Madrona Labs New Instrument "Kaivo"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kaivo

madronalabs wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Pity, I like being able to have au preset versions too.
Can you tell me why? This isn't a test. It's just the only reason I could remember for adding them in the first place was that they update the Logic preset menus (framing the plugin window) automatically, and you can select presets from those menus. There may be other reasons I've forgotten that would make them more useful. Or even a serious argument for the utility of the frame preset UI over the plugin window one could convince me to keep them around.

Coming back to topic, this is likely to influence Kaivo one way or the other. I certainly have enough on my plate, so I could keep the au / ml duality around until version 2.0.
I think in Live if you use the AU version any presets saved are AU for Live's preset swap mechanism, but I could be wrong (maybe it's the opposite and only AU show up? Too lazy to play with it right now...). There's a (fairly) quick workaround for that, in that you can simply wrap any instruments in a rack. In any case, a lot of my AU plugs are as wonky in Live as in Logic when it comes to presets; happily I'm roll-your-own.

Weighing in on the Reverb: For effects, an on/off in addition to the level is always nice, so you can A/B without adjusting the mix or re-routing mods. But as a developer (non-music) I can relate to the feature-creep awareness necessary - add everything and it's product bloat with nothing exciting.

Cant' wait for more on Kaivo!!!!

madronalabs wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Pity, I like being able to have au preset versions too.
Can you tell me why? This isn't a test. It's just the only reason I could remember for adding them in the first place was that they update the Logic preset menus (framing the plugin window) automatically, and you can select presets from those menus. There may be other reasons I've forgotten that would make them more useful. Or even a serious argument for the utility of the frame preset UI over the plugin window one could convince me to keep them around.
I find the dropdown menu harder to navigate and when in Logic like being able to use the library sidebar. Also the dropdown tends to be a bit flaky, when I'm playing and trying to find a patch I find it keeps closing on me.

There's some new Kaivo sound examples on the Madrona Labs website, and on SoundCloud. Most of them are very experimental / electroacoustic oriented. Pretty interesting though…

Here: http://madronalabs.com/topics/3152-kaivo-preview

And here: https://soundcloud.com/groups/aalto-use ... drona-labs

Enjoy! :)

Cant wait for Kaivo ! Cool SC stuff !

It's February, release it already!
(and +1 for global wet/dry reverb)

It's March :)

Just checked the Madrona Labs website and forums, and still no fresh news on Kaivo's release yet so far. Probably coming real soon! Can't wait to try it :)

Doh! I meant it's March. Give it to us!

ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
ARE WE THERE YET?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Just a little further. :)

We've seen so many granulators coming out in the past few years, but I have a feeling this one is going to be pretty different and really bring brand new whole grains on the table!

Colonel Flashback wrote:It's February, release it already!
sl1914 wrote:It's March :)
:lol: However did you figure that out Mr. Holms?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
Colonel Flashback wrote:It's February, release it already!
sl1914 wrote:It's March :)
:lol: However did you figure that out Mr. Holms?
The constipated detective strikes again!

ariston wrote:Just a little further. :)

TWSS

Kaivo 1.0 is here! http://www.madronalabs.com
Randy Jones
Madrona Labs

Return to “Instruments”