UVI Mello Free via Facebook...fail

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mello UVI Workstation

This is by far the best Mellotron 'emulation', finally with some random pitch, pan and key/tape/mechanical noise that make the difference. It's insane great quality - for free! Wow..

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gotta admire Ilok and its supporters. Not only are we going to force an unstable protection scheme on you that may at any point render our very expensive products unusable with no recourse, but we are going to make you pay for it. What's next Apple deciding that your Mac will no longer function if you don't connect your Ipad to it? GM selling retinal scanners without which your car won't unlock? The NSA charging us 50 bucks to attach a mandatory spy dongle to every computer?

We are already locked in to hardware: your network card and its unique MAC address. Without internet most software will not activate or update.

bigcat1969 wrote:Gotta admire Ilok and its supporters. Not only are we going to force an unstable protection scheme on you that may at any point render our very expensive products unusable with no recourse, but we are going to make you pay for it. What's next Apple deciding that your Mac will no longer function if you don't connect your Ipad to it? GM selling retinal scanners without which your car won't unlock? The NSA charging us 50 bucks to attach a mandatory spy dongle to every computer?
Troll.

They want too much information to get this for free... not interested.

Looks cool, but I rather pick up M-Tron Pro.

elxsound wrote:They want too much information to get this for free... not interested.

Yeah you need an iLok and UVI account and they ask for your contact details. It's annoying. Use a tool like LastPass or Roboformto fill out all web form fields, one click, done ;)

I have accounts with both UVI and iLok, it took 20 minutes from like to download to install.
Last edited by dalor on Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

If I didn't have M-Tron Pro by the good folks at G-Force then I'd no doubt of grabbed it. I could use the iLok 2 as I've yet to bother updating from the numerous blue and red version 1 iLok I have. If it was a cut down toy museum then would of had it, Ah well.

Dalor even though I just use shitbook and titties to tweet already, Thanks for the head's up on those two tools that could come in very handy dude :tu:

All the best and to all as always :)

Dean

dalor wrote:
elxsound wrote:They want too much information to get this for free... not interested.

Yeah you need an iLok and UVI account and they ask for your contact details. It's annoying. Use a tool like LastPass or Roboformto fill out all web form fields, one click, done ;)

I have accounts with both UVI and iLok, it took 20 minutes from like to download to install.
I think you misunderstand... Liking the product page is one thing, but the facebook app "coupon" asks to know additional information such as access to the public profile (which is fine), but it also wants the friends list, email address and birthdate. Why is this information necessary and in what way will this be used?

As for iLok, I have an iLok (which I don't use, so might as well keep it that way). I don't have a UVI account, but I've liked what what they've been coming out with, but just don't have a need for anything they've put out yet since I have other sample libraries and software that duplicate most things (I'm interested in). Toy museum would be cool though.

elxsound wrote:I think you misunderstand... Liking the product page is one thing, but the facebook app "coupon" asks to know additional information such as access to the public profile (which is fine), but it also wants the friends list, email address and birthdate. Why is this information necessary and in what way will this be used?
Isn't it ironic to be on facebook and be concerned about your privacy? The only real information on my facebook is my IP address.

the facebook app "coupon" asks to know additional information such as access to the public profile (which is fine), but it also wants the friends list, email address and birthdate. Why is this information necessary and in what way will this be used?
When those options came up, I clicked "no I don't want to share", and that was OK, I still got my code and could download even though I didn't answer yes on those questions.

So basically I think it is better that the question is asked and one can choose to reply, instead of it being done automatically.

And here I thought all I had to do was to 'Like' UVI on Facebook, but no, as the following comes up in order to complete the free download:
Coupon would like to access your public profile, friend list, email address and birthday.
Huh, no, sorry. Not impressed, UVI, not impressed. :roll:

Ned Bouhalassa wrote:
Coupon would like to access your public profile, friend list, email address and birthday.
Huh, no, sorry. Not impressed, UVI, not impressed. :roll:
Can't you just answer no when that option pops up, and pass that? I did that and got to download nevertheless.

No. Hitting 'Cancel' gives me a 'Facebook login failed', even though I'm already logged in to FB.

Well, for those that didn't download it for free, pretty soon you'll be able to just buy it for $99.

Return to “Instruments”