Something is cooking: RAGNAROK - RELEASED !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

I'm currently beta-testing this and although it is not yet completely finished I'm already having heaps of fun with it :D The GUI shown above is the current layout, but things might change slightly before it's actual release.

This project is a collaboration between Full Bucket and myself (CrimsonWarlock). Björn (Full Bucket) is coding the plugin and also adding (great) suggestions; by his input the sytnh has gained several very useful additions in functionality that where not available on the hardware version (polyphony, noise generator, adjustable spread for the multivoice, adjustable interval for the interval oscillators). Besides bringing in the original specification/concept and (for obvious reasons) do testing, I'm also doing the graphics design for the GUI and I'm writing the user-manual.

I'm very thrilled that Björn has taken the development up for this, as I'm a big fan of his other plugins (like Kriminal stated somewhere in this thread). Besides that I think this new synth is in line with the kind of stuff he does (and Björn seems to agree to that :D).

Some more information: (will be updated as we go)

This synthesizer is modeled after a unique (as in 'only one in existence') synthesizer I build myself back in the eighties. The original hardware still exists, but is not working anymore. It's a monophonic lead/performance synthesizer, build from several synthesizer kits with some custom-designed intermediary electronics to get everything connected inside.

It has a basic analog monosynth architecture, with a Moog-like filter and a rather special oscillator configuration.

Demo track:

https://soundcloud.com/gridlock-momentu ... ummernight

RELEASED !!!

RAGNARÖK is officially released now. You can find all information and downloads on the Full Bucket website:

http://www.fullbucket.de/music/ragnarok.html

Big thanks to Björn (Full Bucket) for persevering with me in bringing this thing to finalization, even when I went off the grid for a while. Also, he made RAGNARÖk into a beautiful sounding instrument with serious character. Thanks to you buddy, great work.
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 7 times in total.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

damn, the interface reminds me of something A LOT. but i can't recall what it is!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

bpblog wrote:damn, the interface reminds me of something A LOT. but i can't recall what it is!
That might be because the 'style' for the GUI was inspired by some existing hardware ;) But besides the 'graphical inspiration' this virtual instrument has nothing to do with that particular hardware (although it has to do something with 'other' existing but extremely rare hardware).
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Looks very 'Roland'

Something you have made or just something you are testing?

Kriminal wrote:Looks very 'Roland'
The GUI is certainly not inspired on some Roland synth, although I do understand where you get that vibe ;)
Kriminal wrote:Something you have made or just something you are testing?
I'm beta-testing, but I'm also 'involved' in a certain way :D

In time everything will be revealed :hihi:

Looks cool :) Good luck with new synth

The knob scales look like those on the Casio XW P1...

fluffy_little_something wrote:The knob scales look like those on the Casio XW P1...
Bingo. You've won three shiny interwebs :D

But, just to make sure there are no wrong assumptions, the synth itself has nothing to do with the Casio.

crimsonwarlock wrote:
Kriminal wrote:Looks very 'Roland'
The GUI is certainly not inspired on some Roland synth, although I do understand where you get that vibe ;)
Kriminal wrote:Something you have made or just something you are testing?
I'm beta-testing, but I'm also 'involved' in a certain way :D

In time everything will be revealed :hihi:
So there's no NDA on it? I am guessing not :)

Looks nice, whatever it is

Examigan wrote:So there's no NDA on it? I am guessing not :)
Not really, but for now I'm keeping some information under wraps :D
Examigan wrote:Looks nice, whatever it is
It also sounds very nice... for what it is ;)

Is it SynthEdit?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is it SynthEdit?
Nope. Native code (C++), very efficient CPU-wise, especially for what it does.

Will be available for 32bit and 64bit (windows only), and first disclosure: it is going to be a free instrument :D

It looks like a Jomox.

Wow, that is rare. Could be fullbucket...

i'm guessing it's based on a hardware synth you made yourself?

Return to “Instruments”