Something is cooking: RAGNAROK - RELEASED !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

i tried the guiless beta, my first impression on the sound is the voices sound good and can hear it is capable of fat detuned sounds. 2 things to note, 1 it has a audible click at the start of a note, it can be eliminated by slowing the attack, but for fast bass sounds it wont work. 2. the name is cool, but it takes up quite a bit of the UI, no? :oops:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Full Bucket wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I mean where would Röyksopp be today, without that "¨", only Royksopp :D
Well, what would be "Björn" without the "¨"? :hihi:

Cheers, Bjorn
Ah... I get an update gui WITH the dots to you asap :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

V'ger wrote:Synth looks great, excited to try it out.. :hyper:
You can only use it if you plan a OSC with it :D :D :D :D :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

layzer wrote:i tried the guiless beta, my first impression on the sound is the voices sound good and can hear it is capable of fat detuned sounds. 2 things to note, 1 it has a audible click at the start of a note, it can be eliminated by slowing the attack, but for fast bass sounds it wont work.
No longer an issue in the current version..... I think (will test). Besides that the current version is so far removed from that early version that it is absolutely no longer relevant as reference.
layzer wrote: 2. the name is cool, but it takes up quite a bit of the UI, no? :oops:
As long as the GUI isn't too big because of the logo, I see no problem. I explained the philosophy behind the GUI (and the logo) earlier in this thread ;)

crimsonwarlock wrote:WITH the dots to you asap :D
The name of the dots is Tøddel

Another nice letter there the "ø" :D

Anybody in need of a name for a plugin -> Tøddel

It dots the ï, and is the icing on the cake ;)

I have actually decided that the final release GUI will have the dots on the name :D

In HTML it's ö for the "ö":
  • "uml" is straight forward if you are a native German speaker, knowing that an "ö" is an "Umlaut" (works with "ä" and "ü" too).
  • The "&" and ";" are mainly to keep non-professionals away. :hihi:
Cheers, Björn

And of course &.#246; works as well :D

So that would make Bj&.#246;rn..... yep, much better :hihi:

EDIT: darn, had to put a dot in there because the forum kept translating the ascii code :D

Bump! Any news? :hyper:

eidenk wrote:Bump! Any news? :hyper:
Currently testing new beta I got from Björn :D

Didn't have much time last few weeks, but I'm back in the studio now ;)

full of expectation looking for any news of that interesting synth......The GUI is also fabolous and can´t await to try it out or make some sounds of/for it. Are there any news yet?

ciao
armin aka kujashi

For those interested who don't follow the KVR One Synth Challenge: Last month we could choose our 'one synth' and I did a track with Ragrnarök. It's added to the first post in this thread with all the other information :D

Lets keep this thread current, as Björn is visiting the forum ;)

Numanoid wrote:Lets keep this thread current, as Björn is visiting the forum ;)
I am always here, so be aware... :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I would maybe have gone for the motörhead approach, and called it Ragnarök
The original hardware version has the dots on the name, I dropped them for the software version. Maybe I bring them back before the release :D
My 2 pennies: I think it would look best with the double dots :D
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Instruments”