Something is cooking: RAGNAROK - RELEASED !!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ragnarök

typo in gui: "...by CrimsonsWarlock..."

had some clicky noises when switching db/oct on the filter.
also the knobs for envmode / db/oct are weird.
do they only work sideways and not up-down like the others?

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:typo in gui: "...by CrimsonsWarlock..."
Darn, that's stupid :dog: ... somehow you become blind for reading your own screen handle :D

Thanks for spotting it.
phdsg vn chfhn wrote:had some clicky noises when switching db/oct on the filter.
also the knobs for envmode / db/oct are weird.
do they only work sideways and not up-down like the others?
I've been aware about the clicks when switching poles on the filter. It didn't bother me as I don't switch those during playing. But, as this parameter can be automated as well, it might need some attention from our mighty developer Björn :hihi:

Behavior of the rotary switches is a bit weird but you get used to it (I did).
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Just started checking the 64-bit plugin and seems to sound nice so far.

[quote="DrewDale"
Only one problem (for me at least) the Prev / Next buttons in the patch memory are working, but the patch name is not changing (only the patch sound) I am having to use the < > arrows on the wrapper - FL Studio 11 / Win-8.1
[/quote]

Here at Windows 7 64-bit the patch names seem to work properly in Live 9.1.6 64-bit, Reaper 4.7 64-bit and Studio One 2.6.3 64-bit.

I had a strange problem when fiddling a bit with the controls starting fro man init patch.
Suddenly when i switched the filter from HP to LP and back the synth started to create a ringing/metalic sound/noise and that for all patches. Re-loading both the plugin or the project did not help, only re-starting the host solved this.
Next time i was not able to reproduce this. If i get the problem next time i'll try to find a procedure how to reproduce it.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Nice one, thanks! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Big thanks to all you guys for downloading, commenting, and reporting issues!!! :tu:

I just released v1.0.1 which fixes the GUI typo :clown: and should fix the potential problem with updating the patch name.

Be assured that I'm also digging into the other reported issues! Once I addressed a bunch of them I will come up with a new update version.

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:I just released v1.0.1 which fixes the GUI typo :clown:
That was about the stupidest bug I've ever introduced in a project :hihi:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Full Bucket wrote: I just released v1.0.1 which fixes the GUI typo :clown:
the synth was totally unusable with this gui error. everytime i was trying to dial in some patch parameters, that S in crimsonwarlock's name kept stealing my attention making me lose focus on which knob i was adjusting!! :cry:

gave it a good run otherwise, i'm keeping it :clap: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thank you very much. :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

crimsonwarlock wrote:That was about the stupidest bug I've ever introduced in a project :hihi:
Nevermind, I didn't note it either! :lol:

My most stupid (or at least most annoying) bug was this:

Code: Select all

virtual void setSampleRate (double sampleRate)
Anyone spotting the bug? :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

"void" functions don't return any values, would that be it (generally you'd need sample rate info in the rest of your code to tune filters, etc., no?)? :D

layzer wrote:
Full Bucket wrote: I just released v1.0.1 which fixes the GUI typo :clown:
the synth was totally unusable with this gui error. everytime i was trying to dial in some patch parameters, that S in crimsonwarlock's name kept stealing my attention making me lose focus on which knob i was adjusting!! :cry:
:D :lol: :oops:
layzer wrote:gave it a good run otherwise, i'm keeping it :clap: :tu:
Glad you like it :tu:

Thanks for this guys. Will try it out later. :)

:tu: Good work. patch names now updating in FL Studio.
:tu: All is good

Return to “Instruments”