Something is cooking: RAGNAROK - RELEASED !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

As it is no secret any longer who is coding this thing, I've added some more information to the first message of this topic ;)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

crimsonwarlock wrote:As it is no secret any longer who is coding this thing, I've added some more information to the first message of this topic ;)
No point in hiding any longer? :hihi:

Folks, this is truly the greatest EU project I have ever been involved in. And I am really glad that CW takes care of UI creation, manual writing, Alpha/Beta testing, and (at least in parts) patch programming! :hail:

Cheers, Björn

First post updated with the full GUI screenshot.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

crimsonwarlock wrote:First post updated with the full GUI screenshot.
me likey :love:
new alpha?

~ph

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:new alpha?
Yep, testing this weekend :D

If the EQ section sliders are automatable, i can imagine some very interesting sounds coming out of the synth :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:If the EQ section sliders are automatable, i can imagine some very interesting sounds coming out of the synth :)
Every parameter will be automatable! 8)

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:Folks, this is truly the greatest EU project I have ever been involved in.
In what way is the EU involved?

Looks real nice, the only thing is the name is so big, and could be smaller. Then it would have more room for other goodies or to space the controls out a bit more.

toothnclaw wrote:
Full Bucket wrote:Folks, this is truly the greatest EU project I have ever been involved in.
I tried to be witty here :-o . It's due to the fact that CrimsonWarlock and I work across country borders but inside Europe. I'm glad that we live in a world where this is possible!

Cheers, Björn

Looks like an interesting project -- looking forward to it.
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Examigan wrote:Looks real nice, the only thing is the name is so big, and could be smaller. Then it would have more room for other goodies or to space the controls out a bit more.
Well, there's always 'the next version' :D

However, the GUI is largely based on the same topology as the hardware synth but there are additions like patch-handling (nothing like that back in the eighties when I did build the hardware version) and several 'hidden' settings that where actually trim-potentiometers inside the hardware synth. To accommodate for those the gui was made a bit larger and that gave space for the logo. Also, the original synth is called the same and has that name very big on the back-panel so it's appropriate that the software version has it's name prominently visible as well.

Besides all that, I think it suits the styling of the whole instrument very well :D

Full Bucket wrote:
toothnclaw wrote:
I tried to be witty here :-o . It's due to the fact that CrimsonWarlock and I work across country borders but inside Europe. I'm glad that we live in a world where this is possible!

Cheers, Björn
I totally agree with this of course :D

This looks intriguing. I sort of wish the virtual version shared more aesthetics with the original though...
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:This looks intriguing. I sort of wish the virtual version shared more aesthetics with the original though...
I did think about that (obviously as I'm the builder of the original), but I've seen this thing for about 30 years now and liked something a bit more modern. However, the current GUI is (from my current perspective) looking the way I would have styled it back then if I had the resources for doing a fully printed faceplate. The real faceplate is black sticky plastic, text and dials are 'rub-off' (don't know it that is the correct English name for it), and then transparent sticky plastic on top of that for protection. It was a very cost-effective way of making something like that, but it also looks kinda cheap now when you see it up close.

Return to “Instruments”