One-Synth-Challenge 57: Tunefish - Chat & Gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tunefish 3

okay, I'll have a look at it. Let's see what I find out

Just a thing i noticed in TuneFish 3, is that as soon as you select ADSR1 in the mod matrix without a destination, the envelope of the sound changes.
And same thing happens as in tf4: as soon as adsr2 is selected in mod matrix, the release stage is completely missing. no matter if there's any destination set or not.

Ouch! :) Okay, I suppose it is time for some bugfix release on those two! I hope I find enough time on the weekend for it.

its really amazing that you do this already, so i really hope you dont feel any pressure!
<3

No biggie, I am motivated now, cause I found out today that Tunefish4 is featured in Beat Magazine with a full page this month :O Went out and got the issue right away! :)

I feel like world domination is just around the corner :) Need to do more coding! :D

payne_bc wrote:No biggie, I am motivated now, cause I found out today that Tunefish4 is featured in Beat Magazine with a full page this month :O Went out and got the issue right away! :)
Wow, man, congratulations! Great news, indeed, and totally deserved. :tu:

animehaus wrote: Wow, man, congratulations! Great news, indeed, and totally deserved. :tu:
Thank you :)

Congratz ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

payne_bc wrote: I feel like world domination is just around the corner :) Need to do more coding! :D
hahahaha :D
thats cool!
congrats on that!!!

payne_bc wrote:No biggie, I am motivated now, cause I found out today that Tunefish4 is featured in Beat Magazine with a full page this month :O Went out and got the issue right away! :)

I feel like world domination is just around the corner :) Need to do more coding! :D
Awesome, grats :tu:

I think that tunefish4 is a great synth.
I also like very much tunefish3. I like also tunefish2 but sometimes it sounds not very clean (the sound seems dirtier than tunefish3).
If you permit I can also report a little problem with ADSR in tunefish4 (I don't know if anybody else has already reported it). When you set all the ADSR sliders or the Decay slide to zero, the output goes to a very high level, many time higher than the volume setup.
In general I think tunefish4 this is a very remarkable vsti. I suppose it is based on pad-synth implementation like that on zynsubaddfx (a sample based generation of the wavetable or I'm wrong?) but it is the first time that I see this to permit a real time pad-synth parameters modulation and modification without any glitch or delays.
The only thing that I think is lost is the ability to generate strange inharmonic sounds like those you can obtain with tunefish3 with the choice of the 4 type of spectrum distribution.

Do you think will be possible in the future to implement this feature (4 type of distribution) on tunefish4 and implement the real time generation of sample in tunefish3.

Thank you very much for your synths and for your response
(ps. sorry for my english)

Thanks very much, sure you can report problems. Actually I very much encourage you to do so, even so it will make me feel bad for a moment if I hear about bugs and problems in my synth. But in the end if that leads to a better product, I can live with it :)

You're right, the Tunefish3 additive synth is based on the pad-synth implementation by Nasca Octavian Paul. In Tunefish4 however I did not use that but an own approach. It's not entirely different but I've come up with a faster way to generate the necessary data. That is why it works in realtime, but it also sounds different.
I think i could add the different distribution methods, but that will go into Tunefish5 which I will start to work on soon (meaning somewhen in the next 6 months). Tunefish3/4 are now in polishing/bugfixing mode and won't get any new features.

The bug you mention in the ADSR was already reported by someone and will be fixed soon. Please be a bit patient, it will take me a couple more days.

As a side note, Tunefish3 now runs on Mac/Linux. Just got it ported and it plays fine. A bit more work has to be done though on it before I release a beta.

So lots of work is to be done. TF3/4 ADSR bugfix releases, TF3 cross platform release, TF5 feature planning and start of development.

Oh and also a big thank you for the guys who donated so far :) Probably not all of them were KVR people but I know some of them are :)

I really like you synths!
I have one little problem. Always when I close my host program Jeskola Buzz after using tunefish3 I get a message that buzz(the host) has stopped working.

Hm, good to know. I'll try it out. It's been a long time since i used buzz :)

Ok, here's a preview of the upcoming 3.3 UI. Looks and works now more like v4. I am now getting closer to actually looking at the ADSR problems. Should be a fine release once it is done :) The larger spline window should make its use a bit easier. I'm not happy with the position of the Noise knobs however :(

Return to “Instruments”