Something is cooking: RAGNAROK - RELEASED !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

funky lime wrote:i'm guessing it's based on a hardware synth you made yourself?
Busted :D
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Are you that guy in the going all freeware reaper thread saying fullbucket is developing this for you I assume so since you have the same avatar?

ScottZ wrote:Are you that guy in the going all freeware reaper thread saying fullbucket is developing this for you I assume so since you have the same avatar?
It's in my signature here ;)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Wow, that is rare. Could be fullbucket...
makes sense, CW is a big fullbucket fan...

crimsonwarlock wrote:
ScottZ wrote:Are you that guy in the going all freeware reaper thread saying fullbucket is developing this for you I assume so since you have the same avatar?
It's in my signature here ;)
oh whoops lol so it is fullbucket confirmed in the thread in his sig.

Can we get an ETA for this VST/AU VA VI?

nineofkings wrote:Can we get an ETA for this VST/AU VA VI?
Nope... it's ready when it's ready :D

Updated the first post with some info ;)

Gets more and more interesting...

You can grab an early GUIless prototype here: http://www.fullbucket.de/music/dl.php?f ... _1_0_alpha ;)

No mystery in this thread if you've read this one before: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391015 ;)

eidenk wrote:You can grab an early GUIless prototype here: http://www.fullbucket.de/music/dl.php?f ... _1_0_alpha ;)

No mystery in this thread if you've read this one before: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391015 ;)
Darn, you had to spill the beans..... :D

It's fun to see how everyone is piecing information together ;)

On a related note: that 'early beta' is far removed from the current state of the plugin as it mainly has the basic oscillator configuration and filter setup, but very little more then that. However, it illustrates the basic idea of the synth (as that is why it was posted there) :hihi:

crimsonwarlock wrote:
eidenk wrote:You can grab an early GUIless prototype here: http://www.fullbucket.de/music/dl.php?f ... _1_0_alpha ;)

Darn, you had to spill the beans..... :D

It's fun to see how everyone is piecing information together ;)

On a related note: that 'early beta' is far removed from the current state of the plugin as it mainly has the basic oscillator configuration and filter setup, but very little more then that. However, it illustrates the basic idea of the synth (as that is why it was posted there) :hihi:
So you managed to get someone to code the synth you built yourself in hardware. If I remember well, yours is monophonic. Will the software be monophonic too or polyphonic?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: [..]Will the software be monophonic too or polyphonic?
posted alpha is poly at least.
guessing the final will have a mono/poly switch.

nice softsynth so far. i like the oscillator concept.
looking forward to the lfo actually affecting something in the next alphas.
please keep posting updates.

on the hardware: any plans on reassembling another unit or finding/launching a company that picks up the design?

~ph

fmr wrote:So you managed to get someone to code the synth you built yourself in hardware. If I remember well, yours is monophonic. Will the software be monophonic too or polyphonic?
Yep 'someone' (by now everyone knows who he is) is coding it, while I'm doing the GUI and the user-manual ;)

The software-version is polyphonic, which is one of the differences with the hardware (there are a few other very nice ones).
Last edited by crimsonwarlock on Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:nice softsynth so far. i like the oscillator concept.
looking forward to the lfo actually affecting something in the next alphas.
The LFO is fully functional in the current beta that I have for testing, including (especially) the LFO-ramp parameter :D
phdsg vn chfhn wrote:please keep posting updates.
Will do ;)
phdsg vn chfhn wrote:on the hardware: any plans on reassembling another unit or finding/launching a company that picks up the design?
Nope. The hardware (as posted in the first post in this topic) consist mainly of (then) existing DIY hardware kits. What makes it special is that I combined several (non related) kits into this instrument to make it into what it is/was. So the original kit designs where already someone's property. Besides that, there are also almost no integrated circuits in this thing (besides the basic oscillator/divider chips), so building it again today would actually be very expensive (mainly because of the labor involved).

But we are getting a nice software rendition of the thing, and the current beta already sounds very close to the hardware.

Return to “Instruments”