Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
reusenoise
KVRian

785 posts since 23 Oct, 2009, from Italy

Postby reusenoise; Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:49 am

Teksonik wrote:Dongle and the iLok manager virus required for a freebie....kiss my ass...... :roll:

.....and say goodbay :D
Vertti
KVRist

203 posts since 28 Jul, 2012

Postby Vertti; Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:56 am

This is wierd. Everything went fine and what not but now when I'm loading the Mello patches in Mach5 it says:

"This script was created with a more recent version of MachFiveScript: 6.
Please upgrade your software."

Well my version is 3.1.4 x64 and it seems to be the newest. Anyone else has this same problem?

It seems to work just fine so maybe it's nothing but still a bit puzzling.
otristan
KVRAF

1829 posts since 28 Mar, 2005

Postby otristan; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 am

Vertti wrote:This is wierd. Everything went fine and what not but now when I'm loading the Mello patches in Mach5 it says:

Well my version is 3.1.4 x64 and it seems to be the newest. Anyone else has this same problem?

It's indeed a false warning. Presets was created with a newer version of M5.
We will fix this quickly.

Sorry about that.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net
Vertti
KVRist

203 posts since 28 Jul, 2012

Postby Vertti; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:12 am

otristan wrote:
Vertti wrote:This is wierd. Everything went fine and what not but now when I'm loading the Mello patches in Mach5 it says:

It's indeed a false warning. Presets was created with a newer version of M5.
We will fix this quickly.

Sorry about that.

Aah okay, thank you for the quick answer.

I'm happy to tell you that Mello sounds gorgeous. Much better than SampleTron. One of the best freebies ever imo! Only problem is that there seems to be hanging notes. I'm in Windows 7 64bit Studio One Producer and like I said Mach5 3.1.4.

Edit. Well no more hanging notes, maybe the reason was that I was using the S1's internal qwerty-keyboard but now when I changed to my midi-keyboard everything has worked just fine.
Last edited by Vertti on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
donato
KVRian

565 posts since 8 Nov, 2003

Postby donato; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:16 am

WOW. Glad I saw this thread. I didn't see any advertisements. Anyway, BEST...FREEBIE...EVER! It's a 1.11 GB download, when you open it, it has 12 loaded files with 3 presets each. So a total of 36 presets. Excellent quality and tweakable parameters. Blows Sampletron out of the water. I'd go as far to say the quality is so good, it's worth buying an iLok!
EvilDragon
KVRAF

16196 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:19 am

So it's not quite a freebie if you have to buy an iLok, for those who don't have it...
donato
KVRian

Postby donato; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:20 am

EvilDragon wrote:So it's not quite a freebie if you have to buy an iLok, for those who don't have it...

That's correct. You also need a computer to run it on (also not free).
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:21 am

That one is a given, iLok however is not a given.
budweiser
KVRian

1011 posts since 14 Oct, 2006, from france

Postby budweiser; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:24 am

Vertti wrote:I'm happy to tell you that Mello sounds gorgeous. Much better than SampleTron. One of the best freebies ever imo! Only problem is that there seems to be hanging notes. I'm in Windows 7 64bit Studio One Producer and like I said Mach5 3.1.4.

I disagree about sampletron, but a really cool freebie and usable instrument ! Thank you uvi ! :)
donato
KVRian

Postby donato; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:25 am

EvilDragon wrote:That one is a given, iLok however is not a given.

Haha. Yeah, I was just joking. Well, all of their products are iLok, so it's not like they're trying to trick people. It's just the way they do business.
xalama qo
KVRian

1114 posts since 7 Jun, 2007

Postby xalama qo; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:25 am

macmurphy wrote:not a fail at all. i tired of people moaning about facebook. the simple answer is don't put any sensitive information on there. it's not f**king rocket science for heavens sake.

I wasn't singling out Facebook as the 'fail', it was more the download process freeze, and then discovering the iLok bit. I have a Facebook account, specifically for access to the FB offers and giveaways, so I've come to accept that some devs want to go the FB route. But in this particular case the download link didn't work (maybe it's a Chrome thing?), and then in an effort to problem solve I discovered I'd need an iLok.

It's my personal decision to avoid any dongles, so for me it was a no go. I have nothing in particular against any of them, but I'd rather register something to my harddrive than have hardware dongles sticking out of it.

It's easier to lose a USB stick than an entire laptop!
Numanoid
KVRAF

25934 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:32 am

donato wrote:You also need a computer to run it on (also not free).

+1 Crystal VST might be freeware, but you need a computer to run it, true :D
EvilDragon
KVRAF

Postby EvilDragon; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 am

donato wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:That one is a given, iLok however is not a given.

Haha. Yeah, I was just joking. Well, all of their products are iLok, so it's not like they're trying to trick people. It's just the way they do business.

Their demos are not iLok. They could've done the same with this freebie.

Which only leads me to believe that these are going to be "free" for only a limited amount of time.
macmurphy
KVRAF

2645 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Postby macmurphy; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:38 am

yeah it's a limited time offer.
macmurphy
KVRAF

2645 posts since 21 Jul, 2004

Postby macmurphy; Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 am

xalama qo wrote:
macmurphy wrote:not a fail at all. i tired of people moaning about facebook. the simple answer is don't put any sensitive information on there. it's not f**king rocket science for heavens sake.

I wasn't singling out Facebook as the 'fail', it was more the download process freeze, and then discovering the iLok bit. I have a Facebook account, specifically for access to the FB offers and giveaways, so I've come to accept that some devs want to go the FB route. But in this particular case the download link didn't work (maybe it's a Chrome thing?), and then in an effort to problem solve I discovered I'd need an iLok.

It's my personal decision to avoid any dongles, so for me it was a no go. I have nothing in particular against any of them, but I'd rather register something to my harddrive than have hardware dongles sticking out of it.

It's easier to lose a USB stick than an entire laptop!

right, i see. i got hold of the wrong end of the dongle..erm.. stick.

my apologies.

neil.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments