Komplete 9 Install (Holy smokes 12 discs)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Depends on computer. My dual core took almost a whole day. The quad core was relatively quick, but I notice this is also true when I transfer large files from a USB drive.
Nicely, you can walk away and it will prompt and wait patiently for your next command.

Then you have to do the Service Center update. .......

Then you have to install those updates......

THEN, you can play.

osiris wrote:Depends on computer. My dual core took almost a whole day. The quad core was relatively quick, but I notice this is also true when I transfer large files from a USB drive.
Nicely, you can walk away and it will prompt and wait patiently for your next command.

Then you have to do the Service Center update. .......

Then you have to install those updates......

THEN, you can play.
It was horrible with K7, but at least it doesn't have 12 discs...
Now I downloaded the ISO-files. That's much faster. Everybody can do that in their account. It's worth the downloads of tons of GBs :pray:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Just installed, took about 2,5 hours (with a fair minute or so between every disk so the DVD unit wouldn't melt :hihi: )
Didn't install the 4 old Kontakt pianos tho...

sqigls wrote:Yeah cheers, I'm just trying to avoid using the next two months of internet on downloading something I have on disc here already. I'll have to try a Windows machine and see if the files are visible. I can install everything so far, but the discs just appear blank to the OS.
IIRC, you can create backup disk images of them using Disk Utility on OS X.

sqigls wrote:Yeah cheers, I'm just trying to avoid using the next two months of internet on downloading something I have on disc here already. I'll have to try a Windows machine and see if the files are visible. I can install everything so far, but the discs just appear blank to the OS.
Image the discs to your hard drive. Install from the images and keep the original discs in a safe place.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Best thing about Ultimate - Single drive installer. Set it and forget it. ;)

I went through many rounds of Komplete install from discs. Don't miss that at all!

mkdr wrote:It was actually not that bad.. a Bluray drive speeds things up.
Bluray disks would have sped things up even further.

sqigls wrote:I'm wondering how to backup these 12 discs to my external hard drive? My mac sees the first disc contents (installers)… but the Battery and Kontakt disc contents are not visible to my computer.
1) pop in an install DVD
2) open "Disk Utility"
3) click on the DVD in Disk Utility, in the list on the left
4) file -> new -> disk image from ... (or click New Image on the top icon bar)
5) give your disk image a name and location
6) also select "DVD/CD master" as the image type, and no encryption
7) Save

I had to go through this because my new MBP has no optical disc drive.
To use the resulting image files, just double click them or select them then command-O , which will mount them. The installer will see them as being exactly the same as an inserted disc.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Best thing about Ultimate - Single drive installer. Set it and forget it. ;)

I went through many rounds of Komplete install from discs. Don't miss that at all!

Ultimate is the shit. That's almost the only reason for me to buy it. Plus some extra sounds... but I'll wait for K10, when I get more for my money :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I don't think I've even installed the Kontakt 5 library for this very reason.

My copy of K9 arrived today... will have to wait till the weekend to install :hihi:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Return to “Instruments”