Pads: your first choice?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think awhile ago on this thread I may have said Padshop Pro and Omni2. Still true, though I think we're getting to the point where just about ANY synth/ROM/sampler out these days has great pads or great pad potential.

More and more I'm finding that if I need a pad and I have another synth already racked up, I can just stick with that and be fine.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Touch The Universe wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:
recursive one wrote:Virus TI (like for pretty much anything else)

But it seems that Rapid may finally take its place
I would like to see a thread
Make Rapid Pads
I had removed Rapid from my Possible Buy list.
I would like to see a video that shows Rapid making pads.
I made a video where I just start exploring the synth for pads. I made it after spending 20 minutes with it, so haven't really scratched the service of its potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mkkp8AxDUo
Thanks for the video.
I will put back Rapid to my Possible Buy list.

BERFAB wrote:I think awhile ago on this thread I may have said Padshop Pro and Omni2. Still true, though I think we're getting to the point where just about ANY synth/ROM/sampler out these days has great pads or great pad potential.

More and more I'm finding that if I need a pad and I have another synth already racked up, I can just stick with that and be fine.

Cheers
-B
Sure, if you just want a pad sound like the sound you have, just give it a slower attack, a bit more release, add a little bit of motion somewhere and you're done. So I think that it comes down to those synths that do a better job of adding motion in interesting ways, somehow, or those (like Diva) that just sound better because of better sounding modules.

My OB6 gives the best pads that no soft synth can even get close to...it takes you to another dimension...im currently somewhere floating around in space...the year is 1982...the filter is wide open..now...lets turn up the resonance...arrghhhhhhhh
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

damoog wrote:My OB6 gives the best pads that no soft synth can even get close to...it takes you to another dimension...im currently somewhere floating around in space...the year is 1982...the filter is wide open..now...lets turn up the resonance...arrghhhhhhhh
There is a good softy though to be fair..diva its called..i can reccomend that beauty for pads :phones:
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Synth1 and my favourite is a fast arp with much release on unison pitched sound. Never got such pads out of other synths lol ;)

Actually, if you can find a mod reverberation plugin, you can do detuned washy pads out of anything, really. It's so much fun. Just kill Dry signal and tweak the parameters.

Free options: TAL-3 has it, Abstract Chamber has it, a bunch of others I bet, also, new stock Fruity Reeverb 2 in FL Studio 20 has the option.

In a paid world, there're plenty of them. Valhalla UberMod can be lovely for that, but it's not that cheap (it's also a goddamn awesome multipuprose swiss army knife). Serum or SerumFX users can go to town with MOD, too.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

For me it's a draw between Alchemy and Synplant.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

I recommend drone samples through Zynaptiq Adaptiverb (with harmonizer on). Whooosshhhh..................

Repro-5 pads blow my mind. The factory library is just so full of amazing pads I never feel the need to design my own.

Those Wolfgang palm synths like wavemapper and infinite have some darn nice digital ones, judging from the demos. Can’t get my around sound design with infinite though.

Viper has some damn nice virus like pads as well.

One of those threads you're sure you posted in... then you do a post search.. and, yep... posted in it. ;)

Has Maxi been mentioned yet?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

PPG Phonem is one of my favorites for pads...
Bazille for noisy somewhat inharmonic pads...
PPG Wavegenerator 2 for evolving pads...
RePro for classic analog pads...

For pads I always use one of these instruments (depending the type of pads... and the tastes of the moment):
And I'm going to purchase U-He Repro within the next weeks (it's not yet done, each month I set a limit to the expenses), the SCI Prophet 5 having always been awesome for pads.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Didn't they ask for your "first" choice? :hihi:

I'd have to think about it for a minute or two as there are so many good synths out there. For me (at this moment in time) it would be between OP-X Pro II, Spire, Synthmaster 2.x, and Diva. But it is tough to choose just one.

Return to “Instruments”