is supposedly giving it away after their month-long giveaways are done.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/re ... entry-form
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
sprnva
KVRian

1181 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Postby sprnva; Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:38 am

Just got an email from UVI and it seems they're now supporting computer-based iLok activation.

I went to the Mello page and it seems you can now use computer-based iLok activation for it. Gonna check it out soon when I can get to my DAW.

Just need SoundToys to do the same and I'll be able to start using my Little MicroShift freebie.
bailees7irish
KVRAF

2682 posts since 30 Mar, 2007, from In and Out Burger

Postby bailees7irish; Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:46 am

sprnva wrote:Just got an email from UVI and it seems they're now supporting computer-based iLok activation.

I went to the Mello page and it seems you can now use computer-based iLok activation for it. Gonna check it out soon when I can get to my DAW.

Just need SoundToys to do the same and I'll be able to start using my Little MicroShift freebie.
:tu:
[Insert Signature Here]
sprnva
KVRian

Postby sprnva; Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:47 am

Actually no dice just yet. Computer activation isn't available in the iLok Licence Manager. Maybe it takes a little time for the change to kick in? The Mello page clearly shows it's now an option.
sergevoluminous
KVRist

265 posts since 8 Mar, 2004, from Southeastern Massachusetts

Postby sergevoluminous; Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:53 am

Computer activation is available. I had grabbed the serial number a while back and activated it just now. Works perfect.
sprnva
KVRian

Postby sprnva; Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:58 am

Maybe I have to have Mello installed first. I'm still downloading the newest UVI Workstation.

At least I know it's supposed to work.

Update: Nope. After installing the latest UVI Workstation and the Mello bank the computer icons for both licences are still greyed out. If I try to activate it says only an iLok key is valid.

Unless it doesn't apply to licences activated before this computer-based method kicked in? I activated my keys when I got them. They've just been lying idle in my iLok account since.
Last edited by sprnva on Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
robogone
KVRAF

21384 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Gone

Postby robogone; Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:18 am

Is the Mello actually worth all of this hassle? I already have the IKM/Squids one which is fine, so would only be interested if this is something really exceptional.
otristan
KVRAF

1829 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Postby otristan; Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:36 am

sprnva wrote:Actually no dice just yet. Computer activation isn't available in the iLok Licence Manager. Maybe it takes a little time for the change to kick in? The Mello page clearly shows it's now an option.

This is only available for newly acquired Mello.(since a couple of days)
Please contact our support see if they can arrange something for you.

Regards,
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net
sprnva
KVRian

Postby sprnva; Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks for the info Olivier. I'll do that.

Guess I should ask SoundToys as well.
donato
KVRian

565 posts since 8 Nov, 2003

Postby donato; Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:45 am

robojam wrote:Is the Mello actually worth all of this hassle? I already have the IKM/Squids one which is fine, so would only be interested if this is something really exceptional.

I don't know about the Squids one, but I have IK Sampletron and Mello is a tremendous upgrade from a quality point of view to me. You don't have near the number of sounds, but they all sound so much better. Keep in mind I like Sampletron as well.
Burillo
KVRAF

2782 posts since 15 Nov, 2006, from Hell

Postby Burillo; Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:00 am

Mello is miles better than SampleTron for those devices that it emulates. But keep in mind that Mello is a proper multisampled library with scripts an' everything, while SampleTron is older and is based on sample engine created back in the day when 640K was enough for everyone. it's not quite a fair comparison. that said, SampleTron is great for what it does as well.
From Russia with love
Compyfox
KVRAF

14259 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:06 am Re: UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

So to those that hated the FaceCrook release, UVI is giving away Mello again for free, limited time offer for KVR users. It's in the background of the index page.

Unfortunately to those that loathe CP schemes however, since the iLok system (license on the HDD or USB key) is mandatory. But in return, the samples are totally worth it.

I only find the GUI a tiny bit too small.
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]
Numanoid
KVRAF

25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:29 pm Re: UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

UVI24MELLO is the code, if that ad should not appear, I had to dig a bit to see it ;)

Already got it the first time around, now that no iLok dongle is required, and licence can be stored on the computer like Steinberg's e-licencer, there is no excuse not to get it, sounds really good :tu:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments